Author Topic: Obama War No. 4?  (Read 2085 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama War No. 4?
« on: June 08, 2011, 07:13:08 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

U.S. Is Intensifying a Secret Campaign of Yemen Airstrikes
nytimes.com ^ | June 8, 2011 | Mark Mazzetti
Posted on June 8, 2011 9:45:34 PM EDT by Free ThinkerNY

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has intensified the American covert war in Yemen, exploiting a growing power vacuum in the country to strike at militant suspects with armed drones and fighter jets, according to American officials.

The acceleration of the American campaign in recent weeks comes amid a violent conflict in Yemen that has left the government in Sana, a United States ally, struggling to cling to power. Yemeni troops that had been battling militants linked to Al Qaeda in the south have been pulled back to the capital, and American officials see the strikes as one of the few options to keep the militants from consolidating power.

On Friday, American jets killed Abu Ali al-Harithi, a midlevel Qaeda operative, and several other militant suspects in a strike in southern Yemen. According to witnesses, four civilians were also killed in the airstrike. Weeks earlier, drone aircraft fired missiles aimed at Anwar al-Awlaki, the radical American-born cleric who the United States government has tried to kill for more than a year. Mr. Awlaki survived.

The recent operations come after a nearly year-long pause in American airstrikes, which were halted amid concerns that poor intelligence had led to bungled missions and civilian deaths that were undercutting the goals of the secret campaign.

(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama War No. 4?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 08:48:22 PM »
33, get on the record now, please.

Do you support the USA bombing the shit out of bad guys in Yemen?  yes or no?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 08:49:11 PM »
No unless the congress oks it. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 09:03:43 PM »
lol you are AGAINST us bombing sites in Yemen.

UNLESS a repub house, a dem senate, and a dem white house, approve it?

LOL!  You don't support it - unless the govt - a bunch of bribed idiots (2/3 of which are lib POS) - tell you it's okay?

LOL!  You are doing nothing more than laying the groundwork to bitch about Obama bombing bad guys.  That's it.  You are against it - unless the repubs back it! LOL~

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 02:47:07 AM »
What part of the us const don't you get moron? 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 04:19:06 AM »
What part of the us const don't you get moron? 

Don't worry, man. He's a libertarian and likes to vote conservative....or something like that.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 04:22:02 AM »
I mean where and when does the shilling for this admn stop? 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 04:24:08 AM »
I mean where and when does the shilling for this admn stop?  

In 240's and other liberal cases, never. They'll be the ones shell-shocked and staring in disbelief when they wake up the day after the election and realize his ass got bounced. Asking, "How? He did everything right. America was so much better off."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 04:28:54 AM »
Its laughable at this point the lengths these jokers will go to defend anything and everything he does, even in the face overwhelming evidence. 

Still blaming bush, still blaming storms and bad weather, still blaming palin, etc etc. 

Its like a cult. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 08:11:15 AM »
lol you are AGAINST us bombing sites in Yemen.

UNLESS a repub house, a dem senate, and a dem white house, approve it?

LOL!  You don't support it - unless the govt - a bunch of bribed idiots (2/3 of which are lib POS) - tell you it's okay?

LOL!  You are doing nothing more than laying the groundwork to bitch about Obama bombing bad guys.  That's it.  You are against it - unless the repubs back it! LOL~

What drugs are you on? Really, you think the POTUS should just be able to call for military action where ever and when ever he feels like it? Your about as libertarian as Josef Stalin ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 08:13:18 AM »
What drugs are you on? Really, you think the POTUS should just be able to call for military action where ever and when ever he feels like it? Your about as libertarian as Josef Stalin ::)

240 thought in 2009 a liberal agenda was needed to save the mddle class yet at the same time claims to have voted for bob barr.   ::)  ::)

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 08:15:32 AM »
240 thought in 2009 a liberal agenda was needed to save the mddle class yet at the same time claims to have voted for bob barr.   ::)  ::)

120 is obviously mental deficient, when has the liberal agenda ever helped the middle class? If it were up to the libs there would be no middle class. Only the ruling class and the equally poor.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 08:26:03 AM »
Obama Steps Up Secret US War in Yemen
The New American ^ | June 9th | Alex Newman

The Obama administration is intensifying its illegal secret war in Yemen as armed rebellions against the U.S.-government-backed dictatorship of Ali Abdullah Saleh (left) threaten to overthrow the regime. But while the mainstream press has been cheering on the unlawful military campaign, experts warned that it could easily backfire. Witnesses said multiple civilians were killed in an American air strike late last week supposedly targeting suspected militants — an unavoidable consequence of jet fighter and drone attacks that will almost certainly stir up more anti-U.S. sentiment. And the secret bombing campaign has actually been stepped up in recent weeks on orders from the White House, according to military officials cited in various news reports.

