Author Topic: Methyl Mike's "Get your ass in shape for summer" thread.  (Read 5657 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Methyl Mike's "Get your ass in shape for summer" thread.
« on: June 01, 2011, 06:28:58 PM »
Just getting back into it after a 2 month layoff. Partly laziness (in the beginning) then I sprained my ankle and couldn't walk for 3 weeks, still hurts. No wind sprints sadly.

Name of the game is this- you have been sitting on your ass, and are itching to get back in shape. If you are like me, you are impatient as fuck and want to get in shape AS FAST AS FUCKING POSSIBLE!!!

But we are doing this drug free, so what's the deal? What diet/training program is really ideal here?

I will tell you how I do it, and you can all modify as needed.

Firstly is the training. Diet is key, but you won't understand it without laying some foundation first.

When I come back after a layoff, I hit every muscle once the first split, and keep the intensity and volume very moderate. Mostly trying to feel the muscle fire, and re-tune the 'ol mind muscle connection. Weights are moderate as well.

You do *NOT* need to kill your muscles when you come back! It will just make you more sore than is needed. Also in bodybuilding you can never go backward to in my humble opinion it is much more logical to take advantage of the easy growth you experience coming back.

Day 1- Chest/Arms
Sets reps exercises go like this- chest is machine dips, 3 working sets around 12-20 reps, incline dumbell flyes 2 working sets 8-12 reps and one warm up, cable crossovers 3 working sets 10-20 reps. By working sets I mean not to failure! Just get a good burn going, and some overload. That's IT. You will get sore and you will grow trust me.

Arms are dumbell preacher curls and hammers for biceps, just straight bar pressdowns for triceps. Rep ranges for all is under 16, don't care aside from that. Get a burn going, do NOT GO TO FAILURE!

Day 2- Back/Shoulders

Simple- Pulldowns 2 to the front 2 to the back, 8-15 reps for both. Lighter weight than usual, just feeling the lats/rhomboids contract. Followed by dumbell pullovers with feet supported (meaning something on top of your feet to keep them down) only 2 working sets, high rep 8-15 and one warm up. Reverse grip barbell rows 3 working sets 8-15 reps.

Seated dumbell presses for delts supersetted with seated laterals. 3 working sets of 8-15 reps each. On the laterals, make sure you keep your reps higher than usual...

Traps are dumbell shrugs, be careful NOT TO BEND YOUR ARMS. Keep them straight! Decrease weight if needed. 2 working sets, 3 if needed, reps are under 12. Traps just need some tension and they will grow, no worries.

Day 3 legs

Extensions light weight moderate reps. 2-3 working sets keep reps moderate under 20 for sure. Front squats will finish it, reps are under 12 2-3 working sets.

Hammy's are for sure lying leg curls and some seated leg curls. You are on your own with sets and reps, you might only be able to get 1-2 sets of each because you are fatigued from the front squats. Do what you can, get a burn and move on.

Calves yadda yadda I walk on the treadmill and have huge calves, you are on your own sorry.

So KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) applies for the first week or two. You might do that breakin routine for 2 training cycles, up to you. I have 16 years in the gym (YIKES!) and get by fine with just one.

Diet- MEAT AND LOTS OF IT!!!!!!! Enjoy a HUGE spike in protein synthesis during the break in period. HUGE SPIKE. I eat 4-5 meals roughly 60-100 grams of protein in each meal. WAY MORE than I normally eat. Only for a 2 week period while breaking in, after that I go back to moderate protein.

When I say eat MEAT, I don't mean fucking protein shakes, I mean FUCKING MEAT!!!! Ribeye, chicken thighs, hamburger, eggs, milk etc. Don't have to eat super clean during the break in period, the cardio will melt fat anyway.

So the diet is this- 2 solid weeks of mega protein, keep carbs and fats moderate. Cut out all simple sugars. Piece of cake (sugar free cake).

Cardio- several options available. I prefer to hit cardio hard and intense right out of the gates. It is possible to gain muscle while losing fat- fact! In the morning I walk for about 45 minutes on an incline fasted. I do take ECA.

Post workout I do intervals. Usually takes 20 minutes with a 1/2 split. Meaning 1 minute of intense work, 2 minutes of cool down, back to intense work etc.

With my shitty ankle I experimented and found a winning combination- I have a treadmill right next to a stairmaster, and set the treadmill to 2.5mph and the treadmill to 8 and go back and forth. Works amazingly well! Low impact as well.

Supps- ECA, Fish oil (6-8 grams per day) and kre-alkalyn. I love the stuff, helps put on strength and feeling amazing right out of the gates.

SLEEP 8 HOURS PER NIGHT, MINIMUM 6 MAX 10.

I use the dry sauna every day (that I can). 15 minutes at around 160 degrees. Helps the body expel toxins. Side fact- most environmental toxins are fat soluble. WHICH MEANS (drumroll please) your fat is full of toxins!!!! The dry sauna helps immensely with cleansing your body of nasty toxins. Make sure you rinse off after, to get the heavy metals off of your skin...

