Author Topic: Study - Diet Sodas are of no benefit to dieters - I call bullshit  (Read 35620 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
  The part about you being stupid or your sophomoric knowledge of physiology and biochemistry?

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Both.  I just have to hear this.  :D

suckmymuscle

Can the artificial sweeteners make you fat?

Some artificial sweeteners, like aspartame, trigger insulin release just like sugar, which makes you hypoglycemic and thus increases your appetite. It doesen't make you fat per se, but it makes you eat more, which may make you fat.

Why does diet soda bloat me so badly?

Some sweeteners ferment on your intestines just like some sugars like lactose, making your stomach swell.

Is it nothing to be worried about? I do not drink many as they are literally liquid poison, but I'd like to drink one now and again.

You shouldn't worry about health effects from sweeteners as all the evidence for brain damage and cancer is based on pseudo-science. This is true for aspartame and sucralose, which is a semi-natural sugar anyway. Saccharine does increase your risk for cancer, but you would need to take thousands of times the recommended dose every day for months for this to occur. I wouldn't be worried. The reason why you shouldn't use sweeteners is due to the unnecessary load to your liver and kidneys. Using them occasionally as a substitute for sugar when dieting is ok, but they are not good for you.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Can the artificial sweeteners make you fat? Why does diet soda bloat me so badly? Is it nothing to be worried about? I do not drink many as they are literally liquid poison, but I'd like to drink one now and again.
1. Not a chance.

2. The carbonation is the culprit and if you drink enough diet soda or drink a lot of water and soda throughout the day, there will be none of that.  You simply are not drinking enough fluids it sounds like.

3. You have lied to yourself to the point where you believe a myth/created the myth for yourself regarding "liquid poison".  Sorry, the evidence and facts are not on your side, yet you`d rather go with a fallacy.

4. Drink up.  In some cases it can be better for you than water as it is contaminant free as your water supply may not be.  Also, caffeine is extremely beneficial to your health in terms of protecting the brain from Alzheimer`s as well as protecting you from skin cancer and other forms of cancer.  Also, it will help with your mental capabilities regarding memory and rapidity of recall.  If you are not drinking enough, start now and drink away.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
With discipline,even if they did trigger insulin release,it`s up to the individual whether they eat more or not.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
 Some artificial sweeteners, like aspartame, trigger insulin release just like sugar, which makes you hypoglycemic and thus increases your appetite. It doesen't make you fat per se, but it makes you eat more, which may make you fat.

I believe this to be true, but I can not prove it. Do you have links to studies or anything which might back up that line? Also, even if not proven right away, I definitely feel it to be true.

Some sweeteners ferment on your intestines just like some sugars like lactose, making your stomach swell.

You shouldn't worry about health effects from sweeteners as all the evidence for brain damage and cancer is based on pseudo-science. This is true for aspartame and sucralose, which is a semi-natural sugar anyway. Saccharine does increase your risk for cancer, but you would need to take thousands of times the recommended dose every day for months for this to occur. I wouldn't be worried. The reason why you shouldn't use sweeteners is due to the unnecessary load to your liver and kidneys. Using them occasionally as a substitute for sugar when dieting is ok, but they are not good for you.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Wrong and wrong.  Tbombz is correct.  Your little Monsanto conspiracy theory is total bullshit and I am quite sick of the schmucks and ignorants that latch onto it.  Spare me the Alex Jones, 9/11 truther, Monsanto, Birther videos that you guys post.
alex jones is such a frustrating person. how he gets so many people to listen to him.. yuck.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
I've read some decent responses and ALSO some downright fucking retarded responses.

First and foremost, diet sodas in of themselves WILL NOT make you gain any type of weight.  There are no calories from fat, carbs or protein in the solution, so there is not going to be any REAL weight gain whatsoever.

What these drinks do tend to have is a high level of sodium, which over the course of a day, upon accumulation, can promote your body to withhold water (i.e. cause the bloating you guys talk about).

Assuming the artificial sweeteners do somehow increase your insulin levels and make you hypoglycemic, let's take that as a good thing to kick start that keto diet, by eliminating as much sugars from carbs as possible.  If you get a little hypoglycemic, eat a fresh steak and let your body start working on the protein and fats for fuel instead of a twinkie's carbs.

"1"

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
I've read some decent responses and ALSO some downright fucking retarded responses.

