Author Topic: Max OT  (Read 2760 times)

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
Max OT
« on: June 16, 2011, 09:31:17 AM »
As of now I am reading about MAX OT routine and intend to imply in my next training season .How many of you have used Max OT?it claims to be the best training methord in terms of strength and hypertrophy.
I would like to add some common points

*Each Body part should be trained separately.
*A Session cant exceed for more than 40 mins.
*Rest/pause for 2-3 mins between each set.
*3 working sets for each body part.
*1 week break after training for 8-10 weeks.
*5-6 training days.

I have just listed some common points as mentioned but I would like to see how many of you have used or deviced your own routine using a similar pattern. :)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Re: Max OT
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 01:20:51 PM »
As of now I am reading about MAX OT routine and intend to imply in my next training season .How many of you have used Max OT?it claims to be the best training methord in terms of strength and hypertrophy.
I would like to add some common points

*Each Body part should be trained separately.
*A Session cant exceed for more than 40 mins.
*Rest/pause for 2-3 mins between each set.
*3 working sets for each body part.
*1 week break after training for 8-10 weeks.
*5-6 training days.

I have just listed some common points as mentioned but I would like to see how many of you have used or deviced your own routine using a similar pattern. :)

I've been doing it to great results.  Packed on about 8 lbs in 11 weeks, and strength has really increased.  Lifting heavy definetely hard on the shoulders, so be sure to do a lot of stretching, rotator cuff exercises, and a good warmup. 

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 12:31:20 PM »
I've been doing it to great results.  Packed on about 8 lbs in 11 weeks, and strength has really increased.  Lifting heavy definetely hard on the shoulders, so be sure to do a lot of stretching, rotator cuff exercises, and a good warmup. 
can you outline your routine?

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 12:21:58 AM »
Figured I would share some of my expirience with Max-OT.
I tried it for about 6 months. First 10 weeks were awesome, I was getting stronger, muscles measured bigger in circumference, and I even leaned out a little despite doing zero cardio.
Took the recommended 1 week off. Came back and this time the strength gains were a lot slower, right around week 5 they stopped all together. I kept blasting through the workouts. At the end of about 8 weeks I was feeling drained and my joints were beginning to hurt so I decided to take a week off. Started another training cycle after the week off, started noticing that all of a sudden I was beginning to catch colds fairly easily ( normally catch a cold about twice a year ). Then finally one of the chest workouts I was doing the 110lb db's on the incline bench and after the fourth rep felt a pain in my shoulder. Now up to that point I have never had a single shoulder injury, so this was a big concern for me. The shoulder didn't hurt so bad but I couldn't even do a 30lb hammer curl (normally used 55's and 60's) let alone do any pressing. Stayed off all upper body work for about a week and the shoulder felt good again.

My issues with Max-OT:
Overall a good program that takes into consideration points of intensity, volume, and recovery.
The 4-6 rep range on pretty much all movements is a huge mistake though. The 4-6 range on tricep extention movements is absolutely brutal on the elbows, as well as your shoulders when it comes to movements like dips, and db chest presses. Also while it works well for squats and deadlifts, it absolutely sucks for movements like hack squats and leg presses.

Now keep in mind that I was following the program to the "T" as it was layed out in the Max-OT pdf file. I noticed that a lot of people that were doing Max-OT for extended periods of time would modify it outside the key rules that are layed out in the beginning of the program.

The main reason I am posting this is if you guys begin to run into some of the issues that I have ran into, treat it as a warning sign and don't try to blast through it.

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 12:26:38 PM »
Thanks for the info I too have been reading the Pdf file but I would like to ask weather one can add smaller bodypart with a bigger bodypart i.e Chest /Tri
Back/traps/biceps
or a separate deltoid day with abs?

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 06:58:19 PM »
You can do that, in the pdf manual they even give an example of a pull, push, lower split.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »
can you outline your routine?

whatever has been in the pdf...i've been doing that, EXCEPT for the chest/shoulder/tricep stff (and calf and forearm stuff...gotta go higher rep with those to feel anything ).  I have to work my way up in weight, and really warm my elbows up, or else the heavy weight destroys em.  It has really taught me to redefine what lifting heavy means.  it has improved everything.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 07:35:59 AM »
It's a good program but it can lead to overtraining quickly IMO.

I like to train in the 8-12 rep range for a few weeks and then hit up a modified version of Max-OT for a few weeks, repeat.

I prefer to only lift weights 4 days a week max, the program can also lead to injuries if you don't follow the assimilation sets properly.

Overall i think it's a good program, but needs some refinement.

8)

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 01:56:27 PM »
It's a good program but it can lead to overtraining quickly IMO.

I like to train in the 8-12 rep range for a few weeks and then hit up a modified version of Max-OT for a few weeks, repeat.

I prefer to only lift weights 4 days a week max, the program can also lead to injuries if you don't follow the assimilation sets properly.

Overall i think it's a good program, but needs some refinement.

8)
can you elaborate on what improvements that need to be made?Thanks

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 01:33:28 AM »

i did the max ot a while ago with higher 8-10 reps,yes with quite good results...
T