Author Topic: Study - Diet Sodas are of no benefit to dieters - I call bullshit  (Read 35605 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
I heard that aspartame destroys the optic nerve.

Not but sugar can. You need to drink a shitload however.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV

Interesting video. As I had predicted, phosphoric acid plays a major role. Soda and diet soda is basically drinking liquid poison. Small amounts are probably ok, but more than 2-3 a day=bad idea.

Unless you hate your body of course.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Interesting video. As I had predicted, phosphoric acid plays a major role. Soda and diet soda is basically drinking liquid poison. Small amounts are probably ok, but more than 2-3 a day=bad idea.

Unless you hate your body of course.
::)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
::)

You are merely trying to maintain your position because you drink shitloads daily and could not imagine NOT drinking it, thus admitting that it's harmful is definitely not going to suit your needs.

However, you can not deny drinking carbon dioxide, phosphoric acid and aspartame is healthy???? I mean, you aren't that slow, I hope...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
You are merely trying to maintain your position because you drink shitloads daily and could not imagine NOT drinking it, thus admitting that it's harmful is definitely not going to suit your needs.

However, you can not deny drinking carbon dioxide, phosphoric acid and aspartame is healthy???? I mean, you aren't that slow, I hope...

Try again.  I am using evidence and proof behind my choice of consumption, you on the other hand, are going by nonsense and faith and by how you "feel".  You already came in this with a bias and despite being shown the evidence you still cling to a false belief.  

This is nothing new for you however as it is merely a hark back to your Republican shit-brain hard headed days when the facts be damned.  I find it amusing that the desire to slip into such thinking is still patent (or perhaps latent).

Sorry, you have nothing on your side other than a prejudicial belief not supported by science or evidence.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Try again.  I am using evidence and proof behind my choice of consumption, you on the other hand, are going by nonsense and faith and by how you "feel".  You already came in this with a bias and despite being shown the evidence you still cling to a false belief.  

This is nothing new for you however as it is merely a hark back to your Republican shit-brain hard headed days when the facts be damned.  I find it amusing that the desire to slip into such thinking is still patent (or perhaps latent).

Sorry, you have nothing on your side other than a prejudicial belief not supported by science or evidence.

The only belief I have is that when I drink diet soda, I tend to look like crap after. I can actually see a difference. Is it fat? Unlikely. So we actually agree more or less.

Lame that you are attacking my political beliefs.

You are one of the most arrogant pompous posters I have ever come across online. I hope knowing that makes you happy.

žoklis

• Getbig II
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18458357
CONCLUSION:

Caffeine has some potential to benefit training outcomes via the anabolic effects of the increase in testosterone concentration, but this benefit might be counteracted by the opposing catabolic effects of the increase in cortisol and resultant decline in the testosterone:cortisol ratio.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10698173

Green tea polyphenols, especially the catechin, (-)-epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), have been proposed as a cancer chemopreventative based on a variety of laboratory studies. For clear assessment of the possible physiological effects of green tea consumption, we injected pure green tea catechins ip into rats and studied their acute effects on endocrine systems. We found that EGCG, but not related catechins, significantly reduced food intake; body weight; blood levels of testosterone, estradiol, leptin, insulin, insulin-like growth factor I, LH, glucose, cholesterol, and triglyceride; as well as growth of the prostate, uterus, and ovary. Similar effects were observed in lean and obese male Zucker rats, suggesting that the effect of EGCG was independent of an intact leptin receptor. EGCG may interact specifically with a component of a leptin-independent appetite control pathway. Endocrine changes induced by parenteral administration of EGCG may relate to the observed growth inhibition and regression of human prostate and breast tumors in athymic mice treated with EGCG as well as play a role in the mechanism by which EGCG inhibits cancer initiation and promotion in various animal models of cancer.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Judging from this thread, people avoiding sweeteners for whatever reasons (cancer, diabetes, insulin spikes) are dumb.

I think this thread brings enough evidence to this.

w8m8

and all you have is a line from one study
SUCKY

Hiya, filibustering mongol.

We have thus far provided two studies - in humans - supporting our case! You have presented none!

In case you missed that, we have heretofore presented TWO studies, not "one". There are more, but you get the point.

To wit; "two" is more than one, it's also less than three; please add rudimentary mathematics to your list of failings.

If you need further assistance, do feel free to ask... the optician!

As Adonis has opined, you have been obliterated, so close your hole, you sound better when your hole is closed.

you on the other hand, are going by nonsense and faith and by how you "feel".  You already came in this with a bias and despite being shown the evidence you still cling to a false belief. 

Adam, as you have implied, a mind racked with spasticity unfortunately finds itself somewhat easy prey for the evils of dissonance.

Methyl Mike is a dissonant spastic, beyond help; the collective (and indeed perpetual) piss running down his legs affords him an observable degree of comfort. For mongol Methyl Mike "a drenching a day, keeps the doctor away", it seems to keep him happy etc, so leave him be, sat at his PC, gaining comfort from the golden rainbows that doth so verily form over his sickly limbs!!

QED.

Best wishes to Jezebelle and yourself.

Judging from this thread, people avoiding sweeteners for whatever reasons (cancer, diabetes, insulin spikes) are dumb.

Good point, but not entirely true, for example, Sucralose is on it's way to becoming a recognised migraine trigger, with many users also reporting eye issues (sensitivity to light etc) the pathways of which have yet to be elucidated:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16942478

But yes, I agree, whatever the merits - on either side - re: the facts behind sweeteners, most people arguing against them are usually orthorexic fuckwits... just like methyl "no fucking clue, and tries too hard" mike.

For the record, I avoid them, as do others I know... and I'll leave things there. Those that know me, know my position and vice versa.