First and foremost, diet sodas in of themselves WILL NOT make you gain any type of weight.  There are no calories from fat, carbs or protein in the solution, so there is not going to be any REAL weight gain whatsoever.

What these drinks do tend to have is a high level of sodium, which over the course of a day, upon accumulation, can promote your body to withhold water (i.e. cause the bloating you guys talk about).

Assuming the artificial sweeteners do somehow increase your insulin levels and make you hypoglycemic, let's take that as a good thing to kick start that keto diet, by eliminating as much sugars from carbs as possible.  If you get a little hypoglycemic, eat a fresh steak and let your body start working on the protein and fats for fuel instead of a twinkie's carbs.

"1"

Holy shit, that is actually a brilliant idea!!!! I may take credit for thinking of it in the future. Thanks in advance.

w8m8

Mike, I like you, you are a vacuous wanker, of whom, should really fuck off from the internet.

The answer you are looking for is:

- No, sucky has fuck all proof; as entertaining as he is, he is still a wanker!

- Aspartame does not induce an "insulin repsonse" in humans:

Aspartame and its constituent amino acids: effects on prolactin, cortisol, growth hormone, insulin, and glucose in normal humans.

doses of aspartame do not alter secretion of prolactin, cortisol, growth hormone, or insulin in normal individuals.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2923074

Response to single dose of aspartame or saccharin by NIDDM patients:

Neither sweetener affected peak insulin levels in subjects with or without diabetes

ingestion of aspartame- or saccharin-sweetened beverages by fasting subjects, with or without diabetes, did not affect blood glucose homeostasis

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/11/3/230.short

Mike, feel free to thank me; you are like Getbig's very own version of that irritating ginger cunt from Happy Days, any chance you can get a terminal disease?

suckmymuscle

Holy shit, that is actually a brilliant idea!!!! I may take credit for thinking of it in the future. Thanks in advance.

The keto diet is the most retarded thing ever. All pseudo-scientific bullshit. Why should I get sugars from gluconeogenesis, which exhausts the liver and produces a ton of metabolic poisons, like ammonia and uric acid, if I can simply eat carbs?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

Mike, I like you, you are a vacuous wanker, of whom, should really fuck off from the internet.

The answer you are looking for is:

- No, sucky has fuck all proof; as entertaining as he is, he is still a wanker!

- Aspartame does not induce an "insulin repsonse" in humans:

Aspartame and its constituent amino acids: effects on prolactin, cortisol, growth hormone, insulin, and glucose in normal humans.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2923074

Response to single dose of aspartame or saccharin by NIDDM patients:

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/11/3/230.short

Mike, feel free to thank me; you are like Getbig's very own version of that irritating ginger cunt from Happy Days, any chance you can get a terminal disease?

Bitch, sweeteners do release insulin and cause hypoglycemia. What have you been smoking? A study that shows that it does not raise cortisol and prolactin does mean that it doesen't alter plasma glucose level. You are one stupid bitch.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
 The keto diet is the most retarded thing ever. All pseudo-scientific bullshit. Why should I get sugars from gluconeogenesis, which exhausts the liver and produces a ton of metabolic poisons, like ammonia and uric acid, if I can simply eat carbs?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Being carb sensitive as fuck it does nicely to jump start a diet, at least for me. The front 2-3 weeks of the diet I am on now were keto, now I have been back to brown rice with fruit after training. For the most part, it's a modified keto diet. Low carb, some fruit after training (ala TKD) but if I'm not training, or really doing anything, I just eat protein and fats. Keto has it's pluses.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
  Bitch, sweeteners do release insulin and cause hypoglycemia. What have you been smoking? A study that shows that it does not raise cortisol and prolactin does mean that it doesen't alter plasma glucose level. You are one stupid bitch.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

"We conclude that these doses of aspartame do not alter secretion of prolactin, cortisol, growth hormone, or insulin in normal individuals."

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Diet soda contains aspartame, which cause cancer! Aspartame is poison.

Just keep on drinking diet sodas as much as you like, it's up to you.

BULL-motherfucking-SHIT!!!

w8m8

SUCKMYMUSCLE

shut up, stupid little boy!

You have no studies supporting your claim that aspartame raises insulin; so please, fuck off... although feel free to keep the leash.

