Author Topic: muscle tear?  (Read 4954 times)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
muscle tear?
« on: June 25, 2011, 12:44:07 PM »
I train very low rep/high wt, PL style.   Had a competition on saturday (won thank you very little), no problems.

The next day, Im bowling (like shit) and as Im releasing the ball, i hear and feel what I can only describe a tearing in my forearm. Imeadiately its hurts and looks a little deformed (like a cramp). Its annoying, nagging pain for a day or so. I skip the wts for a week and it starts to feel ok.

Go back to gym today, light weights and now my bicep is fucknig killing me?

There is No bruising and it doesnt look odd at all.

muscle strain? tear?  anyone with advice, I havent been to a doctor in 10 years and dont want to break my streak, but shit its killing me.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: muscle tear?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 09:26:19 AM »
I train very low rep/high wt, PL style.   Had a competition on saturday (won thank you very little), no problems.

The next day, Im bowling (like shit) and as Im releasing the ball, i hear and feel what I can only describe a tearing in my forearm. Imeadiately its hurts and looks a little deformed (like a cramp). Its annoying, nagging pain for a day or so. I skip the wts for a week and it starts to feel ok.

muscle strain? tear?  anyone with advice, I havent been to a doctor in 10 years and dont want to break my streak, but shit its killing me.

Congrats on winning your show!

You may want to PM NaturalWonder83 about this.
R

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 01:37:31 PM »

Forearm where? Top, bottom, close to the elbow? I've never heard a pop, but I've had some wicked pains in my elbows that I could feel in my biceps, ice it and lay off for another week.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 11:01:24 AM »
If tearing, or a rupture, the surrounding area would be deeply bruised. Possible tendon or ligament stress/strain, which might result, or include, in nerve damage. 

Only hurt in pulling (bicep) but not pushing (tricep) I wonder? Massage may help.  The usually cold pack/hot pack thing also. If not wanting to see a doc, than a good 3 weeks complete rest may aid in healing the injury. Even a rubbing lotion , or light wraps, to draw heat and blood into the area to help. When coming back into a gym, keep the area warm with long sleeves during the workouts. Good Luck.
F

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 09:00:26 PM »
well, one month later, it seems like im back to 90%ish. Followed your advice: didnt lift at all for 2 weeks then light for two. kept it iced regularly.

did back today with moderate wt and it felt good.

No doc streak = intact

thanks for feedback!