Author Topic: New York to Allow Gay Marriage  (Read 13228 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: New York to Allow Gay Marriage
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2011, 02:13:21 PM »

I say let them get married, why should it be only us straight couples who are miserable!

LOL, I kid I kid! LOL celebrating 5 years with my wife on Monday can't wait for our vacation!

I could care less if gays could get married or not, shouldn't effect any of you straight guys!  Good for New York!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2011, 02:19:04 PM »
I haven't really read this thread but did anyone do that "Congratulations gay people- you now have the right to lose half of your money" joke yet?

if so- REALLY?!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »
I haven't really read this thread but did anyone do that "Congratulations gay people- you now have the right to lose half of your money" joke yet?

if so- REALLY?!

Nope, but I will say,

Jnn make sure you get a prenup, I know you're excited and all over there in NY but still use some common sense :-D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »
Nope, but I will say,

Jnn make sure you get a prenup, I know you're excited and all over there in NY but still use some common sense :-D
You and me'll stand in for johnny; and gawd knows, there's enough queens on the site for a spread of bridesmaids, and at least a couple for Maids of Honour.  I just hope johnny and rickson will be happy.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2011, 04:20:47 PM »
It's gonna be hard trying to slip that Garter belt off of FatPanda's thigh  :-\

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2011, 06:01:22 PM »
can you please talk about how Christianity brain washes the poor and uneducated ?

scientists proved people who have faith -whatever their god- are happier and live longer, they produce more neurotransmitters of hapiness in the brain. They also build stronger families and care more about others on a daily basis, and are more loved. They are baffled by this fact considering that at the same time sciences seem to prove and not prove at the same time a god doesnt exist. But go ahead, if you re smarter than everyone on earth and knows the ultimate truth. I m just careful. I cant say wether religion or science is right, and i d say both are.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2011, 06:02:21 PM »

if so- REALLY?!
good point, i can see these a reason now for desperate bodybuilders to marry rich gay men

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2011, 06:04:53 PM »
4+pages. Really? Who cares what the gays do. If they want to get marriage let them..
A

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2011, 06:06:04 PM »
Nope, but I will say,

You and me'll stand in for johnny; and gawd knows, there's enough queens on the site for a spread of bridesmaids, and at least a couple for Maids of Honour.  I just hope johnny and rickson will be happy.

I feel like Sonny Corleone after he got out of his car at the toll booth right about now

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2011, 06:28:38 PM »
I feel like Sonny Corleone after he got out of his car at the toll booth right about now
Pre-wedding jitters - understandable. Cinematic, but understandable. rickson? take johnny by the hand and put him in a rear naked. Good luck, youngsters.  :)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2011, 06:43:57 PM »
scientists proved people who have faith -whatever their god- are happier and live longer, they produce more neurotransmitters of hapiness in the brain. They also build stronger families and care more about others on a daily basis, and are more loved. They are baffled by this fact considering that at the same time sciences seem to prove and not prove at the same time a god doesnt exist. But go ahead, if you re smarter than everyone on earth and knows the ultimate truth. I m just careful. I cant say wether religion or science is right, and i d say both are.
Spot on.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2011, 07:14:52 PM »

The 'laws of attraction' is a science. Everything you have, everything you do comes from the subconscious. If you have good thoughts and faith, those things will come to you, which a good religion will promote.

slaver

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2011, 09:34:02 PM »
who will be first getbig couple?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2011, 11:42:25 PM »
who will be first getbig couple?
Theres already been several getbig couples, just ask Bay.
Besides, there is and forever will ONLY be one getbig couple, Jodels and McFarland. (Yes I realize they werent gay, doesnt matter, they have the title, forever.)

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2011, 03:34:58 AM »
The homophobes are usually the biggest closet cases, they hate themselves so they take it out on the gays.
If they're truly comfortable with themselves and their own sexuality, then why does it bother them so much?   ;D

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2011, 04:18:09 AM »
4+pages. Really? Who cares what the gays do. If they want to get marriage let them..
ok the "who cares" and the "why is this news" comments is kinda outdated and lame

yes people care, people follow it, some care and want it passed, some care because they are curious, some care because they dont want this allowed and some could care less.

some believe that state sponsored gays is what destroys the rest (godly / bible thing)

some dont want their children exposed to daily pics and news of men hugging each other

some simply hate gays

but whatever it is, its worth talking about 

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2011, 05:29:04 AM »
Weird how society has changed.

In ancient Greece, in Athens it was at one stage law for men to be in a relationship with a younger man. They even had a statue in their main public square of two male lovers who had killed the tyrants and worshipped them as semi-divine, becuase it had indirectly led to bringing them democracy.

In Sparta, every warrior also had to have another younger male partner and they were allowed to sodomise unmarried women.

In those days it was viewed as 'normal' and many of their mythological heroes were also involved in such relationships including Zeus and Achilles.

The Macedonians were known for their homosexual relationships, and it was regarded as normal for a man under 30 to have such relationships before marrying and settling down with a wife to produce children.

It was the same till the late Roman Empire, near it's end when Christianity became the state religion. Till then male-male marriage was allowed but was made illegal by one of the later Christian Roman Emperors.

