Author Topic: Obama vs. Obama on the Health Care Mandate - Which one do you believe?  (Read 4148 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Obama vs. Obama on the Health Care Mandate - Which one do you believe?
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 12:13:59 PM »
Its fucking reality, especially since they can't turn away pre-existing conditions.    why should anyone buy insurance until they get sick?

This whole scam and scheme is one of the most idiotic things I could ever imagine.  Legally, mathmatically, realistically, etc obamacare is one of the most inane and warped plans i have ever heard of.   

If I gave you $2 million dollars and told you to come up with a worse plan a month from now than obamacare - you could not possibly come up with anything as fiscally unsound and bogus as obamacare.           

translation = no source whatsoever for your claim of a 2k fine

come on man you must have gotten that from somewhere

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »

Just like I said the stim bill would be a disaster, UE would get worse, and every other policy of this disgraceful admn would fail, take it to the bank - obamacare is going to collapse under its own weight no different than Solyndra.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 12:18:17 PM »
Just like I said the stim bill would be a disaster, UE would get worse, and every other policy of this disgraceful admn would fail, take it to the bank - obamacare is going to collapse under its own weight no different than Solyndra.   

all I asked was for a simple source for your claim

let's see it

come on, you're not telling me you just made it up are you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 12:23:34 PM »
all I asked was for a simple source for your claim

let's see it

come on, you're not telling me you just made it up are you?

i don't need a source - its reality.   The same way I called the failure of the stim bill, TALF, UE, etc etc, this is no different.  

obamaCare is a ponzi scheme that will collapse under its own weight.   Believe in all the fairy dust you like, it will make you look that much worse when this thing is either struck down at the SC or repealed due to its unsustainable nature.  

James

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 12:24:13 PM »

http://www.politico.com/livepulse/0909/Ensign_receives_handwritten_confirmation_.html?showall

Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) received a handwritten note Thursday from Joint Committee on Taxation Chief of Staff Tom Barthold confirming the penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee for not buying health insurance.

Handwritten Note:
http://www.politico.com/static/PPM110_090925_document2.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2011, 12:28:39 PM »
http://www.politico.com/livepulse/0909/Ensign_receives_handwritten_confirmation_.html?showall

Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) received a handwritten note Thursday from Joint Committee on Taxation Chief of Staff Tom Barthold confirming the penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee for not buying health insurance.

Violators could be charged with a misdemeanor and could face up to a year in jail or a $25,000 penalty, Barthold wrote on JCT letterhead. He signed it "Sincerely, Thomas A. Barthold."

The note was a follow-up to Ensign's questioning at the markup.

Straw is like other gullible, foolish, and naive far left idiots  - they actually buy in to the crap spoon fed to them by other far left idiots.   People like straw are immune to the reality of the failures of the policies they advocate and always try to use the holdback of "we did not spend enough . .  . ."   "we did not go far enough . . . " when asked to explain the policy failures of the things they support.   

Its like Krugman, romer, Goolsbee, Krueger, et al tryingh to explain away their failures.   

These dirtbags speak only to themselves and have not an ounce of a clue how out of touch and out of reality they are.   Fod gods sake - their main guy is promoting space alien invasions as a way to economic success!!!!  Seriously!!!!   This is the level of nonsense these fools engage in and are left with nothing but petty insults to explain away the failure of their policies to generate positive results.     

Its like going to a gym and taking advice from the fattest guy you can find!   Who does that?   Well, economically that is what leftists do.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2011, 01:03:36 PM »

Handwritten Note:

how about we look at what is ACTUALLY in the legislation rather than a handwritten note given to a Senator during the mark up period

from Wiki with reference provided on their site to the legislation that was actually passed

Impose an annual penalty of $95, or up to 1% of income, whichever is greater, on individuals who do not secure insurance; this will rise to $695, or 2.5% of income, by 2016. This is an individual limit; families have a limit of $2,085.[11][65] Exemptions to the fine in cases of financial hardship or religious beliefs are permitted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act#cite_note-ksr_hlth-10

Frankly, I'd be fine with a one time waiver.  If you have the income to purchase insurance but don't want it you get to skip the penalty but you NEVER get back into the program.   That way you won't be able to avoid paying and then become a financial burden on the system later.  

After that you are free to purcahse private insurance but NONE of the provisions of the legislation would apply to you and of course you're still free to participate in an employers group plan if you so choose at a later date

I think that would protect the financial viablity of the program and allow idealogues to do what they prefer

As long as they can't be a financial burden on others (and what right winger would object to that) I'd have no problem waiving the penatly

James

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2011, 01:15:22 PM »
how about we look at what is ACTUALLY in the legislation rather than a handwritten note given to a Senator during the mark up period

from Wiki with reference provided on their site to the legislation that was actually passed

Impose an annual penalty of $95, or up to 1% of income, whichever is greater, on individuals who do not secure insurance; this will rise to $695, or 2.5% of income, by 2016. This is an individual limit; families have a limit of $2,085.[11][65] Exemptions to the fine in cases of financial hardship or religious beliefs are permitted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act#cite_note-ksr_hlth-10

Frankly, I'd be fine with a one time waiver.  If you have the income to purchase insurance but don't want it you get to skip the penalty but you NEVER get back into the program.   That way you won't be able to avoid paying and then become a financial burden on the system later.  

