Author Topic: tightness with back  (Read 1095 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
tightness with back
« on: May 24, 2011, 11:32:17 AM »
For the last year, my first exercise when doing back was always deads, the bb rows, then pullups.  For the last few weeks, that has been changing because I am doing the Max OT training program. 

During this phase, i've been starting with pullups.  two weeks ago (for the first exercise), I did my first set of ten (5x10) pullups and my back kinda cramped up, and although it didn't effect my strength, it felt a little spasm-y.  Same thing last week. Now, I'm about to go in to do back today, and I'm wondering if I should start off with assisted pullups and pyramid my way up to weighted pullups (like i had been doing).

No back pain during deads, rows or weighted hyperextensions to report.

POTA

Re: tightness with back
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 11:58:47 AM »
Are you getting a lot of good stretching in before and during your workout?

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 12:02:32 PM »
I perform partial deads on back day......usually no back discomfort whatsoever......last week though.....I experienced some tightness and low back discomfort....layed off the partials for a 1-2 weeks and the tightness really became an issue....felt like hell in the morning.....difficult time putting socks on.....then after resting for a while.....commenced the partial deads again.....back feels great again.....one of life's little mysteries.....

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 04:30:42 AM »
felt like hell in the morning.....difficult time putting socks on.......
Welcome to my world..........same thing on a daily basis!!  :(

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 01:06:20 PM »
just a heads up to y'all, my back tightness went away... I think it was because I was trying to get more sleep (hear me out...).  I've found that when I sleep for more than 6 hours, my back gets tight.  So, back to 6 hours it is. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 05:12:22 AM »
I perform partial deads on back day......usually no back discomfort whatsoever......last week though.....I experienced some tightness and low back discomfort....layed off the partials for a 1-2 weeks and the tightness really became an issue....felt like hell in the morning.....difficult time putting socks on.....then after resting for a while.....commenced the partial deads again.....back feels great again.....one of life's little mysteries.....
I must admit when i stopped doing stiff legged deadlifts i felt it in my lower back in the morning and when running. When i started doing them again i felt great. seems to be a common thing for most of us.. ;D