Author Topic: Zinc Does Work For Testosterone.  (Read 15069 times)

suckmymuscle

Zinc Does Work For Testosterone.
« on: June 08, 2011, 05:16:26 AM »
  Remember those ZMA adds from the 1990s and early 2000s that promised 30% more free testosterone by taking this highly bioavailable form of Zinc? Well, it turns out that ZMA only raised testosterone levels in those who were very deficient in it and only raised it to normal levels.

But new research shows that Zinc does boost testosterone a lot: but you need to take enormous amounts of it. New research suggests that taking 3mg of Zinc per kilogram of bodyweight resulted in about 40% more free testosterone after a few weeks. Also, the form of Zinc was unimportant but you need to take it without Calcium.

There is a problem with this: this is an absurd amount of Zinc. A 90kg(200 lbs) man would need to take an absurd 270 mg of Zinc a day to experience this testosterone increase. This is almost 20 times the recommended daily intake for Zinc. This amount will certainly result in severe health problems especially if you take this amount for months or years. Zinc in these doses inhibits the absorption of Copper and Manganese, and puts enormous stress on the liver. In fact, you will probably experience less side effects from just injecting testosterone than using this approach. So, the search for safe and effective testosterone boosters continue...

The effect of exhaustion exercise on thyroid hormones and testosterone levels of elite athletes receiving oral zinc.

Kilic M, Baltaci AK, Gunay M, Gökbel H, Okudan N, Cicioglu I.
School of Physical Education and Sports, Selçuk University, Konya, Turkey. kmkilic@yahoo.com.tr

OBJECTIVES: The present study aims to investigate how exhaustion exercise affects thyroid hormones and testosterone levels in elite athletes who are supplemented with oral zinc sulfate for 4 weeks.

METHODS: The study included 10 male wrestlers, who had been licensed wrestlers for at least 6 years. Mean age of the wrestlers who volunteered in the study was 18.70 +/- 2.4 years. All subjects were supplemented with oral zinc sulfate (3 mg/kg/day) for 4 weeks in addition to their normal diet. Thyroid hormone and testosterone levels of all subjects were determined as resting and exhaustion before and after zinc supplementation.

RESULTS: Resting TT3, TT4, FT3, FT4 and TSH levels of subjects were higher than the parameters measured after exhaustion exercise before zinc supplementation (p<0.05). Both resting and exhaustion TT3, TT4 and FT3 values after 4-week zinc supplementation were found significantly higher than both of the parameters (resting and exhaustion) measured before zinc supplementation (p<0.05). Resting total testosterone and free testosterone levels before zinc supplementation were significantly higher than exhaustion levels before zinc supplementation (p<0.05). Both resting and exhaustion total and free testosterone levels following 4-week zinc supplementation were found significantly higher than the levels (both resting and exhaustion) measured before zinc supplementation (p<0.05).

CONCLUSION: Findings of our study demonstrate that exhaustion exercise led to a significant inhibition of both thyroid hormones and testosterone concentrations, but that 4-week zinc supplementation prevented this inhibition in wrestlers. In conclusion, physiological doses of zinc administration may benefit performance.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Zinc Does Work For Testosterone.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 05:18:51 AM »

There is a problem with this: this is an absurd amount of Zinc. A 90kg(200 lbs) man would need to take an absurd 270 mg of Zinc a day to experience this testosterone increase. This amount will certainly result in severe health problems especially if you take this amount for months or years. Zinc in these doses inhibits the absorption of Copper and Manganese, and puts enormous stress on the liver. In fact, you will probably experience less side effects from just injecting testosterone than using this approach. So, the search for safe and effective testosterone boosters continue...

This is all you have to read about this.

FullROM

• Getbig III
  • GetBig
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 06:54:40 AM »
What are the effects of taking low doses of "natural " test?

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 07:01:44 AM »
zinc is garbage ,,this is why i want franco to suffer for thie balonie he fed the cult with his book,, zinc is garbage! it will only do one single thing to you ,,

look to your left...yes yes down to your left where the heart is...now take your eyes and lay them on that nice nipple of you that is located on your left pec...you see that nipple? that nipple will become a nicely designed BITCH TIT from zinc,,

that mother fuckin lizard scambags who lied to my pupils for all those years have no shame,,they wont be around you when you go to the beach and afraid to take your shirt off because your left nipple is 3 times the size of the right and puffed up...

THATS WHAT ZINC WILL GIVE YOU

a tit!

gh15 approved

Never heard of the zinc giving anyone bitch tits...Perhaps using 1 gram a day..Who knows.?

