Author Topic: Power Of The Gorilla.  (Read 28980 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: Power Of The Gorilla.
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2011, 08:29:07 AM »
How come you never see any at powerlifting meets then?
I sometimes spot them there..

the Algebra Wizard

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2011, 08:58:20 AM »
there is only one gorilla that matters

Fukn Monsoon !!!

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2011, 09:28:12 AM »
How come you never see any at powerlifting meets then?

they're above the average Ape on those meets and therefore have to be in their own class
Get Big, or Die Trying

suckmymuscle

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2011, 10:31:09 AM »
  Here are lowland gorillas' estimated lifts on popular exercises. Please read the other gorilla thread to undrstand the logic behind these lifts http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=377680.0. These estimates are for lowland gorillas. Mountain gorillas are much stronger:

Bench press(raw) 1,300 lbs

Front military barbell press 2,000 lbs

Barbell row 2,400 lbs

Deadlift 4,500 lbs

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2011, 10:32:40 AM »
  Here are lowland gorillas' estimated lifts on popular exercises. Please read the other gorilla thread to undrstand the logic behind these lifts http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=377680.0. These estimates are for lowland gorillas. Mountain gorillas are much stronger:

Barbell row 2,400 lbs

Deadlift 4,500 lbs

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Imagine what they could lift on gear and trained by gh15...

suckmymuscle

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2011, 10:45:07 AM »
Imagine what they could lift on gear and trained by gh15...

Those lifts are for lowland gorillas, which average slightly more than 300 lbs and are never bigger than 400 lbs. Mountain gorillas are much larger averaging 450 lbs and can be over 600 lbs and are over twice as strong as lowland gorillas. So you can double those lifts for a 500 lbs mountain gorilla. Some people might find the gorilla's bench disappointing. Although much higher than even the strongest Human's, not as spectacular as the other lifts, but that's because gorillas' muscles are positioned to maximize strength for pulling and not pushing and they have very long arms which also makes benching much harder for them than for a Human. Nevertheless, a large mountain gorilla should still be able to bench raw about 5 times more weight than what the strongest Human bencher can, and should be able to pull weights over a dozen times greater than what pro bodybuilders do on pulling exercises like barbell rows. A large mountain gorilla could barbell row a bar with cars at each end of the bar. Now imagine if it grabs hold of your crotch and pulls it...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2011, 11:27:28 AM »
press
F

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2011, 02:12:23 PM »
not even close lol

Full grown silverback gorillas weigh around 300 lbs normally (males).  

Now a polar bear or a kodiak bear is a different story!  They can weigh between 900 - 1500 lbs!
http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/bear.html

It's funny to think about, but Ronnie Coleman at 300 lbs is probably around the same size as a full grown silverback...and probably with MORE muscle mass.  The difference would be in how it is distributed and the ability to use the strength.  

300lbs? You are a moron lol.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2011, 03:09:39 PM »
300lbs? You are a moron lol.

No, it's really 300 lbs. I mean, just take a look at this video. The gorilla's arms are the size of Ronnie's quads at the 2003 Olympia, and it's back has literally twice the width of Ronnie's back when he was in his prime, and yet the gorilla still manages to be the same size of Ronnie or Nasser according to "SimplyHuge". How can you argue with such brutal logic? :-\ :-\

SUCKMYMUSCLE

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2011, 04:58:33 PM »
  No, it's really 300 lbs. I mean, just take a look at this video. The gorilla's arms are the size of Ronnie's quads at the 2003 Olympia, and it's back has literally twice the width of Ronnie's back when he was in his prime, and yet the gorilla still manages to be the same size of Ronnie or Nasser according to "SimplyHuge". How can you argue with such brutal logic? :-\ :-\

SUCKMYMUSCLE

His head is the size of a fucking Smart car. In the video of the Silverback that drags the ranger by the leg, if you stop and watch it go by you can see the sheer size of its forearm, it literally looks bigger than Ronnie Colemans leg. Sometimes people confuse relativity of mass, they do the same thing in bodybuilding all the time.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2011, 05:30:35 PM »
His head is the size of a fucking Smart car. In the video of the Silverback that drags the ranger by the leg, if you stop and watch it go by you can see the sheer size of its forearm, it literally looks bigger than Ronnie Colemans leg. Sometimes people confuse relativity of mass, they do the same thing in bodybuilding all the time.

