Author Topic: Thats it, ive had it with boxing  (Read 4320 times)

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
Re: Thats it, ive had it with boxing
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 02:53:54 PM »
i stopped watching boxing when Tyson stopped fighting ! and marked the end of boxing era i believe.

unless a new talent comes ! until then ill be waiting
So did I .. Pacman and Mayweather fights are pretty decent.. But you,never know with these guys either(especially Mayweather)..

che

• Getbig V
Re: Thats it, ive had it with boxing
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2011, 03:09:14 PM »
The problem with boxing nowdays are the following:
1) The lack of talents! Nowdays the best tall athletes in America don't want to suffer in a sport so dangerous like boxing instead they pursue sport like basketball and football were brain damage is not an issue!This happen especially with african-american athletes that used to be the best in boxing.
The Ali Parkinson disease is problably the reason why this is happening. Ali ,the greatest heavyweight of all time,was the best thing ever happen to boxing when he was fighting but at the same time problably was the worst thing ever happen to boxing after he got the parkinson disease!
Heavyweight peaked in the 70 , never was such talent in that division in history: Ali , Frazier , Foreman , Norton , Lyle , Shavers , etc...
The 70 propelled for the 80 that rapresented the best era of boxing in the lower division because of  boxers like : Hagler ,Leonard, Hearns,Duran, Pryor,Arguello,Benitez.
2) Too much monay in boxing for elite fighter! Mayweather fight every 18 months and Pacquiao every 6 months because they do not need to make monay to sustain their millionare lifestyle and they take long layoff from the sport! Dana White a smart man understood this , that is the reason why UFC fighters they do not get as much monay like boxers.
Imagine now if the same would happen in basketball and the Lakers would play a game twice a years! How much fans base they will lose?
3)The insanity of the Alphabet belts (WBO,WBC, WBA,IBF).How is possible to have multiple world champions in the same weight class that avoid each others but still claim to be the best in the world! Imagine if the same would happen in soccer and Brazil,Germany,Italy and France were world champions in the same years without even pay against each other! Boxing can't be taked seriously as a mayor sport if doesen't take care of this issues.

I usually agree with you brother but you are wrong on this one .