Author Topic: Jesus healed the blind man............  (Read 5381 times)

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
Jesus healed the blind man............
« on: July 09, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »
by putting mud over his eyes then why cant GOD take away my mental illness'???? Life aint fair nor is life easy................but neither is living with mental illness'.

Dear God, these are the following mental illness ive been living with for many years.......

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Panic disorder
Agoraphobia
Body dysmorphic disorder
avoidant personality
major depression
borderline personality disorder and too top it all off.......
SCHIZO AFFECTIVE DISORDER with bipolar symptoms

Growing up/going to a catholic grade school........all i heard was how AMAZING GODS LOVE for us is..........hmmm.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
Re: Jesus healed the blind man............
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 12:33:03 AM »
God works in mysterious ways.  You were given this gift for a reason.  You may not understand now but God has a plan.  Either that or you are a sinner.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 08:21:36 AM »
by putting mud over his eyes then why cant GOD take away my mental illness'???? Life aint fair nor is life easy................but neither is living with mental illness'.

Dear God, these are the following mental illness ive been living with for many years.......

Panic disorder
Agoraphobia
Body dysmorphic disorder
avoidant personality
major depression

Growing up/going to a catholic grade school........all i heard was how AMAZING GODS LOVE for us is..........hmmm.

I promise that I will pray for you.  I have witnessed God's hand in the healing of family members suffering from mental illness.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 08:42:36 AM »
God works in mysterious ways.  You were given this gift for a reason.  You may not understand now but God has a plan.  Either that or you are a sinner.

Mental illness' are a GIFT from GOD???? and Im not much of a " SINNER " I guess. Honestly im not sure if i believe in SIN. We make mistakes so that we can LEARN from them. Life is a learning experience.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 10:26:38 AM »
Mental illness' are a GIFT from GOD???? and Im not much of a " SINNER " I guess. Honestly im not sure if i believe in SIN. We make mistakes so that we can LEARN from them. Life is a learning experience.

Unfortunatly God has 3 answers available to prayer. Yes, No, Maybe.

He also has some pretty sweet outs for not responding..

1. You don't have enough faith
2. He works in mysterious ways

I have to give him credit, he set up a pretty cool system. He gets all the credit for anything good that happens, and none of the responsibility for any of the bad...

Sorry you are dealing with those things...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »

I have to give him credit, he set up a pretty cool system. He gets all the credit for anything good that happens, and none of the responsibility for any of the bad...

How come you're an agnostic and not an atheist?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 07:24:42 PM »
How come you're an agnostic and not an atheist?

Don't feel like ruling out the possibility of some supreme creator being thingy. I'm atheist when it comes to any god or gods we have names for like Baal, Leviathon, Mithras, Osiris, Jehovah, etc etc.   

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 08:02:54 PM »

Thanks. Im not trying to sit here and tell my sad life story NOR am i sitting here saying " oh woe is me/feel sorry for me". Nope. Like i said, Life aint Fair nor is life easy...........but neither is living with mental illness'. We all face ISSUES in our life, but again......mental illness' are no walk in the park.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 08:12:31 PM »
Yea. OCD is a terrible mental disorder too, Theres alot more too OCD then being a clean/neat freak and washing your hands. Ocd is what put me in a crisis center 6 years ago.Woke up having a " morbid vision", is part of having UNCONTROLLABLE NIGHTMARES, which is a symptom of OCD. Woke up and felt like i was burning in hell and had a real bad panic attack, but in a nutshell Ive been on medications for 6 years and ive gotten so so so much better. If you met me in person, especialy on one of my real good days, basically where none of my symptoms were acting up, you would probably think there was nothing mentally wrong with me.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 08:18:16 PM »
Like a few people said, " GOD works in mysterious/unknown ways too man", and i know God has a plan for me. Like i said, we all face issues, which is a part of LIFE........You know what LIFE stands for???

L- ocations- ( where you LIVED)

I-SSUES.........and i know that my mental disorders are a part of this category of " life".

F-riends

E-vents.....

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 09:24:16 AM »
Like a few people said, " GOD works in mysterious/unknown ways too man", and i know God has a plan for me. Like i said, we all face issues, which is a part of LIFE........You know what LIFE stands for???

L- ocations- ( where you LIVED)

I-SSUES.........and i know that my mental disorders are a part of this category of " life".

F-riends

E-vents.....