Yep. the gorilla in this video is at least 450 lbs(200 kg). It is simply impossible for it to be smaller. Looking at it, I estimate it's weight at about 520-30 lbs or so. It's wrists are 12' around, or almost the size of a man's upper arm. This behemoth seen here can barbell row a bar with cars on each end of it, or deadlift a van at 6,000 lbs. Fucking monstah!!!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2011, 05:39:22 PM »
I might have seen the same documentary, one of the scenes in it was awesome. When the alpha-male silverback gorilla wanted to mate he would start growling and rocking back and forth for a while and then his 4-5 females would simply lie down on their back and wait for him to fuck them, EPIC alpha male  ;D.
Thats a typical weekend for getbiggers
I

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2011, 09:44:12 PM »
Yes, gorillas can deadlift 9,152,555 pounds and throw a Cadillac across the Pacific Ocean. I've seen lots of gorillas at the zoo and never saw a single demonstration of strength other than banging on the glass and eating a small pumpkin.

Gorillas are cute.
a

suckmymuscle

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2011, 10:42:14 PM »
Yes, gorillas can deadlift 9,152,555 pounds and throw a Cadillac across the Pacific Ocean. I've seen lots of gorillas at the zoo and never saw a single demonstration of strength other than banging on the glass and eating a small pumpkin.

Gorillas are cute.

Black backs(male gorillas before puberty) have been seen tearing truck tires with their bare hands and bending coins with their fingers. Now take into consideration that a black back weights around 200 lbs. So do the math for the power of a 450-600 lbs silverback mountain gorilla.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2011, 01:44:42 AM »

Barbell row 2,400 lbs

Deadlift 4,500 lbs

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Pure fiction.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2011, 02:12:49 AM »
 Yeah, but given the choice of being Newton or having the strength and power of a gorilla, 99%+ of all men would choose the latter option.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hehe, would you also prefer the mind of a gorilla? AND, there is also one more caveat: the penis size of a gorilla? It is 4 cm long erect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penis). This is actually a trait that is directly related to the size and strength in the gorilla. The gorilla has a harem- ie. only one male gets to mate the group of females in the "pack". In mammals- this kind of mating hierarchy is associated with having small penis sizes ( I kid you not, hehe), AND also associated with a very large difference between males and females in size and strength, probably due to male selection for strength and size in order to get to the top of the dominance hierachy and thus being able to mate. (somewhat related: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article504245.ece).

NN

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2011, 03:27:16 AM »

Gorillas are cute.

Lol!  ;D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2011, 05:37:46 AM »

Gorillas are cute.

;D ;D ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2011, 10:03:21 AM »
did you ever see the videos of a small chimp out pulling a grown man with one hand like he was nothing now multiply the strength by 5 and you got a gorilla. years ago they used a dynamoter to test a chimps grip he register a decent amount, but in a sibsequent try he became angered and his strength went off the charts. i'll see if i can find the article.
F

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2011, 01:09:54 PM »

Gorillas are cute.

aww patty cakes, you jealous cuz they are stronger than you?  >:(

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2011, 01:17:08 PM »
Gorillas rule. I'd love to live among them. I am sick of human shit.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2011, 05:04:01 PM »
 Ok, morons, what is wrong with saying that viruses and bacterias are the dominant species on the planet? Their biomass is at least 100 times greater than that of all other species combined, and they kill millions of people every year and there is nothing that we can do to stop them. Do you think we are the most dominant just because we can create fancy toys? The irony of people who are clearly less intelligent than me and who didn't even understand my point in the first place thinking that they know better than me and that I am stupid. One of the "pleasures" of posting at Getbig.com message boards.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Whats more dominant hmm let me see...

We can live without viruses, they need a host to survive. They are completely dependent on us for survival. Well animals as well.

I would say humans are easily the most dominant because we literally change our environment to suit ourselves. If we feel like living in the fucking desert, we just pipe in water and air conditioning and there you have it. Since when do viruses live outside a living host? That's right, they don't...

Also if we truly wanted to, we could wipe out any virus on the planet. Just takes money and time.

