Author Topic: Bob Chick Multi Winner Mr. Olympia  (Read 33542 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: Bob Chick Multi Winner Mr. Olympia
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2011, 07:06:30 PM »
Pro athletes rep = getting the shaft!
Living in Florida = getting the shaft
New contract = getting the shaft
Pro Card = asskissers anonymous
Mirage Hotel = where reputations are made
Chickspeak = bullshitting all day long

great post x2

Freudian slip Bob? ;)
bob slips up again
w

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2011, 07:50:27 PM »
The 1989 North American...no question about it.  should have won and earned my pro card there...there was a strange judging panel assembled because the 1989 Olympia was the same weekend in Rimini Italy, which all the regular urges were at....I ended up in 4th after just beating the two guys in front of me at the USA, and was sharper than Morant, who just  beat me at the USA by one point.

as a pro, The 2002 Olympia...judges table 55 Ft. Away from the stage, Wayne pulling his usual shit...18th was a joke
Got any pics from the 89 North American?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2011, 07:58:54 PM »
Bob is typical of muscleheads. He believes what everyone else believes. Judging from further back is better for several reasons. First you are not looking up at the competitors. Second, you can compare the men much better with that perspective. Ideally, the judges should be about waist level with the competitors. When you look up at bodybuilders you get a distorted view of what they look like. Perhaps if this was more accepted then the importance of 'conditioning' wouldn't be so high.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2011, 08:03:12 PM »
Bob is typical of muscleheads. He believes what everyone else believes. Judging from further back is better for several reasons. First you are not looking up at the competitors. Second, you can compare the men much better with that perspective. Ideally, the judges should be about waist level with the competitors. When you look up at bodybuilders you get a distorted view of what they look like. Perhaps if this was more accepted then the importance of 'conditioning' wouldn't be so high.

What would you know about judging, ImBasile...?

you picked your own judging panel for your "win"...

being 55ft. Back is ludicrous at best, and having to use the big screen to judge makes even more a no brainer .figures you would agree wit it.

imBasile

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2011, 08:21:11 PM »
Bob, you are the epitome of the unthinking Flotsam here on Getbig. No one can penetrate that thick skull. No wonder hair grows so well on it!

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2011, 08:35:39 PM »
Basille - you're wrong and you're an idiot. What Bob says is spot on and him losing to Morant is just another NPC judging sham.Morant only had good arms, he was an average national competitor in all his other bodyparts.

Vince, don't you have some shirtless teenage German boys to photograph somewhere? Fucking toddler toucher.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2011, 01:40:23 AM »
FLS

and keep moving!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2011, 01:41:20 AM »
DB

and keep moving!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2011, 01:42:31 AM »
She trumps you Bob...  ;)
and keep moving!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2011, 02:25:00 AM »
Dave that blonde not only trumps Bob but makes him look downright bad.   :'(

Awesome shots of Chick..........vastly underated IMO,and went toe to toe in a class and at a time where there were some really outstanding bodybuilders.

Definately held his own and had a unique look to his physique,whereas today,everyone looks similar and "bloofy" if you will..................pl us he never handpicked his own judging panel !!   LOL  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2011, 02:26:06 AM »
Gotta` add that the broad is contributing to my morning test levels rising...............DAM N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2011, 03:51:01 AM »
Bob hasn't recovered from the owning from Goatboy about those eggwhites. Got Bob the shaft and he ended up in Florida! Eventually everyone gets what they deserve and they deserve what they get.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2011, 03:58:08 AM »
Must have missed that one ImBasile.....All I recall is a bunch of people getting schooled.  company continues to beat every financial mark month after month.....yeah...big "owning"

Go back to running your daddy's gym now...

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2011, 04:02:04 AM »
Bob hasn't recovered from the owning from Goatboy about those eggwhites. Got Bob the shaft and he ended up in Florida! Eventually everyone gets what they deserve and they deserve what they get.

So considering Bob is honest, succesful, happy, and extemely fuckable.....

I agree....he deserves everything he has worked for.

He is one of the few people that has managed to stay relevant in this industry...an industry that he loves by the way. And he hasn't had to destroy his health to do it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2011, 04:45:14 AM »
yes, as  I explained  in my post earlier...Both Paul DeMayo and I received invitations to compete.

Sorry! I didn't see your post on this, before asking my question. Now that I think about it, weren't you in a couple of issues of Bodybuilding Lifestyles/WBF magazine?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2011, 05:47:19 AM »
Sorry! I didn't see your post on this, before asking my question. Now that I think about it, weren't you in a couple of issues of Bodybuilding Lifestyles/WBF magazine?

how would you know this McWay?..you only read the supplement ads :D

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2011, 06:58:10 AM »
I climbed the ranks pretty fast, winning about 20+ teen shows, placing 2nd to Shawn Ray at the Teen Nationals, won the Jr. Nationals overall in 1987, placed 5th in my National debut the same year HW...

Placed runner up to Johnnie Morant at the 1989 USA, and two more top 5 at the 89 Nationals/ N. American...placed 5th in the 1990 Nationals (drug tested)....clean.  Took 6th in the infamous 1991 Nationals...

Then it all started to go downhill....as I wasnt winning, but close....I started to make changes to my program...training, gear, cardio, etc...more specifically, my last 48 hr. prep....and with every change came worse results....the smarter I got, the worse I looked.  Something to be said for ignorance being bliss...

when I got picked for the American Gladiators, I figured I would go in that direction, since it was a very natural fit for me, being a athlete in many sports for many years... when that canceled the following year, I got a call from the WBF/ McMahon..they were going to offer two amateurs a chance to compete as pros...Paul DeMayo...and Me.  When that closed shop before ever getting going...I went back to my quest to turn pro...