After that you are free to purcahse private insurance but NONE of the provisions of the legislation would apply to you and of course you're still free to participate in an employers group plan if you so choose at a later date

I think that would protect the financial viablity of the program and allow idealogues to do what they prefer

As long as they can't be a financial burden on others (and what right winger would object to that) I'd have no problem waiving the penatly

Straw Idiot,  please define what: "or 2.5% of income, by 2016." means?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »
Idiot,  please define what: "or 2.5% of income, by 2016." means  ?

why the name calling

do you see me calling you names

you can read what it means for yourself

James

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2011, 01:18:07 PM »
why the name calling

do you see me calling you names

you can read what it means for yourself

I want you to tel me what you think it means.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 01:19:19 PM »
I want you to tel me what you think it means.

why should I give a shit what you want

James

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2011, 01:30:47 PM »
Again - the fine is tiny compared to the cost of obamaCare mandates.   

Its the worst of all worlds than only someone who believes in Kenyanomics could possibly buy in to. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2011, 01:35:04 PM »

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Columns/2010/December/121410laszewski.aspx

There are many exceptions, including if the cost of health care exceeds 8% of your income

Either way, I have no problem with the fine

It has to be expensive enough to prevent people from avoiding insurance while they are healthy and then trying to get into the system when they are sick

how many people earning 90k a a year don't have insurance right now

IF they can't afford it now due to needing to be on a private plan that costs too much because of the current abusive practices then  the legislation is supposed to make affordable alterntives avaialble so they will not longer have that excuse

the only excuse after that point will be that they person chooses to live recklessly and expects the rest of us to subsidize their health care when they get sick or injured

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 01:36:07 PM »
THERE ARE NO AFFORDABLE ALTERNATIVES ASSHOLE!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 01:38:44 PM »
Again - the fine is tiny compared to the cost of obamaCare mandates.   

Its the worst of all worlds than only someone who believes in Kenyanomics could possibly buy in to. 

I'll bet the deductible and co-pays on your current private plan are much greater than the penalty

James

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2011, 01:39:20 PM »
There are many exceptions, including if the cost of health care exceeds 8% of your income

Either way, I have no problem with the fine

It has to be expensive enough to prevent people from avoiding insurance while they are healthy and then trying to get into the system when they are sick

how many people earning 90k a a year don't have insurance right now

IF they can't afford it now due to needing to be on a private plan that costs too much because of the current abusive practices then  the legislation is supposed to make affordable alterntives avaialble so they will not longer have that excuse

the only excuse after that point will be that they person chooses to live recklessly and expects the rest of us to subsidize their health care when they get sick or injured

LMAO !!

You asked for a source proving the 2k fine, and when I posted proof, you countered with a link that proved it is true as well..

Only on GetBig!!!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2011, 01:42:05 PM »
LMAO !!

You asked for a source proving the 2k fine, and when I posted proof, you countered with a link that proved it is true as well..

Only on GetBig!!!

Ah...Rule #10 - Be Creative with your Sources.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2011, 01:42:32 PM »
LMAO !!

Only on GetBig!!!

You mean - ONLY IN THE MIND OF A FAR LEFTIST OBAMABOT 

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2011, 01:45:06 PM »
It's a shitty bill filled with holes, crap, piss, waste, corruption, constitutional "problems" and nothingness.

There are better ways to go about this particular problem.

James

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2011, 01:46:05 PM »
You can always count on this place for a few good laughs!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2011, 01:53:14 PM »
You can always count on this place for a few good laughs!

Wurd.   :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2011, 02:01:15 PM »
LMAO !!

Only on GetBig!!!

yeah but it's not simply a 2k fine as was first written by 333 and it's not even up to that until 2016 at which time the legislation is supposed to have made available affordable alternatives so only an idiot would choose the option of the fine.   There are also many exceptions, such as if you don't make enough money to pay income tax (aren't we told this is half the country) or if your insurance would cost more than 8% of your income (I know people right now who pay more than 8% of their income for insurance)

those little details were left out

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2011, 02:02:06 PM »
yeah but it's not simply a 2k fine as was first written by 333 and it's not even up to that until 2016 at which time the legislation is supposed to have made available affordable alternatives so only an idiot would choose the option of the fine.   There are also many exceptions, such as if you don't make enough money to pay income tax (aren't we told this is half the country) or if your insurance would cost more than 8% of your income (I know people right now who pay more than 8% of their income for insurance)

those little details were left out

Sorry i thought you knew the details of the bill, guess I was wrong.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2011, 02:03:10 PM »
THERE ARE NO AFFORDABLE ALTERNATIVES ASSHOLE!  

that's the point of the legislation ASSHOLE

you will have affordable alternatives when it actually kicks in or at least that's the premise and promise of the legislation