I'll give ya another that I love:

F - ull
A - ssurance
I -  n
T - he
H - eart

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 09:31:47 AM »
having Gary Busey Celebrity Apprentice flashbacks  :)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 10:16:20 AM »
having Gary Busey Celebrity Apprentice flashbacks  :)

LOL!!!!  Ole Busey....gotta love him!

Actually learned this acronym from a preacher named Nick Vujicic I've seen speak live....awesome man of God!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrRP3UIiAcY&feature=related

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 07:20:49 AM »

Panic disorder
Agoraphobia
Body dysmorphic disorder
avoidant personality
major depression

There is no god, so don't worry about it.
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 11:35:10 AM »
There is no god, so don't worry about it.

There is a God, and for some reason atheists worry about it.    ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 11:43:02 AM »
There is a God, and for some reason atheists worry about it.    ;D

Some do, I never do unless posting here.

The OP is complaining about something that is better explained without a god than with one. Occam's Razor.
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 12:01:13 PM »
Some do, I never do unless posting here.

The OP is complaining about something that is better explained without a god than with one. Occam's Razor.

;D

William of Ockham himself was a theist. He believed in God, and thus in some validity of scripture; he writes that

"nothing ought to be posited without a reason given, unless it is self-evident (literally, known through itself) or known by experience or proved by the authority of Sacred Scripture."

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/ockham/

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 03:25:05 PM »
Religion causes mental illness'. Ive been trying to unbrainwash/unpoision my mind from being on medications. Worldly Religion has been extremely corrupted,twisted,perverted by man.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 04:11:31 PM »
Annelise Michel.......aka " The exorcism of Emily Rose" had EXTREMELY FULL BLOWN SEVERE........

PARANOID SCHIZOPHENIA
" CATATONIC SCHIZOPHRENIA"
and...Schizo affective disorder AND Epilepsy. Everytime her symptoms of SCHIZOPHRENIA acted up, they triggered her Epileptic symptoms to act up and vice versa.

If you watch the movie, they even mention symptoms of SCHIZOPHRENIA.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 04:57:02 PM »
Religion causes mental illness'. Ive been trying to unbrainwash/unpoision my mind from being on medications. Worldly Religion has been extremely corrupted,twisted,perverted by man.

Probably because it was created by man... just a guess..

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 05:42:11 PM »
;D

William of Ockham himself was a theist. He believed in God, and thus in some validity of scripture; he writes that

"nothing ought to be posited without a reason given, unless it is self-evident (literally, known through itself) or known by experience or proved by the authority of Sacred Scripture."

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/ockham/

He did not know better so he is forgiven.
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 05:56:22 AM »
He did not know better so he is forgiven.

;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 07:05:10 AM »
Worldly Religion has been extremely corrupted,twisted,perverted by man.

Agree.

Annelise Michel.......aka " The exorcism of Emily Rose" had EXTREMELY FULL BLOWN SEVERE........

PARANOID SCHIZOPHENIA
" CATATONIC SCHIZOPHRENIA"
and...Schizo affective disorder AND Epilepsy. Everytime her symptoms of SCHIZOPHRENIA acted up, they triggered her Epileptic symptoms to act up and vice versa.

If you watch the movie, they even mention symptoms of SCHIZOPHRENIA.

Do you recommend this movie?
R

probound2

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 01:26:44 PM »
Worldly Religion has been extremely corrupted,twisted,perverted by man.

Without doubt! The bible even warns/warned about this very dilemma! So, who/what is teaching what the bible teaches?

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 10:28:02 PM »
Agree.

Do you recommend this movie?
If youve never seen it then YES.

" Dark Shadowy apparitions" is mentioned in the movie, and which is a symptom of SCHIZO AFFECTIVE DISORDER, which i myself experience.

When " Emily " is in her school cafeteria and the noises of the spoons/fork clanking againest plates,bowls,etc.......Which is another symptom of Schizophrenia, meaning........with SCHIZOPHRENIA, all of your SENSES are VERY ENHANCED, like " hearing ". Some of the slightest noises can be very " loud " and very irritating.

Another scene from the movie/symptom of Schizophrenia/schizo affective disorder, is when the PRIEST is talking about when EMILY would try and eat, she couldnt " swallow " her food/ " the demons " wouldnt let her. Back before i was on medication, i would experience the same thing. I would hear voices, telling me if i tried swallowing my food, i would choke and if i did swallow my food, it felt like i wasnt controlling my own throat/swallowing functions on my own, which is also a symptom of SCHIZO AFFECTIVE DISORDER.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoaffective_disorder Under " signs/symptoms" youll come across some of the things that i just mentioned AND that are mentioned in the movie.