Author Topic: Uncle SAM says SCREW Baseball ... PAY ME FATSO  (Read 2131 times)

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Uncle SAM says SCREW Baseball ... PAY ME FATSO
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 05:16:14 PM »
You are truly an idiot.

So he should pay taxes on a legit gift from the yankees ... that he probably won't accept now or is forced to sell so his ass won't go to jail for tax evasion.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 05:24:26 PM »
what a fuckin retard, could of had 250k

or more. I guess his personal integrity is worth more than $$$.

...as it should be.

njanvi

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 05:27:50 PM »
You are truly an idiot.

So he should pay taxes on a legit gift from the yankees ... that he probably won't accept now or is forced to sell so his ass won't go to jail for tax evasion.

Yes he should, it's what the law states

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 05:28:59 PM »
Yes he should, it's what the law states

The law states you should NEVER EVER go past the speed limit posted.. im sure you follow that law daily  ::)

njanvi

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 05:32:42 PM »
The law states you should NEVER EVER go past the speed limit posted.. im sure you follow that law daily  ::)

But if I do get a ticket for speeding while over it I would have to pay up. If you don't like it, change the law, until then it shouldn't be selectively enforced.
You are letting emotions overwhelm logic

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 05:38:27 PM »
This actually did catch my attention when this was posted all over NY in the news today. It'll pretty much boil down to the fact, prize vs gift.

On the other hand imagine being in this kid's shoes; Going to a baseball game with your father to have a good time, surprisingly enough you catch a very valuable baseball possibly worth up to 6 figures, then you get approached by Yankees security to go upstairs and sit down with the chairman of the Yankees aka the excellent businessman and be asked "what do you want for the ball?" This kid had no chance at capitalism let alone discuss a deal with a powerful millionaire.

Either way, I think the mob (IRS) want their cut in taxes and it's only fair for the Yankees legal attorneys to help this kid out who's $100,000 in debt of school tuition!
#

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »
But if I do get a ticket for speeding while over it I would have to pay up. If you don't like it, change the law, until then it shouldn't be selectively enforced.
You are letting emotions overwhelm logic

Humming on public streets is prohibited on Sundays

Kites may not be flown within the city limits.

Cars may not be driven through the town.

Wheelbarrows with For-Sale signs may not be chained to trees.

It is against the law to make faces at dogs.

Above are real laws that are in place in towns in Illinois as of right now. Stop being a sheep and realize that the government only has 1 real goal...rake in fucking money. ...my point is that how hard do they enforce the laws that there is no money in versus the stuff like taxes on gifts.

njanvi

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 05:42:05 PM »
This actually did catch my attention when this was posted all over NY in the news today. It'll pretty much boil down to the fact, prize vs gift.

On the other hand imagine being in this kid's shoes; Going to a baseball game with your father to have a good time, surprisingly enough you catch a very valuable baseball possibly worth up to 6 figures, then you get approached by Yankees security to go upstairs and sit down with the chairman of the Yankees aka the excellent businessman and be asked "what do you want for the ball?" This kid had no chance at capitalism let alone discuss a deal with a powerful millionaire.

Either way, I think the mob (IRS) want their cut in taxes and it's only fair for the Yankees legal attorneys to help this kid out who's $100,000 in debt of school tuition!]

Yankees absolutely should help him, but the IRS should do their job as well

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2011, 05:49:15 PM »
All Taxation is theft - Josiah Warren

njanvi

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 05:55:59 PM »
All Taxation is theft - Josiah Warren

From the party of the pre-emptive war....I guess they pay for themselves

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2011, 05:59:34 PM »
Jeter ought to just give him like 40k for being so unselfish. Seriously.

njanvi

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2011, 06:04:29 PM »

Lol he would owe a gift tax on it  :)

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2011, 06:05:59 PM »

This

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2011, 07:15:54 PM »
This

Nah, Jeter oughta hold a news conference and say he has heard all the talk about how people are saying what a moron this guy is for being so unselfish as to give him the baseball as a gesture for all he has done for the Yankees. Then go on to say how it pisses him off to hear Americans making fun of someone for not being a greedy bastard. Then he should announce he is 1. Paying off the kids college debt 2. giving him a check for 1 million dollars after taxes. Then point out to all the folks who called this kid a dumb ass that the ball was probably worth 250K max, but because he was not greedy, was rewarded for it and came out ahead.

oh wait... this isn't a movie....

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2011, 10:33:53 PM »
try and do the right thing and you still get fucked.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2011, 10:56:17 PM »
why can't jeter give the guy the money for the taxes. IMO he should pay the buy besides doing what he did. he has the money give the guy 50k
irongearco.com

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2011, 11:00:05 PM »
Nah, Jeter oughta hold a news conference and say he has heard all the talk about how people are saying what a moron this guy is for being so unselfish as to give him the baseball as a gesture for all he has done for the Yankees. Then go on to say how it pisses him off to hear Americans making fun of someone for not being a greedy bastard. Then he should announce he is 1. Paying off the kids college debt 2. giving him a check for 1 million dollars after taxes. Then point out to all the folks who called this kid a dumb ass that the ball was probably worth 250K max, but because he was not greedy, was rewarded for it and came out ahead.

oh wait... this isn't a movie....

i agree. jeter would have probably bought the ball later anyways for the 250k so why not give the guy some money
irongearco.com