Author Topic: Flat versus Incline Bench  (Read 7701 times)

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: Flat versus Incline Bench
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 01:06:43 PM »
I need help with building my chest. I like doing incline bench presses, but hate doing flat bench. For some reason, I have a fear of dropping the bar on my chest on the flat bench, but do not have this fear with the incline. Sounds crazy? Has anyone else ever felt this way? How did you overcome this? Thanks  - David
Always have someone you trust spot you.....that is about all you can do.

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 11:50:33 AM »
I can't do Flat bench either. Some people are just not built for it. Can't unrack the fucking bar, it feels awkward, my shoulders hurt...
I just do inclines and i'm good to go. You can substitute flat bench for anything, seated hammer presses, leverage bench press, smith machine bench press...don't fall into that big 3 bullshit. You can built an awesome chest without flat bench.
Boundary Breaker

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 09:15:47 PM »
I can't do Flat bench either. Some people are just not built for it. Can't unrack the fucking bar, it feels awkward, my shoulders hurt...
I just do inclines and i'm good to go. You can substitute flat bench for anything, seated hammer presses, leverage bench press, smith machine bench press...don't fall into that big 3 bullshit. You can built an awesome chest without flat bench.
you dont HAVE to do any exercise, if one doesnt work for you find another one.

sincityiron

• Getbig I
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 09:47:36 PM »
9 times out of 10 if someone has problems with flat bench it is due to setting up wrong.  There is a real good video on youtube by Dave Tate check it out and try to bench like that if it still hurts your probably that 10% and just leave them alone.