DRINK WATER- 2 gallons is ideal, less isn't enough more probably doesn't help.

There you have it folks. Hit the routine diet and cardio for two weeks straight and tell me it doesn't get your ass on the fast track to a great summer bod.

After the two weeks drop protein and up the carbs a bit and add a training day to your split so you lift weights 4 days a week and try to hit your cardio every single day. The interval training should be limited to 4 days IMO.

Any questions shoot!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: Methyl Mike's "Get your ass in shape for summer" thread.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 06:32:14 PM »
thx
mods should sticky this

i need to drop about one to two pounds so this will help out
w

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 07:25:33 PM »
Post a pic Methyl Mike.  I think I recall you posting some pics before, but would like to see who is giving the advice.  Preferably a current picture.  No disrespect intended, but always like to see the person behind the keyboard before listening/following advice. 

Thanks!

Are you saying that TBombs, Dj181, fatpanda, Methyl Mike shouldn't be giving any training dieting advice at all?

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 07:28:12 PM »
NP on the pictures

though realize I am not in stellar shape after a long lay off.

I am also pale as a ghost. Do not really fit the mold of "jacked and tan" haha.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 07:30:13 PM »
Aren't you the alcoholic that wnated to turn IFBB pro naturally in 3 years?

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 07:31:26 PM »

A few months ago..He was super motivated and wanted to enter a natural bodybuilding contest...Now he claims he hasn't lifted in months.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 07:45:41 PM »
cliffs?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 07:50:13 PM »
i fell asleep

BalSagoth

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 12:56:20 AM »
Just getting back into it after a 2 month layoff. Partly laziness (in the beginning) then I sprained my ankle and couldn't walk for 3 weeks, still hurts. No wind sprints sadly.

Name of the game is this- you have been sitting on your ass, and are itching to get back in shape. If you are like me, you are impatient as fuck and want to get in shape AS FAST AS FUCKING POSSIBLE!!!

But we are doing this drug free, so what's the deal? What diet/training program is really ideal here?

I will tell you how I do it, and you can all modify as needed.

Firstly is the training. Diet is key, but you won't understand it without laying some foundation first.

When I come back after a layoff, I hit every muscle once the first split, and keep the intensity and volume very moderate. Mostly trying to feel the muscle fire, and re-tune the 'ol mind muscle connection. Weights are moderate as well.

You do *NOT* need to kill your muscles when you come back! It will just make you more sore than is needed. Also in bodybuilding you can never go backward to in my humble opinion it is much more logical to take advantage of the easy growth you experience coming back.

Day 1- Chest/Arms
Sets reps exercises go like this- chest is machine dips, 3 working sets around 12-20 reps, incline dumbell flyes 2 working sets 8-12 reps and one warm up, cable crossovers 3 working sets 10-20 reps. By working sets I mean not to failure! Just get a good burn going, and some overload. That's IT. You will get sore and you will grow trust me.

Arms are dumbell preacher curls and hammers for biceps, just straight bar pressdowns for triceps. Rep ranges for all is under 16, don't care aside from that. Get a burn going, do NOT GO TO FAILURE!

Day 2- Back/Shoulders

Simple- Pulldowns 2 to the front 2 to the back, 8-15 reps for both. Lighter weight than usual, just feeling the lats/rhomboids contract. Followed by dumbell pullovers with feet supported (meaning something on top of your feet to keep them down) only 2 working sets, high rep 8-15 and one warm up. Reverse grip barbell rows 3 working sets 8-15 reps.

Seated dumbell presses for delts supersetted with seated laterals. 3 working sets of 8-15 reps each. On the laterals, make sure you keep your reps higher than usual...

Traps are dumbell shrugs, be careful NOT TO BEND YOUR ARMS. Keep them straight! Decrease weight if needed. 2 working sets, 3 if needed, reps are under 12. Traps just need some tension and they will grow, no worries.

Day 3 legs

Extensions light weight moderate reps. 2-3 working sets keep reps moderate under 20 for sure. Front squats will finish it, reps are under 12 2-3 working sets.

Hammy's are for sure lying leg curls and some seated leg curls. You are on your own with sets and reps, you might only be able to get 1-2 sets of each because you are fatigued from the front squats. Do what you can, get a burn and move on.

Calves yadda yadda I walk on the treadmill and have huge calves, you are on your own sorry.

So KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) applies for the first week or two. You might do that breakin routine for 2 training cycles, up to you. I have 16 years in the gym (YIKES!) and get by fine with just one.

Diet- MEAT AND LOTS OF IT!!!!!!! Enjoy a HUGE spike in protein synthesis during the break in period. HUGE SPIKE. I eat 4-5 meals roughly 60-100 grams of protein in each meal. WAY MORE than I normally eat. Only for a 2 week period while breaking in, after that I go back to moderate protein.