As the years rolled along, I started to focus on running my personal training gym, while still competing, and still missing the mark...

In 1998 I blew out my L-4/ L-5 disc...bad. I had surgery/ fusion in July of that year. Figured my quest was finally over as there were no guarantees of a full recovery, especially nerve wise.

Got with George Farah in 1999, he assured my with my genetics and his expertise of diet/ prep....that I would turn pro....guaranteed.  Busted my  as we had 11 weeks to the 99 Nats...had to re-qualify...went down to TX for the last Q before the Natinals...won the TX, went on to place 2nd to King in the HW ( as I was already down in weight from being out of action from surgery, etc....I was 225 on the button)

Went on the win the USA SHW and Overall at 233 lbs.

THAT was MY Olympia...whatever happened after that as a pro would always take a back seat to 13 years of effort and obtaining my goal...

Very refreshing to read your account. So much posturing and fabricating goes on that it's inspiring to read a truthful, yet humble account of someone's pursuit of a goal and their achievement. Well done.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2011, 11:44:56 AM »
how would you know this McWay?..you only read the supplement ads :D

I know this because I've probably been lifting weights about as long you've been alive.

I used to read and collect the WBF magazines, but I lost them when I moved in either '93 or '94.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2011, 12:07:14 PM »
I climbed the ranks pretty fast, winning about 20+ teen shows, placing 2nd to Shawn Ray at the Teen Nationals, won the Jr. Nationals overall in 1987, placed 5th in my National debut the same year HW...

Placed runner up to Johnnie Morant at the 1989 USA, and two more top 5 at the 89 Nationals/ N. American...placed 5th in the 1990 Nationals (drug tested)....clean.  Took 6th in the infamous 1991 Nationals...

Then it all started to go downhill....as I wasnt winning, but close....I started to make changes to my program...training, gear, cardio, etc...more specifically, my last 48 hr. prep....and with every change came worse results....the smarter I got, the worse I looked.  Something to be said for ignorance being bliss...

when I got picked for the American Gladiators, I figured I would go in that direction, since it was a very natural fit for me, being a athlete in many sports for many years... when that canceled the following year, I got a call from the WBF/ McMahon..they were going to offer two amateurs a chance to compete as pros...Paul DeMayo...and Me.  When that closed shop before ever getting going...I went back to my quest to turn pro...

As the years rolled along, I started to focus on running my personal training gym, while still competing, and still missing the mark...

In 1998 I blew out my L-4/ L-5 disc...bad. I had surgery/ fusion in July of that year. Figured my quest was finally over as there were no guarantees of a full recovery, especially nerve wise.

Got with George Farah in 1999, he assured my with my genetics and his expertise of diet/ prep....that I would turn pro....guaranteed.  Busted my  as we had 11 weeks to the 99 Nats...had to re-qualify...went down to TX for the last Q before the Natinals...won the TX, went on to place 2nd to King in the HW ( as I was already down in weight from being out of action from surgery, etc....I was 225 on the button)

Went on the win the USA SHW and Overall at 233 lbs.

THAT was MY Olympia...whatever happened after that as a pro would always take a back seat to 13 years of effort and obtaining my goal...
Great post Bob and pretty intersting story about your background and journey to the pros.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2011, 12:10:17 PM »
I never left, I just wasn't placing  very well...you don't hear too much about the guys in 10-15th...lol
Hmmm, we all heard about Titus and he wasn't cracking the Olympia top 5 .
Maybe, just maybe had you killed a girl and tried to torch her corpse, you might have gotten more media attention. :o

All things considered I think you made out a lot better then Mr Titus and most other non Olympia winners in modern bodybuilding. ;)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2011, 12:10:55 PM »

You are correct sir!

very first issue....it was shot in Vince McMahons personal gym in his house...quite an impressive house to say the least...I remember Stephanie kickin around the house, she had to be 8-9 years old...lol

never panned out, as the federation would close shop soon thereafter...I still have the invite sent from the WBF somewhere in my vast collection of memorabilia

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2011, 12:11:58 PM »
Hmmm, we all heard about Titus and he wasn't cracking the Olympia top 5 .
Maybe, just maybe had you killed a girl and tried to torch her corpse, you might have gotten more media attention. :o

All things considered I think you made out a lot better then Mr Titus and most other non Olympia winners in modern bodybuilding. ;)

no question there, my friend...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2011, 12:23:36 PM »
You are correct sir!

very first issue....it was shot in Vince McMahons personal gym in his house...quite an impressive house to say the least...I remember Stephanie kickin around the house, she had to be 8-9 years old...lol

never panned out, as the federation would close shop soon thereafter...I still have the invite sent from the WBF somewhere in my vast collection of memorabilia

That's the one with Jim Quinn with a football and two guys trying to tackle him.

Did you go to either of the WBF shows?

I saw the second one on PPV (cost me $15). I had clips of the first show from the episodes of Bodystars that I recorded back in '92. I found a tape of the first show for about $8 on Amazon and bought it a few weeks ago.

What'd you think about the first show? It's safe to say the consensus on the second one was that it was less than stellar (to be gracious).

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2011, 12:29:16 PM »
Chick looks really good, could have used a touch more sweep but other than that a really great bodybuilder. And he can actually speak when he opens his mouth! Most bodybuilders might as well just drool or fall asleep when they try to sound intelligent, but you can tell Bob is pretty sharp.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2011, 01:01:57 PM »
Chick looks really good, could have used a touch more sweep but other than that a really great bodybuilder. And he can actually speak when he opens his mouth! Most bodybuilders might as well just drool or fall asleep when they try to sound intelligent, but you can tell Bob is pretty sharp.

Bob's not a big believer in squats.