Author Topic: Going back to the old way..  (Read 1383 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Going back to the old way..
« on: July 14, 2011, 05:17:15 PM »
In the last 12 months I have been lifting less, but doing a lot more P90X type excercises usually an hour at a time, 3 to 5 times a week. I've taken stock and I am not happy with the results. I am not leaner, in fact I am 8-10 lbs heavier than when I was just lifting 4 to 5 times a week, 2 body parts a session and 20 min HIIT on the treadmill a couple times a week. I'm also not happy with the muscle mass I believe I've lost. So no leaner, in fact, a little more body fat, and less muscle.... time to stop the insanity..

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Going back to the old way..
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 06:13:54 PM »
LOL @ you.

NOTHING beats moving heavy weights.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 09:17:56 PM »
During the last year I started realizing how important the hormonal response to your workouts really is. I would split up my training in mesocycles of 8-12, 6-9, and 4-6. Noticed that in the 8-12 rep range I would put on weight on the scale but would look worse, then as the reps came down, the scale weight would come down but the body part measurements would remain pretty much the same (except the waist). Didn't really make sense since the volume would come down as well meaning less calories burned during the workouts. It has to be how your body responds to heavy training on a hormonal level.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 07:48:11 AM »
F