Author Topic: Instead of Proving that there is no God...  (Read 1452 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Instead of Proving that there is no God...
« on: June 18, 2011, 09:01:44 PM »
What about proving that there is no Devil? Think about it, to prove that there is no God, almost seems like they working for the other team, so to speak...

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
Re: Instead of Proving that there is no God...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 09:09:29 PM »
I think it is a given that if they don't believe in God then they don't believe in the devil.  Besides there isn't that many people pushing the Devil down your throat like Jesus Freaks are pushing God.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 05:10:23 PM »
I think it is a given that if they don't believe in God then they don't believe in the devil.  Besides there isn't that many people pushing the Devil down your throat like Jesus Freaks are pushing God.
No, it's not really a given, I had watched the movie The Rite, and there was a quote, something about, "Just because you believe God doesn't exist, doesn't mean the devil doesn't", or something like that..

And the pushing forth of violence, sin, etc, is the same as the "Jesus Freaks", both sides pushing their agenda...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 01:18:44 AM »
No, it's not really a given, I had watched the movie The Rite, and there was a quote, something about, "Just because you believe God doesn't exist, doesn't mean the devil doesn't", or something like that..

And the pushing forth of violence, sin, etc, is the same as the "Jesus Freaks", both sides pushing their agenda...
yea, but you're saying that if someone doesn't believe in God they're working for the devil or maybe even believe in the devil?  I think a lot of people just don't believe god or the devil are real.  Maybe people are just capable of doing wrong without some supernatural explanation.

This seems a bit like another one of those, "what if you're wrong" angles.  Wrong about there being no god equals burn in hell.  Just another angle of it; wrong about god equals working for the devil equals burning in hell lol...

I go through life trying to be as good as I can and like anyone, even christians, I mess up once in a while, nothing major.  If there's a god and he wants to fry my ass for that, he's an evil god.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 09:36:46 AM »

The meaning of your qoute is the same as saying Just because you don't believe God exists, doesnt mean he doesnt. It's interchangeable so the point is still valid, in most cases, with few exceptions, if a person doesn
t believe in God, they don't believe in the devil

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 11:21:02 PM »
The meaning of your qoute is the same as saying Just because you don't believe God exists, doesnt mean he doesnt. It's interchangeable so the point is still valid, in most cases, with few exceptions, if a person doesn
t believe in God, they don't believe in the devil
the problem is, that most people who believe in God, believe in The Nasty Man with the evil laugh...and makes you do things

But those who don't believe, never mention Teh Devil...it's always God this and God that...

I do agree to some extent to believe in one is to believe in the other, as there is a duality that exists, but yes, as Hugo asked, it seems that proving God doesn't exist, is working of the other team...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 09:11:03 AM »
the problem is, that most people who believe in God, believe in The Nasty Man with the evil laugh...and makes you do things

But those who don't believe, never mention Teh Devil...it's always God this and God that...

I do agree to some extent to believe in one is to believe in the other, as there is a duality that exists, but yes, as Hugo asked, it seems that proving God doesn't exist, is working of the other team...

Proving God doesn't exist is quite an undertaking. While I don't particularly believe in a "god" I can't PROVE one doesn't exist. I'll say this, IF a higher power of some sort exists, I'm certain it wouldn't turn out to be any we've named. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 06:00:38 PM »

wow...  You should stick to car talk lol...  You're serious?  If I don't believe in God, I'm working for the devil, who I also don't believe in?  uh ok... lol...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 10:42:47 AM »
No, it's not really a given, I had watched the movie The Rite,

How was the movie?
R