Author Topic: guy on ironageus claims to have.....  (Read 38105 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: guy on ironageus claims to have.....
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »
mr bill pearl is a class act....right up there with boyer coe and reg park and lee haney.

it is common knowledge that pearl used nilevar.
yep...a great Legend who makes time to talk to you

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2014, 07:14:51 PM »
yep...a great Legend who makes time to talk to you

That's real class!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 11:03:55 AM »
he along with dave draper usually autograph their books for free if you order one off them.
F

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2016, 07:59:09 PM »
How is that book funk?  Always wanted it. Now it's in print on Amazon again

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2016, 07:12:43 AM »
How is that book funk?  Always wanted it. Now it's in print on Amazon again
i think it's worth it illustrates every exercise known to man at the time.perfect reference book plus other facets of bodybuilding...
F

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2016, 07:53:21 PM »
Cool thx. I am going to finally order it

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2016, 06:58:13 AM »
Cool thx. I am going to finally order it
you won't be sorry good reference book for any gym..
F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2016, 01:03:33 PM »
a guy on ironage.us claims to have a tape recording of bill pearl admitting to 6 consecutive years of steroid use. shocking.....

Interesting....I don't know what difference it makes that Pearl took ABS though, or why anyone would be shocked at this. At least in California in the 60's lots of bodybuilders used steroids. Why wouldn't they? Steroids were legal back then with a doctor's prescription.

My doctor prescribed D-Bol in addition to giving me a test shot once a week. I think I added about 40 lbs. while on D-Bol the first time. I took it again several years later adding another 40 lbs. or so, bring me up to a whopping 225 lbs. which was my all time top weight. Today, I'm around 175 lbs. which is intentional.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2016, 07:33:33 AM »
Interesting....I don't know what difference it makes that Pearl took ABS though, or why anyone would be shocked at this. At least in California in the 60's lots of bodybuilders used steroids. Why wouldn't they? Steroids were legal back then with a doctor's prescription.

My doctor prescribed D-Bol in addition to giving me a test shot once a week. I think I added about 40 lbs. while on D-Bol the first time. I took it again several years later adding another 40 lbs. or so, bring me up to a whopping 225 lbs. which was my all time top weight. Today, I'm around 175 lbs. which is intentional.
you just have to consider the times back than no one came out about the little blue pills... and when they did it was usually i tried them but they did nothing so i don't use them anymore..most doctors said they didn't work and just gave a placebo effect...at least grimek said that they don't work unless you accompany them with training...
F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2016, 02:58:57 PM »
you just have to consider the times back than no one came out about the little blue pills... and when they did it was usually i tried them but they did nothing so i don't use them anymore..most doctors said they didn't work and just gave a placebo effect...at least grimek said that they don't work unless you accompany them with training...

I lived in those times. My doctor prescribed Dianabol to me for weight and muscular gain. They worked really well, except I got a bit fat looking (probably water weight). Whenever I stopped taking them I'd lose much of what I'd gained. Grimek was right and I should have paid attention to what he said when I was on them, but I was still just a kid.