Re: Sheets
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 05:08:25 PM »
 :D
I

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 05:34:35 PM »
how do sheets stop bed bugs and mites  ???

The question should be, how do you wash a mattress? Bed bugs and/or mites don't do too well in the washing machine with laundry soap or in the drier with a lot of heat. If you have bed bugs, you have bed bugs. The best you can do is keep them out of your mattress. There are mattress covers that help do this. Or....you can sleep with the beg bugs and hope they don't find you too tasty.  ::)

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 05:49:31 PM »
sheets are a must. or you will get bed mites.
hit up target, and get some bleach friendly sheets.

100% cotton mandatory

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 05:50:31 PM »
Never change them too much work.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 06:19:03 PM »
Never change them too much work.

LOL I can just imagine how your bedroom smells.

My wife changes our sheets once every 1-2 weeks, it's amazing coming out of a hot shower, into fresh high thread count sheets, feels like silk on your body, she also febreezes the mattress  feels like heaven.

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 08:12:39 PM »
The question should be, how do you wash a mattress? Bed bugs and/or mites don't do too well in the washing machine with laundry soap or in the drier with a lot of heat. If you have bed bugs, you have bed bugs. The best you can do is keep them out of your mattress. There are mattress covers that help do this. Or....you can sleep with the beg bugs and hope they don't find you too tasty.  ::)

you use hot steam, it kills them, I can get a steamer at home depot for some money or a used one to kill the bugs.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 08:21:22 PM »

yes but, if you're gonna get bed bugs. then you're gonna get 'em, sheets or not.

every bed in the world has dust mites. but yeah, obviously hot washing sheets will keep those pesky things under control. and bed bugs are for dirty people

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 08:22:59 PM »
yes but, if you're gonna get bed bugs. then you're gonna get 'em, sheets or not.

every bed in the world has dust mites. but yeah, obviously hot washing sheets will keep those pesky things under control. and bed bugs are for dirty people

thats under a microscope so it doesn't count.  Dirt has to be big for it to be dirt.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 08:30:24 PM »
thats under a microscope so it doesn't count.  Dirt has to be big for it to be dirt.

No microscope, the camera is merely close to the bugs.

They are similar in size to ticks.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 08:31:53 PM »

no its not.

but people are sadly mistaken if they think sheets will stop theses blighters  ::)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2011, 08:38:12 PM »
no its not.

but people are sadly mistaken if they think sheets will stop theses blighters  ::)

Yep. Nothing can prevent anyone from getting bed bugs in their home, regardless of cleanliness. Shit, you can even bring them home from a simple trip to the grocery store. They're a bitch to get rid of too.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2011, 08:40:37 PM »

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2011, 08:43:02 PM »
bed bugs are only around some areas not all

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2011, 08:51:21 PM »
bed bugs are only around some areas not all

we're getting off track.

the point is.. getting into a comfy, clean and well made bed (with quality sheets) and having a great nights kip. is one of lives sweet pleasures.

but apart from aiding in a good nights sleep. sheets also help protect your mattress. it's a no brainer if you're forking out 3/400 quid for a mattress  ::)

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2011, 08:52:10 PM »
we're getting off track.

the point is.. getting into a comfy, clean and well made bed (with quality sheets) and having a great nights kip. is one of lives sweet pleasures.

but apart from aiding in a good nights sleep. sheets also help protect your mattress. it's a no brainer if you're forking out 3/400 quid for a mattress  ::)

how much does that convert into dollars?

Kulutues

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2011, 09:58:31 PM »
So I just got a new mattress, I don't know if I want sheets or not it is so comfortable just lying on the floor and no sheets at all.  Why do people get sheets?  Also when I looked at them they have 200 count thread sheets 250 count thread sheets and stuff?  Can't I just bunch up a lot of my winter clothes and make a semi sheet myself lay them all out ?

Yes.  You've figured out like a few of us others that sheets are really just a waste, a pointless invention to make money.  Good job winning.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2011, 10:38:59 PM »
no its not.

Diazanon will take care of them...but they banned it.