Author Topic: Weight loss question  (Read 866 times)

j2281

• Getbig I
Weight loss question
« on: June 14, 2011, 09:13:21 AM »
Ultimate long term goal is to not only get rid of the excess body fat but also add on lean muscle over time, but right now my main concern is getting rid of the fat quickly... Now my first year of college I was 165 at 5'11 ... Now I am 231 5 years later with not much if any muscle gain... I no pretty gross... I wanna drop roughly 40 lbs in 12 weeks (84 days)... I would say I have around 30-33 percent body fat percentage ..is this realistic in 12 weeks if I work hard... It would drop me down to about 189 ... so can I lose 3.5 lbs per week? I know ideally u wanna lose like 1.5 a week but is this doable ... Basically I'll be eating about 5-6 small meals/ snacks per day and creating a calorie deficit ... And will be doing mostly hiit type running / training and full body circuit style weight lifting , and will mix in some cardio like b ball pick up games and swimming etc...

Cliffs: want to lose 40 lbs in 12 weeks about 3.5 lbs per week , about 65 lbs overweight is this a realistic goal if I work hard and eat right and if not what is ... Thanks and any suggestions

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Weight loss question
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 10:43:15 AM »
Yes, it is very doable.

My suggestion would be doing a little research on nutrition if you haven't already. What you eat is as important as the calories you eat. But yes, with a caloric deficit, HIIT and circuit training, 40 lbs in 3 months is attainable. I averaged 10 lbs a month when I lost 50 lbs about 8 yrs ago. I did the HIIT and Atkins. Now if I were to do it I would modify Atkins to be more Southbeach. Essentially low glycemic diet with plenty of good fats, proteins and carbs.