In truth, what determines a species dominance I would think would be ability to colonize and change the environment. Not to mention we eat literally everything- plants, animals, ourselves...We can eat anything and live anywhere and change our surroundings to suit ourselves. Pretty much it.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2011, 05:42:37 PM »
Whats more dominant hmm let me see...

We can live without viruses, they need a host to survive. They are completely dependent on us for survival. Well animals as well.

Yeah, and we are completely dependent on plants and animals for our survival as well. So going by your logic, they are more dominant than we are. Saying that being dominant is defined by who needs who more is redundant. Lions depend on meat of other animals to survive; without it they starve. And yet, most biologists would say that lions are at the most dominant species since they are at the top of the food chain.

I would say humans are easily the most dominant because we literally change our environment to suit ourselves. If we feel like living in the fucking desert, we just pipe in water and air conditioning and there you have it.

This is a value-judgement you are making: a complete opinion based on an arbitrary criteria and nothing more. Sure, we can live in any environment due to our technology and viruses can't, but this is not a criteria that Nature uses to determine dominance. Dominance is defined by reproduction and by which species can manipulate organic resources better for reproduction. Viruses and bacterias are more dominant than we are because their biomass(the combined weight of all viruses and bacteria) is several times greater than ours, and they can manipulate us for their reproductive advantage much better than we can. In fact, we don't use viruses and bacteria at all to aid in our survival - except for symbiotic bacteria in our gut -, but they sure as hell uses us, and they kill us by the millions every year and there is nothing we can do to stop them.

Since when do viruses live outside a living host? That's right, they don't...

Since when can Humans live without animals and plants? Going by your logic, then they are more dominant than we are since we need them but they don't need us. A plant can use sunlight to create sugars via photosynthesis and live for itself, but we need to feed on plants or animals that feed on plants to survive. So who is more dominant? This is a terrible criteria for dominance. We are dominant over plants even though we need them a lot more than they need us because we use them for our reproductive advantage to a much greater degree than they use us; likewise, viruses and bacteria are dominant over us even though they need us much more than we need them because they use us for their reproductive advantage much more than we use them.

Also if we truly wanted to, we could wipe out any virus on the planet. Just takes money and time.

Do you really think that if all it took to wipe out every virus and bacteria are money and time, that pharmaceutical companies wouldn't have done it a long time ago? Do you have any idea how much money there is to be made on an AIDS or Flu vaccine? We are talking not even billions, but potentially trillions of Dollars here. Not only are we unable to defeat most viruses and bacteria, but the ones we can are growing resistance to our antibiotics and making a comeback killing millions of people.

In truth, what determines a species dominance I would think would be ability to colonize and change the environment.

This is a completely arbitrary definition of dominance. Cockroaches can live in any environment and yet they are food in all environments. Cockroaches are dominant, though, because there are so many of them even though they are eaten so often. And they are dominant over us because they use us for their own reproductive success - we are a great source of food - more than we use them.

Not to mention we eat literally everything- plants, animals, ourselves...We can eat anything and live anywhere and change our surroundings to suit ourselves. Pretty much it.

But before you said that viruses were not dominant over us because they need us. Well, we need plants and animals, so are they dominant over us? See how foolish the criteria you are using is? I can say that viruses are dominant over us because they "eat" us and we can't stop them. But you are agreeing with me: we are dominant over plants and animals because we use them for our reproductive advantage much more than they use us. Likewise, viruses and bacteria are dominant over us because they use us for their reproductive advantage much more than we use them, and they are the most dominant species because the biomass of viruses and bacteria is hundreds of times greater than that of all plants and animals combined.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2011, 05:55:01 PM »
SMM you are a ponce. I have said this before, and you refuse to listen.

Google the fucking word, look in the mirror, and see the truth.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2011, 07:45:10 PM »
SMM you are a ponce. I have said this before, and you refuse to listen.

Google the fucking word, look in the mirror, and see the truth.

Translation:

"I got owned with my own retard logic and am feeling stupid right now and have nothing to reply to him, so I will just insult him."

"Methyl Mike", it's not my fault that I made you feel stupid and that you are unable to debate with me without resorting to childish insults.

SUCKMYMUSCLE