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 07:02:15 AM »
zinc is garbage ,,this is why i want franco to suffer for thie balonie he fed the cult with his book,, zinc is garbage! it will only do one single thing to you ,,

look to your left...yes yes down to your left where the heart is...now take your eyes and lay them on that nice nipple of you that is located on your left pec...you see that nipple? that nipple will become a nicely designed BITCH TIT from zinc,,

that mother fuckin lizard scambags who lied to my pupils for all those years have no shame,,they wont be around you when you go to the beach and afraid to take your shirt off because your left nipple is 3 times the size of the right and puffed up...

a tit!

gh15 approved

Zinc an anti-aromitase and is usually used to help treat man-boobs in fat guys.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 07:27:07 AM »
Just flush it down the zink, man..

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 07:41:10 AM »
all testosterone boosters are bullshit

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 07:49:22 AM »

a tit!

gh15 approved

This dude should be banned.  Completely horseshit post, along with about 90% of his other ones. 

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 07:53:37 AM »
Dorian Yates has no Zinc in his supplement line...

GH15 is Yates!

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 08:04:15 AM »
Dorian Yates has no Zinc in his supplement line...

GH15 is Yates!

Right.   ::)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 08:21:47 AM »
This dude should be banned.  Completely horseshit post, along with about 90% of his other ones. 

Wow, I am agreeing with Coltrane. Who would've known?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 10:25:33 AM »
This is all you have to read about this.

Next year I'll try to pinne 250mg test enth every 18 days for the entire year. This guy I know tried it and told me that it is a great way to increase strength and muscle without experiencing the sides of a 16weeks cycle with the same substance. Not harmful to the liver and also doesn't shut down completely endo test... Who knows, probably it is true...
S

suckmymuscle

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 11:11:26 AM »
Next year I'll try to pinne 250mg test enth every 18 days for the entire year. This guy I know tried it and told me that it is a great way to increase strength and muscle without experiencing the sides of a 16weeks cycle with the same substance. Not harmful to the liver and also doesn't shut down completely endo test... Who knows, probably it is true...

With these doses, you are better off just using Androgel. Same dosage without having to deal with needles....

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 12:24:55 PM »
ZMA is crap lol. 

Seems like every few months a company tries to push it again and make it seem like magic.  But it does nothing for test, did nothing for me, and nothing for my clientelle and friends.  It's a bunch of balognie. 

ONLY thing it ever did, ONLY THING. 

My girlfriend will swallow my sperm, and whenever I continued to give ZMA another chance, she said it made my sperm taste bitter.
So if you like your woman swallowing your load, and if you'd like to not spend money on bunk products.  Stay away from ZMA.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 01:43:38 PM »
ZMA is crap lol.

Not talking about ZMA but about any Zinc taken in mega doses. In mega doses, it does work for testosterone. Bad reading comprehension is a bitch. Do you people even bother reading the whole thing before posting a reply?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 01:46:31 PM »
I think there is benefit to taking extra zinc.  Studies have shown deficiencies in zinc and mag for trainees.  You may not really feel a difference, but it is good to take.

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 01:48:36 PM »
There's better things to spend your money on, and like I said, your woman will be happier

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 01:51:14 PM »

Not talking about ZMA but about any Zinc taken in mega doses. In mega doses, it does work for testosterone. Bad reading comprehension is a bitch. Do you people even bother reading the whole thing before posting a reply?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Shut up, stupid.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 01:52:18 PM »
  An increase in 40% in free testosterone is a lot. Too bad the doses of Zinc required to elicit this increase(20 times the recommended daily dosage) will probably give you worse side effects than injecting testosterone.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 01:54:09 PM »
 An increase in 40% in free testosterone is a lot. Too bad the doses of Zinc required to elicit this increase(20 times the recommended daily dosage) will probably give you worse side effects than injecting testosterone.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Then what was your point with this thread?  This thread should have been named  "Another reason why testosterone therapy is greater that other remedies"

suckmymuscle

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 02:20:26 PM »
Then what was your point with this thread?  This thread should have been named  "Another reason why testosterone therapy is greater that other remedies"

Just telling an interesting fact. People claim that Zinc does not boost testosterone because ZMA was a failure, and I am pointing out that Zinc does increase testosterone but only if you take lots of it. Whether it is worth it or not is a value-judgement that everyone should make for oneself.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »
all testosterone boosters are bullshit

Correct...99.9% of all supplements are bullshit !!

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 04:22:15 PM »
Correct...99.9% of all supplements are bullshit !!

x2

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »
D-aspartic acid increases free test by 30% with a normal dosage and its got documentation

suckmymuscle

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 06:38:40 PM »
D-aspartic acid increases free test by 30% with a normal dosage and its got documentation

Aspartic acid is a neurotoxin. More especifically, an excitotoxin. The brain itself is probably protected by the blood-brain barrier, but it has the potential to damage/kill neurons of the retina, spinal cord and areas of the brain not protected by the blood brain barrier like the hypothalamus. I hardly consider it safe.

SUCKMYMUSCLE