Which is strange because in the New Testament, Jesus does not say a single thing against homosexuals.
For whatever reasons Christians incorporated several books of the Torah into the Bible and the ancient Mosaic laws were followed and incorporated.
And the books to be used were chosen under a committee by the Roman Emperor Constantine. Those that they didn't like were ordered destroyed and they chose the version of the texts they preferred as there were countless in every single Church, all hand written and copied.
Many many were left out.

Modern Europeans now view the world from a 'morality' based on the Abrahamic and Mosaic laws similar to the way the Islamists do.
The only difference is that the New Testament mellowed these ideas and brought about the concepts of forgiveness, and not judging others etc, though why it was incorporated with the ancient and contradictory books of the the Torrah is strange as Jesus was a rebel and against the priests and their system.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2011, 05:47:45 AM »

In ancient Greece, in Athens it was at one stage law for men to be in a relationship with a younger man. They even had a statue in their main public square of two male lovers who had killed the tyrants and worshipped them as semi-divine, becuase it had indirectly led to bringing them democracy.

In Sparta, every warrior also had to have another younger male partner and they were allowed to sodomise unmarried women.

In those days it was viewed as 'normal' and many of their mythological heroes were also involved in such relationships including Zeus and Achilles.

The Macedonians were known for their homosexual relationships, and it was regarded as normal for a man under 30 to have such relationships before marrying and settling down with a wife to produce children.

It was the same till the late Roman Empire, near it's end when Christianity became the state religion. Till then male-male marriage was allowed but was made illegal by one of the later Christian Roman Emperors.

Which is strange because in the New Testament, Jesus does not say a single thing against homosexuals.
For whatever reasons Christians incorporated several books of the Torah into the Bible and the ancient Mosaic laws were followed and incorporated.
And the books to be used were chosen under a committee by the Roman Emperor Constantine. Those that they didn't like were ordered destroyed and they chose the version of the texts they preferred as there were countless in every single Church, all hand written and copied.
Many many were left out.

Modern Europeans now view the world from a 'morality' based on the Abrahamic and Mosaic laws similar to the way the Islamists do.
The only difference is that the New Testament mellowed these ideas and brought about the concepts of forgiveness, and not judging others etc, though why it was incorporated with the ancient and contradictory books of the the Torrah is strange as Jesus was a rebel and against the priests and their system.

This...

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2011, 06:08:36 AM »

Many many were left out.

Thats why the bible is shit.

newmom

« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2011, 07:24:32 AM »
it's always the greeks.. ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2011, 07:38:32 AM »
I wouldn't necessarily say that...

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2011, 08:06:45 AM »
I think if we look at the New Testament alone, the message is good.
At least Jesus tried to convey some sort of positve message to humanity.

The problem is that today, his words are lumped into the same category as myths and archaic laws from hundreds of years and thousands of years before.

The New Testament was written in Greek and many of it's concepts are inspired by Greek ideas such as that of the Logos, or what Christians now call the Trinity, 'three beings in one' that are one and the same.
However, the word 'Logos' is used, the same as used by Aristotle when he came up with the concept,  and the words 'Hades' is also used for hell, the same as the pagans would use.

The people who wrote the books currently making up the Bible lived in a different era to their ancient ancestors, they now lived in a more 'global' Hellenized world under the Roman Empire and their writing shows a different outlook.

The problem then started with organised religion, with competing Churches all with their owen agenda's and local backers, then finally controlled by an entire Empire who were more worried about theological debates and keeping power instead of sending more troops to exterminate the Barbarians flooding through their borders while they awaited the second-coming.

Acts on Earth became irrelavant, everything was now for the afterlife.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2011, 10:33:26 AM »
The progressive degradation of America. They think it some great accomplishment that the most liberal, ethically, economically fucked up state in the union (california is a close second) is making a big deal out this. Everything a "progressive" touchs or tries to impliment turns to shit....that is a fact!

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2011, 11:01:13 AM »
The progressive degradation of America. They think it some great accomplishment that the most liberal, ethically, economically fucked up state in the union (california is a close second) is making a big deal out this. Everything a "progressive" touchs or tries to impliment turns to shit....that is a fact!

The government's role is to maintain law and order, protection of citizens lives and property and promote a healthy economy.
And not to decide on "Morals" for them, ie: what is right and rong from a moral perspective or a religious perspective.

They're supposed to have as little influence as possible on people's daily lives and let them do whatever and say whatever they want as long as they're not hurting or stealing from anyone or directly inciting such behaviour.

Freedom is the main point of living in a Democracy.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2011, 11:08:40 AM »
The government's role is to maintain law and order, protection of citizens lives and property and promote a healthy economy.
And not to decide on "Morals" for them, ie: what is right and rong from a moral perspective or a religious perspective.

They're supposed to have as little influence as possible on people's daily lives and let them do whatever and say whatever they want as long as they're not hurting or stealing from anyone or directly inciting such behaviour.

Freedom is the main point of living in a Democracy.

agree, i think its quite ego centrical to decide for other people wheter they can marry or not. if its so important for them then let them.
seriously coach , what is changing for you if gays can marry, i dont think two guys walking hand in hand is tasteful either but who am i