Author Topic: and people have the cheek to say mma is better than boxing.. chuckle !  (Read 12639 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
well he both of them wanted to box. he didn't try to submit.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
uppercuts are fucking underrated

too many including myself are used to jabs and straights. but those upper cuts fuck people up when up close or if opponent is trying to get low on you
A

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
great chin on Silva there

::)

cephissus

• Getbig V
I've always wondered why in MMA one or two punches is often enough to knock an opponent out, but in boxing many vicious blows are exchanged over several rounds.

Is it purely because of the gloves, or what?

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
That was horrible man. Guys been my hero since I was 13.

This makes me feel a little bit better

Hopefully he hangs them up though.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
great chin on Silva there

::)

Hish chin is shot. Cro cop almost decapitated him with one of his roundhouse kicks. Then he got put to sleep by henderson and rampage. That's the trifecta of doom.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
those uppercuts right on the dot put anyone down
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
what if i uppercut you?
A

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
those uppercuts right on the dot put anyone down

He got clipped behind the ear with that left hook. By instict he went for that clinch. Five years ago he would of recoverd quick from that shot. He's way over the hill.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
I've always wondered why in MMA one or two punches is often enough to knock an opponent out, but in boxing many vicious blows are exchanged over several rounds.

Is it purely because of the gloves, or what?

Could be the gloves but my guess is that boxers, far more so than MMA fighters, guard their chins like their daughter's pussy. Look at a traditional boxers stance compared to MMA and how they hold their hands when in tight or up against the ropes. Chin down, gloves (much bigger and softer than MMA gloves) held tight against their chin.

You can't get away with that in MMA because of take downs as well as lower body strikes.
I've been so often hearing about how MMA fighters have weak chins compared to boxers. Not so. Their chins are any weaker or stronger than anybody else in any sport. They just have a lot more of their body to protect.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
MMA is better than boxing.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
MMA is better than boxing.

what aspect?

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
Look at a traditional boxers stance compared to MMA and how they hold their hands when in tight or up against the ropes. Chin down, gloves (much bigger and softer than MMA gloves) held tight against their chin.

You can't get away with that in MMA because of take downs as well as lower body strikes.

This.  Add to the fact that there is a world of difference in the gloves.  How many punches do you think anyone could take from a pro boxer wearing 4oz gloves?  I have trained with both for years and 4oz gloves are much worse to get hit with than bare knuckles and so much worse than boxing gloves you would have to feel it to understand.  There isn't a person in the world that could get hit as many times in a 12 round fight as a boxer does if the opponent was wearing 4 ozers.

che

• Getbig V
Could be the gloves but my guess is that boxers, far more so than MMA fighters, guard their chins like their daughter's pussy. Look at a traditional boxers stance compared to MMA and how they hold their hands when in tight or up against the ropes. Chin down, gloves (much bigger and softer than MMA gloves) held tight against their chin.

I've been so often hearing about how MMA fighters have weak chins compared to boxers. Not so. Their chins are any weaker or stronger than anybody else in any sport. They just have a lot more of their body to protect.

Silva's chin is fine  , Leben is a 1 punch Ko artist and Wanderley has a horrible defense ,guess what happenned?

BTW  ,boxers don't hit harder than MMA fighters , boxers chins aren't better  than MMA fighters .............etc .
Defense (reflexes )take  years to master ,    that's why you don't see  MMA fighters crossing over to boxing or  retired athletes  starting a boxing career after the age of 30  .

che

• Getbig V
This.  Add to the fact that there is a world of difference in the gloves.  How many punches do you think anyone could take from a pro boxer wearing 4oz gloves?  I have trained with both for years and 4oz gloves are much worse to get hit with than bare knuckles and so much worse than boxing gloves you would have to feel it to understand.  There isn't a person in the world that could get hit as many times in a 12 round fight as a boxer does if the opponent was wearing 4 ozers.
I disagree ,I've been hit by  4 ,6 ,8 ,10, 12 ,16oz gloves , bare knuckle..etc , it all depend who hits you ,trust me.

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
I disagree ,I've been hit by  4 ,6 ,8 ,10, 12 ,16oz gloves , bare knuckle..etc , it all depend who hits you ,trust me.

dont let groink
hit you
hes roid ragin

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Silva's chin is fine  , Leben is a 1 punch Ko artist and Wanderley has a horrible defense ,guess what happenned?

BTW  ,boxers don't hit harder than MMA fighters , boxers chins aren't better  than MMA fighters .............etc .
Defense (reflexes )take  years to master ,    that's why you don't see  MMA fighters crossing over to boxing or  retired athletes  starting a boxing career after the age of 30  .

Silvas chin is definitely not fine. He gets punched out by hits he used to smile at.

pellius

• Getbig V

You wouldn't think that wearing 4 oz gloves would be worse. It's counter intuitive. But anybody that's been hit by the 4 ouncers know what you are talking about. It may sound far fetch and I'm just speculating but a bare fist may dissipates energy more because the force transfer may vary due to the size and position of the protruding knuckles and how it contact it's target. With the gloves it concentrates the energy transfer more because of the smooth even surface area and 4 ounces isn't enough of a cushion to absorb the impact.

Of course the gloves were just a means to make the sport legit and please the politicians that know nothing about combat sports. The original UFC was bare fisted.

Cliff Clavin

• Getbig II
  • It's a little known fact
what aspect?

what apsect is mma not better...that would be the shorter list...

pellius

• Getbig V

Of course it matters who hits you but we have to compare apples to apples. Meaning the same guy hitting you. BTW, I meant to write that MMA fighter's chin are NOT any weaker or stronger than boxers. They have more targets to protect and more of a chance to leaving the chin open.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
As I've said before:

"mma" is for guys who are too slow and fat + dumb for boxing.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Human chicken fighting?  No thanks.  Boxing?  Yes please........a far superior sport.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
edit* the new positive swede aint even gonna bother with threads like these  ;D