Author Topic: Spice it up! Backwards training.  (Read 1275 times)

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
Spice it up! Backwards training.
« on: June 16, 2011, 09:27:39 AM »
 Hey guys,
      I tried this training technique last week, and was really sore in different places, and even had to improvise some of my normal routine halfway through it. For example;

Normally my back day goes like this: Pullups/pulldowns superset
                                                       Barbell rows
                                                       One arm db rows
                                                       Hammer strength machine rows
                                                       Deadlifts
                                                       Hyperextensions

Well I decided to switch things up, I was gonna do every routine in my week backwards. First off, when I got to BB rows, I couldn't do them because of the deadlifts and hyperextensions, so I layed down on an incline bench backwards, and did db rows that way. Man the next day, my lower traps, you know inside the middle of the back, was so pumped and sore. I haven't felt it sore like that in a long time. And I really got my lower back. Got good results for the rest of the week as well..Has anyone else tried something like this?
CEA999

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Spice it up! Backwards training.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 06:13:17 PM »
I always do something different at each session.

Your body adapted to your routine,when you switched things up,it responded like crazy.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 02:42:16 AM »
I don't think I ever have two back workouts the same in a row.

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 09:22:32 AM »
From what I learned when I started weight lifting... you should do the same routine for a muscle group for a span of 3-6 weeks, then switch it up, all the while trying to increase weight. This will give your muscles enough time to adapt, and when they do, you switch it up to confuse them and adapt differently next go 'round. Is this correct, or is it better to do something different each time?
CEA999

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 01:09:06 PM »
From what I learned when I started weight lifting... you should do the same routine for a muscle group for a span of 3-6 weeks, then switch it up, all the while trying to increase weight. This will give your muscles enough time to adapt, and when they do, you switch it up to confuse them and adapt differently next go 'round. Is this correct, or is it better to do something different each time?
i think this is the best way. switching too often doesnt make sense IMO. but it works for soem guys.

lesaucer

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 01:12:55 PM »
''confuse muscles'' bhahahaha lololol.. so your body get all pumped up crazy growing because you confused the shit out of him by starting with tricep pushdown instead of close grip bench press? lmao

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 07:00:15 PM »
Muscle Confusion is a term used by some meaning to change exercises continuously......but in reality,you cannot truly confuse the body....it is a complex machine.

What you really are doing is trying to prevent adaptation.

For Carmello........3-6 weeks on a routine   ???

What if it is not producing results,do you still waste time sticking to it for that prescribed time period?

I hope not .

If your body could talk it would say,here comes Carmello and he`s gonna` do the same old shit that he always does which is no challenge to the muscles because we have adapted.

I used to be the same way........got that way from reading too many magazines.

Now I always vary my routines in one way or another,or completely,just to avoid adaptation and to keep it interesting by using a wide variety of exercises.

Nothing worse than boring workouts to make you ask yourself is it worth all the time and effort and for what!!