When I say eat MEAT, I don't mean fucking protein shakes, I mean FUCKING MEAT!!!! Ribeye, chicken thighs, hamburger, eggs, milk etc. Don't have to eat super clean during the break in period, the cardio will melt fat anyway.

So the diet is this- 2 solid weeks of mega protein, keep carbs and fats moderate. Cut out all simple sugars. Piece of cake (sugar free cake).

Cardio- several options available. I prefer to hit cardio hard and intense right out of the gates. It is possible to gain muscle while losing fat- fact! In the morning I walk for about 45 minutes on an incline fasted. I do take ECA.

Post workout I do intervals. Usually takes 20 minutes with a 1/2 split. Meaning 1 minute of intense work, 2 minutes of cool down, back to intense work etc.

With my shitty ankle I experimented and found a winning combination- I have a treadmill right next to a stairmaster, and set the treadmill to 2.5mph and the treadmill to 8 and go back and forth. Works amazingly well! Low impact as well.

Supps- ECA, Fish oil (6-8 grams per day) and kre-alkalyn. I love the stuff, helps put on strength and feeling amazing right out of the gates.

SLEEP 8 HOURS PER NIGHT, MINIMUM 6 MAX 10.

I use the dry sauna every day (that I can). 15 minutes at around 160 degrees. Helps the body expel toxins. Side fact- most environmental toxins are fat soluble. WHICH MEANS (drumroll please) your fat is full of toxins!!!! The dry sauna helps immensely with cleansing your body of nasty toxins. Make sure you rinse off after, to get the heavy metals off of your skin...

There you have it folks. Hit the routine diet and cardio for two weeks straight and tell me it doesn't get your ass on the fast track to a great summer bod.

After the two weeks drop protein and up the carbs a bit and add a training day to your split so you lift weights 4 days a week and try to hit your cardio every single day. The interval training should be limited to 4 days IMO.

Any questions shoot!

Drop your calories to 1800 per day. Unless you drop your cals you will emphatically NOT get in shape.
Go to the gym twice per week for a full body workout, not lasting more than one hour per session.
Tabata sprints twice a week.

Easy.

I am the dragon

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 02:04:21 AM »
Drop your calories to 1800 per day. Unless you drop your cals you will emphatically NOT get in shape.
Go to the gym twice per week for a full body workout, not lasting more than one hour per session.
Tabata sprints twice a week.

Easy.

I do not count calories, never have...

BalSagoth

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 02:14:12 AM »
Then you've never [naturally] been in shape - unless you don't have much of an appetite and eat very little. Calories are everything for a natural - meaningless for someone on GH / tren / t3 / clen / ephedrine. 

You could prove me wrong and post a pic....
I am the dragon

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 04:32:51 AM »
In before Bay's Methyl Mike credit report.          'That's gonna be a problem...'     

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 05:27:11 AM »

shiit... thats almost 8 liters  ???

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 07:00:27 AM »

Exactly what I was going to say here LOL  ;D

Brutal  ::)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 07:03:30 AM »
Exactly what I was going to say here LOL  ;D

Brutal  ::)

I think "Methyl Mike" = Johnny Falcon (- paint thinner - meth) (+ steroids + alcohol).

Game Time

• Getbig III
  • Go out fatboy
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »
I am ready...to the beach bitches 8)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 12:25:02 PM »
Post a pic Methyl Mike.  I think I recall you posting some pics before, but would like to see who is giving the advice.  Preferably a current picture.  No disrespect intended, but always like to see the person behind the keyboard before listening/following advice. 

Thanks!

ever hear of dan duchaine? the guy looked like shit but was most intelligent guy to have come along in the past 40 years when it comes to anabolics. the guy was a GENIUS. sometimes what you look like doesnt go hand in hand with what you know.
b

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 12:28:23 PM »
I do!

I have 2000 a day from donuts, 2000 from pizza and 2000 or more from various crap

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 02:52:25 PM »
I`ve lost 13 pounds since the start of my diet on April 11th.

Got about 9 pounds more to go.............dieting is rough.  :(

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »
move more eat less!!! train those abs!

Game Time

• Getbig III
  • Go out fatboy
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 03:05:51 PM »
move more eat less!!! train those abs!
Umm, no. Training abs does not matter for aesthetic purposes

BalSagoth

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 03:16:10 PM »
Ummm, can you provide any scientific studies that conclusively prove this?

Thanks.
I am the dragon

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 03:17:25 PM »
I am ready...to the beach bitches 8)

your gyno's almost pretty.

Game Time

• Getbig III
  • Go out fatboy
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »
Ummm, can you provide any scientific studies that conclusively prove this?

Thanks.
I cannot, just life exp. Broscience at its finest

your gyno's almost pretty.
I've had it since puberty, it's minor tho. Just makes the nips look a lil bigger :D

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 04:07:36 PM »

wow.

the shit on here you read gets more and more stupid daily.
b