Author Topic: Keto diet  (Read 14653 times)

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
Re: Keto diet
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2011, 02:07:55 AM »
^

you may be in the minority.  There have been way too many people that keto has worked effectively.  I agree for the long run a more balanced diet is best overall but nothing gets you lean like a month or 2 of straight keto.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2011, 12:54:27 PM »
^

you may be in the minority.  There have been way too many people that keto has worked effectively.  I agree for the long run a more balanced diet is best overall but nothing gets you lean like a month or 2 of straight keto.

Some people are extremely sensitive to blood glucose swings. They get light-headed a few hours after eating even very low glycemic carbs and even the slightest elevation in blood glucose completely hampers fat loss for them and they also experience mood swings, etc. For these people, I believe that an improved version of the keto diet might be ideal. The same is probably true for the diabetics.

Personally, I don't have this problem. My pancreas work very well and my insulin receptors are very sensitive. If I eat large amounts of ice cream or other foods containing a lot of high glycemic carbs, I do get a sugar crash a few hours latter and do feel light-headed and drowsy, but the amount has to be enormous and I never get truly hypoglycemic. For me, it is much better to get most of my energy from low-glycemic carbs than fat or protein. My health is better overral than when I get my energy from fat. I feel no sugar high/low and most of my health markers are better on a medium carbs, medium protein, low fat diet. My body is more alkaline, I have much lower levels of uric acid and ammonia on my urine, lower levels of liver enzymes and a better HDL/LDL profile. My blood glucose level is better on the keto diet, but not a lot better. To make a long story short, on the keto diet one of my health markers improves slightly and all others get much worse. The cost/benefit clearly favors the higher carb, low fat diet to me.

For diabetics and other people with insulin sensitivity, an improved version of the keto diet is best. If you get hypoglycemic after eating even very low GI carbs, like cream of rye, then carbs are not for you. You will be better on a zero carb diet. However, don't do the old Atkins version of the keto diet. Instead of getting your energy from saturated fats, get it from nuts, olive oil or healthy saturated fats like those contained on coconut meat. Eat very lean meats for protein. The most important thing for those who do the keto diet is to eat vegetables since this diet puts your body in an acidic state. Carbs also put your body in an acidic state, but not as much as fats and proteins. So if you get your nergy mostly from fatand protein, you will need to eat lots of vegetalbes to alkalinize your body.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2011, 03:21:01 PM »
 Some people are extremely sensitive to blood glucose swings. They get light-headed a few hours after eating even very low glycemic carbs and even the slightest elevation in blood glucose completely hampers fat loss for them and they also experience mood swings, etc. For these people, I believe that an improved version of the keto diet might be ideal. The same is probably true for the diabetics.

Personally, I don't have this problem. My pancreas work very well and my insulin receptors are very sensitive. If I eat large amounts of ice cream or other foods containing a lot of high glycemic carbs, I do get a sugar crash a few hours latter and do feel light-headed and drowsy, but the amount has to be enormous and I never get truly hypoglycemic. For me, it is much better to get most of my energy from low-glycemic carbs than fat or protein. My health is better overral than when I get my energy from fat. I feel no sugar high/low and most of my health markers are better on a medium carbs, medium protein, low fat diet. My body is more alkaline, I have much lower levels of uric acid and ammonia on my urine, lower levels of liver enzymes and a better HDL/LDL profile. My blood glucose level is better on the keto diet, but not a lot better. To make a long story short, on the keto diet one of my health markers improves slightly and all others get much worse. The cost/benefit clearly favors the higher carb, low fat diet to me.

For diabetics and other people with insulin sensitivity, an improved version of the keto diet is best. If you get hypoglycemic after eating even very low GI carbs, like cream of rye, then carbs are not for you. You will be better on a zero carb diet. However, don't do the old Atkins version of the keto diet. Instead of getting your energy from saturated fats, get it from nuts, olive oil or healthy saturated fats like those contained on coconut meat. Eat very lean meats for protein. The most important thing for those who do the keto diet is to eat vegetables since this diet puts your body in an acidic state. Carbs also put your body in an acidic state, but not as much as fats and proteins. So if you get your nergy mostly from fatand protein, you will need to eat lots of vegetalbes to alkalinize your body.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

impossible. Carbs are not healthy and fruit is the exception. From a pure health perspective, a keto diet rich in protein healthy fats,  fruits and vegetables is optimal.
l

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2011, 03:27:11 PM »

impossible. Carbs are not healthy and fruit is the exception. From a pure health perspective, a keto diet rich in protein healthy fats,  fruits and vegetables is optimal.

I stopped reading here

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2011, 03:45:16 PM »
I stopped reading here

let me reword that buddy boy. Carbs are not healthy. PERIOD. Brown rice, oatmal, bread, etc has no benefit on the health of the human organism. Fruits are healthy foods though despite being rich in carbs and fructose of course. The healthiest diet known to man is eggs,fruit,vegetables,fish,wild meat, and water. Dairy is good or bad depending on who you listen to although not natural. I eat it for the calcium
l

suckmymuscle

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2011, 06:37:18 PM »
let me reword that buddy boy. Carbs are not healthy. PERIOD. Brown rice, oatmal, bread, etc has no benefit on the health of the human organism.

And lard and bacon have? The relation between saturated fatty acid consumption and high plasma LDL cholesterol is one of the most consistent in the scientific literature. The exceptions are lauric and stearic acids from coconut meat. Eggs too since they contain lecithin which emulsifies fat and also polynsaturated fats that boost HDL, so they are not very detrimental to blood lipid profile despite their high saturated fats content. Bacon, butter, lard, on the other hand, are pure garbage for health. Their only use is as an efficient source of energy - so is diesel and I wouldn't recommend eating it.

Impossible

Then why are all my health markers better on the medium carb, low fat diet than on the keto diet? Better LDL/HDL profile, less acidosis, more alkaline urine, lower liver enzymes, etc?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2011, 12:26:14 PM »
  And lard and bacon have? The relation between saturated fatty acid consumption and high plasma LDL cholesterol is one of the most consistent in the scientific literature. The exceptions are lauric and stearic acids from coconut meat. Eggs too since they contain lecithin which emulsifies fat and also polynsaturated fats that boost HDL, so they are not very detrimental to blood lipid profile despite their high saturated fats content. Bacon, butter, lard, on the other hand, are pure garbage for health. Their only use is as an efficient source of energy - so is diesel and I wouldn't recommend eating it.

Then why are all my health markers better on the medium carb, low fat diet than on the keto diet? Better LDL/HDL profile, less acidosis, more alkaline urine, lower liver enzymes, etc?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

your right those foods are not healthy either. Notice I said lean protein source (grass fed beef, scallops, flounder,shrimp, turkey,etc) Salmon and fatty fish are great too.
l