Author Topic: training back and shoulders together  (Read 2049 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
training back and shoulders together
« on: June 03, 2011, 03:45:13 PM »
Been doing the Max-OT training program with great results.  Recently been doing Standing BB shoulder presses (along with cleans and some other stuff not part of the Max-OT program... but similar schemes) and I've found that during the standing presses, I feel my back muscles activate as stabilizers.  I respond well to the compound lifts, so I immediately liked what I was feeling.  Once I finish the Max-OT program, I was thinking that I'd like to do shoulders with back, in this order:

Bent Barbell Rows
Cleans/hi Pulls
Standing BB Press
Wide grip weighted pulls ups
Side Laterals.

Obviously variations would work their way through, but does this seem like a good routine?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: training back and shoulders together
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 05:42:12 PM »
Looks fine to me.

I preferdoing delts with arms, or chest with back personally, but a lot of guys like back and delts.

Rows and cleans..........especial ly dead hang cleans, will thicken  your upper back and traps biggtime.

I`d throw deadlifts in there every 7-10 days or so,and take out the cleans on that particular day.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 06:06:05 PM »
Yeah I'd definitely mix up the cleans and deads maybe even swap the standing bb presses with standing db presses once in a while.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 06:19:29 PM »
^YUP ^