However, Methyl Mike is a moron; his hackneyed bullshit re: "obviously a metabolic advantage can be observed if one employs a diet bereft of diet sodas; it's not actually the case I have no clue about metabolic ward studies and my position here is one of a fuckwit" really does get on ones tits.

Right now, I'd like to introduce Methyl "Scott Connolly" Mike to a fucking blunt object :)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
so, given the popularity of this thread is it true that the next huge subject on GB will be how "Studies show that slitting your throat and drinking a gallon of Draino does no benefit to anyone who wants to kill themselves"?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Hiya, filibustering mongol.

We have thus far provided two studies - in humans - supporting our case! You have presented none!

In case you missed that, we have heretofore presented TWO studies, not "one". There are more, but you get the point.

To wit; "two" is more than one, it's also less than three; please add rudimentary mathematics to your list of failings.

If you need further assistance, do feel free to ask... the optician!

As Adonis has opined, you have been obliterated, so close your hole, you sound better when your hole is closed.

Adam, as you have implied, a mind racked with spasticity unfortunately finds itself somewhat easy prey for the evils of dissonance.

Methyl Mike is a dissonant spastic, beyond help; the collective (and indeed perpetual) piss running down his legs affords him an observable degree of comfort. For mongol Methyl Mike "a drenching a day, keeps the doctor away", it seems to keep him happy etc, so leave him be, sat at his PC, gaining comfort from the golden rainbows that doth so verily form over his sickly limbs!!

QED.

Best wishes to Jezebelle and yourself.

Good point, but not entirely true, for example, Sucralose is on it's way to becoming a recognised migraine trigger, with many users also reporting eye issues (sensitivity to light etc) the pathways of which have yet to be elucidated:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16942478

But yes, I agree, whatever the merits - on either side - re: the facts behind sweeteners, most people arguing against them are usually orthorexic fuckwits... just like methyl "no fucking clue, and tries too hard" mike.

For the record, I avoid them, as do others I know... and I'll leave things there. Those that know me, know my position and vice versa.

However, Methyl Mike is a moron; his hackneyed bullshit re: "obviously a metabolic advantage can be observed if one employs a diet bereft of diet sodas; it's not actually the case I have no clue about metabolic ward studies and my position here is one of a fuckwit" really does get on ones tits.

Right now, I'd like to introduce Methyl "Scott Connolly" Mike to a fucking blunt object :)

< breaking out my trusty thesaurus >   ???

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
confirmation bias ITT

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
Take as many diet sodas as you like, guys, enjoy it as long as you can.  :D

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
so, given the popularity of this thread is it true that the next huge subject on GB will be how "Studies show that slitting your throat and drinking a gallon of Draino does no benefit to anyone who wants to kill themselves"?

seriously, this is pretty funny

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
I drank like 8 Cans of Diet mountain dew the other day..I felt terrible at the end of the night.Never again will i consume so much diet soda..

I have one 8 ounce Red Bull Sugar Free every day.  I would have more. However, i'm not convinced either way on these artificial sweeteners.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Eat a lot of lean protein.
Train heavy and consistently.
Get big.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent

"judging from this thread" is where things go wrong...

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?

seriously, this is pretty funny

It is, Johnny. I was PMSL the other day when you wrote something like, "Laugh at my joke you pieces of shit" ;D

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
It is, Johnny. I was PMSL the other day when you wrote something like, "Laugh at my joke you pieces of shit" ;D

the problem is that these motherfuckers don't know what's funny sometimes and it is up to me to point it out to them

seriously, I should know what funny is----I'm like the funniest guy I know

Army of One

• Getbig V
the problem is that these motherfuckers don't know what's funny sometimes and it is up to me to point it out to them

seriously, I should know what funny is----I'm like the funniest guy I know

Honestly, your very predictable now, usually a 2 line reply with the 2nd line being a self deprecating remark about yourself that can be guessed by just reading the first line.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
I'm glad this thread has become what it has.

Regardless of it being a civilized dispute, Getbiggers always find a way to own someone to oblivion and beyond.

"1"

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
Honestly, your very predictable now, usually a 2 line reply with the 2nd line being a self deprecating remark about yourself that can be guessed by just reading the first line.

Listen, what you call "predictable" I call "performing my greatest hits"

.....and by "performing my greatest hits" I really mean is that "I'm a piece of shit asshole who hasn't had sex in along time and the only relationship I have developed in the last year is with that one chick who works the desk at the gym who talks to everyone"

Army of One

• Getbig V
Listen, what you call "predictable" I call "performing my greatest hits"

.....and by "performing my greatest hits" I really mean is that "I'm a piece of shit asshole who hasn't had sex in along time and the only relationship I have developed in the last year is with that one chick who works the desk at the gym who talks to everyone"

I think your funny when you realise you arnt performing in a standup festival, less is more.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
see what I did there?

suckmymuscle

This c.u.n.t, W8 whatever, is truly the dumbest bitch to post in this board. I post not one, not two, not even three studies proving my point that most sweeteners do indeed cause insulin release, but four, and instead of admitting that she is wrong she comes up with bullshit excuses. Hey, dumbass, the fact that aspartame does not cause change in glycemic status in fasting individuals does not mean it doesen't cause insulin release. The two things are not mutually synonymous! Releasing insulin does not necessarily = change in blood glucose status. During a fast, levels of glucagon and GH rise to counter hypoglycemia, so of course you can have elevated insulin levels and maintain blood sugar homeostasis. Like I said, diabetics have both high circulating insulin levels and high blood sugar levels. Riddle me that? The problem with arguing with people who don't know shit about physiology and endocrinology is that they can't even understand why they are wrong. The bottom line is that sweeteners do cause insulin release. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE