Author Topic: Fore arm pain...  (Read 2500 times)

Tailz

• Getbig II
  • Are you bullet proof? THEN STFU!
Fore arm pain...
« on: September 20, 2005, 12:19:18 AM »
im doin about 45lb bicep curls and recently my forearm starts hurting after i put the weights down...  can someone tell me whats up? or what i can do to prevent this?   thanks..

man from oz

Re: Fore arm pain...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 02:02:12 AM »
had a similar pain today
outside forearm
funny thing is i was doing preacher curls
what gives

Tailz

• Getbig II
  • Are you bullet proof? THEN STFU!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 01:17:38 PM »
thanks

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 03:00:38 PM »
Yeh you really have to be a little careful when releasing the weight.  I get it from a lot of things, most recently from doing rope based curls.  Always seem to happen to me more when I've really been using my forearms in a lot of exercises in the week.

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 08:28:58 PM »
happens to me every time i do preachers, its rather annoying
big or bust

Ur Moms Pimp 2005

• Getbig II
  • Your mom owes me MONEY
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 09:02:22 AM »
Just like you can get shin splints in your shins. you can get something very similar in your forearms. It's actually the muscle tightening up on you. Some movements will probably agrevate you more than others. Usually you will "grow out" of the pain after training for a while. I know when I do BarBell curls my forearms still hurt me pretty bad. Peace

Robbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 02:26:37 AM »
If you have a standing preacher at your gym try doing curls by leaning your torsoe over the angled side... your arms will be hanging vertically down the flat side of the padding. I find that the tension if entirely on my bi's.

Doing preachers with my arms on the angled pad seemed to put all the stress of the movement on my joints and forearms rather than my bis. Once your strength increases with this movement, other exercises like barbell curls will increase as well.

R.