Although, do keep melting down, as said, your foolishness is always fun; mongol that you are :)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
LOL

w8m8 posts a study done with humans proving aspartame doesnt effect insulin

so sucky posts 3 rat studies, plus a human one that says this=

Analysis of area under the curve showed that mean insulin levels were statistically significantly higher after aspartame than after saccharin or unsweetened beverage in normal subjects only, but the magnitude of the difference was small and unlikely to be of physiological importance in the absence of differences in glucose levels. Furthermore, the differences could largely be accounted for by a decrease in insulin values after both unsweetened beverage and saccharin, with no change from baseline after aspartame.

and he thinks he is helping his argument

;D

w8m8

LOL

w8m8 posts a study done with humans proving aspartame doesnt effect insulin

so sucky posts 3 rat studies, plus a human one that says this=

and he thinks he is helping his argument

;D

and sends me a pm like he accomplished something  ;D

Owned!

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=387515.msg5440223#msg5440223

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hiya, moron.

- Your first link feat a study performed on rats!

- Your second link is the same study I posted above, you know, the study that concluded a) Neither sweetener affected peak insulin levels in subjects with or without diabetes, b) that the order of magnitude of difference between insulin levels was not physiologically important in the absence of differences in glucose levels, and c) ingestion of aspartame- or saccharin-sweetened beverages by fasting subjects, with or without diabetes, did not affect blood glucose homeostasis. *Addendum, you do actually read these studies I take it?

- Your third link feat a study performed on rats!

- Your fourth link feat a study performed on rats!

AS SAID, YOU HAVE NOTHING PERFORMED ON HUMANS SUPPORTING YOUR CLAIMS

Hey, spastic, while your at it, why not throw up all of those 'obviously relevant' rat studies revealing how "HFCS is fattening"?? failing that, perhaps you'd like to regale us with the many studies revealing how beta 2 agonists in beef cattle can manifest KILOS of raw muscle mass, you fucking dickhead!

So no, not "owned"... vulgarian that you are!

I take it the above is the best you have?

Thought so, although it is nice to see you Googling like a spastic on account of my input.

I have you dancing, verily so, like the mongol marionette you so sadly are.

The_Leafy_Bug

You are a Grade A Moron.  Not only are your links ridiculous (rat studies taking lethal dosages), your one human study had THIS CONCLUSION:   We conclude that ingestion of aspartame- or saccharin-sweetened beverages by fasting subjects, with or without diabetes, did not affect blood glucose homeostasis.

Do you not read what you post?
Even if it did cause you to go hypo that would just be beneficial to fat burning. These people lack discipline like suckmymuscle lacks brains.

suckmymuscle

You are a Grade A Moron.  Not only are your links ridiculous (rat studies taking lethal dosages), your one human study had THIS CONCLUSION:   We conclude that ingestion of aspartame- or saccharin-sweetened beverages by fasting subjects, with or without diabetes, did not affect blood glucose homeostasis.

Do you not read what you post?

Lol moron, that is because during a fast the body increases glucagon secretion to counter the hypoglycemia of a very low caloric intake, so of course blood sugar level wasn't affected. Does this mean that insulin was not released? NO!!!!! As all the studies I've posted clearly indicate that sweeteners for the most part do release insulin. Insulin release does not necessarily affect blood sugar level. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
 Lol moron, that is because during a fast the body increases glucagon secretion to counter the hypoglycemia of a very low caloric intake, so of course blood sugar level wasn't affected. Does this mean that insulin was not released? NO!!!!! As all the studies I've posted clearly indicate that sweeteners for the most part do release insulin. Insulin release does not necessarily affect blood sugar level. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE
You ought not respond any further as you have been thoroughly obliterated in this thread.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
I heard that aspartame destroys the optic nerve.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!

suckmymuscle

You ought not respond any further as you have been thoroughly obliterated in this thread.

Yeah, I posted 4 studies showing that sweeteners do release insulin and all you have is a line from one study saying that fasting subjects didn't experience a change in blood glucose level after taking aspartame and I have been proved wrong...seriously, it is not my fault that you are too stupid to understand the difference between insulin release and plasma glucose homeostasis. Several other hormones affect blood glucose levels, such as glucagon, somatotrophin, etc. Diabetics, for instance, have high levels of insulin and high blood sugar levels. Riddle me that? You are a dumbass.

SUCKMYMUSCLE