What lawful or constitutional authority Obama believes he possesses to wage secret wars is unclear. Congress has not even authorized the strikes, let alone declared war. But officials claimed the purpose of the attacks was to kill militants, some of whom the government alleges could be linked to al Qaeda.

U.S. forces have also been unsuccessfully firing missiles in recent weeks supposedly aimed at an American citizen believed to be hiding in Yemen — a cleric named Anwar al-Awlaki. Despite the fact that al-Awlaki was meeting with top U.S. military officials immediately following the September 11 attacks, Obama purported to authorize the U.S.-born Imam’s extrajudicial assassination after the cleric became a suspected supporter of terrorism.

(Excerpt) Read more at thenewamerican.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 09:02:23 AM »
wow, your opinion on war is "I'm okay with it, if congress tells me what to think".

Do you always base your own decision making upon what congress thinks?  You must have been quite the lib from 206 til 2010, right?

Ohhhh, you thought for yourself on issues during that time.  Today, you don't want to admit if you support bombing Yemen, cause you're waiting for war machine spenders like mccain and graham to tell you what to think.  Gotcha!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 09:06:24 AM »
wow, your opinion on war is "I'm okay with it, if congress tells me what to think".

Do you always base your own decision making upon what congress thinks?  You must have been quite the lib from 206 til 2010, right?

Ohhhh, you thought for yourself on issues during that time.  Today, you don't want to admit if you support bombing Yemen, cause you're waiting for war machine spenders like mccain and graham to tell you what to think.  Gotcha!

What part of the US const don't you grasp? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 09:07:24 AM »
you, 33, personally - do you think we should bomb bad guys in yemen or any other other place?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 09:12:20 AM »
you, 33, personally - do you think we should bomb bad guys in yemen or any other other place?

I think if we are going to wage war, it should be declared by the congress pursuant o the US Const. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 09:14:03 AM »
soooooo if a liberal 2009 congress decided to wage 12 wars, you'd support all 12 wars?  LOL!

LOL... you have egg on your face from standing with mccain/kerry on the "I support Libyan NFZ" position (which obama adopted), and now you're against that war.

You know it will probably happen again here, and you refuse to say if you support military action in Yemen until the repub congress tells you what to think :)

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 09:17:31 AM »
soooooo if a liberal 2009 congress decided to wage 12 wars, you'd support all 12 wars?  LOL!

LOL... you have egg on your face from standing with mccain/kerry on the "I support Libyan NFZ" position (which obama adopted), and now you're against that war.

You know it will probably happen again here, and you refuse to say if you support military action in Yemen until the repub congress tells you what to think :)

Look ass hat their is reason why there are checks and balances in our government. You can try to play the politics game all you fucking want, but at the end of the day the law is the fucking law and even the POTUS has to abide.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 09:24:16 AM »

Your kneepadding and dick sucking of obama is getting worse.   Seek help.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 09:34:09 AM »
Your kneepadding and dick sucking of obama is getting worse.   Seek help.   

attack the messenger and not my message.  check!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 09:38:04 AM »
attack the messenger and not my message.  check!

You don't have a message.   You have a set of kneepads that never quits. 

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 09:43:11 AM »
So all the libs want to arrest Rove, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld for war crimes yet Obama is 10x more a loose cannon with our military and no one says sh*t.  They hypocrisy of the left continues to amaze me.  Not that I like Bush/Rumsfeld/Cheney either, but my god, Obama is in five undeclared wars right now.  At least Bush only had two. 

1.  Iraq
2.  Afghanistan
3.  Pakistan
4.  Yemen
5.  Libya
Live free or die

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 09:45:15 AM »
So all the libs want to arrest Rove, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld for war crimes yet Obama is 10x more a loose cannon with our military and no one says sh*t.  They hypocrisy of the left continues to amaze me.  Not that I like Bush/Rumsfeld/Cheney either, but my god, Obama is in five undeclared wars right now.  At least Bush only had two. 

1.  Iraq
2.  Afghanistan
3.  Pakistan
4.  Yemen
5.  Libya

They could care less.  obama looked cool scarfing down two chili dogs the other day so 240 is happy.   

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 09:47:55 AM »
It's almost sad how predictable you pansies are.  You've picked your side...your team, if you will, and you'll stick with it regardless of what happens or what they do.  
w