Author Topic: Abortion IS Murder  (Read 8353 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Abortion IS Murder
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 06:04:27 PM »
okay for arguments sake

A woman is preggo with lets say sextuplets, doctor advises it's best to terminate 2 babies so the other 4 will be more healthy and better chance for them, if she chooses to terminate 2 is that murder?
but first can you tell me exactly what I said in my first post in this thread?  

I'm not a doctor... I'm not about to pretend to be a doctor, but I do know that situations are going to arise where the baby's chance at life is not going to happen.  I've watched this, to my saddness, first hand, and in a more absolute situation than you've given as example...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 08:32:16 PM »
keep your laws off my body and guns...
keep your laws out of my wallet then....

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2011, 08:46:45 PM »
Too many people are concerned with what other people are doing to their own bodies and with their own lives.

Mind your own business and worry about your own body/life. As far as anyone saying anything about paying for it from their taxes.......better check the long list of many other things your taxes pay for, nobody gets to pick and choose where their tax dollars go and just because you don't agree with something, doesn't mean it should be outlawed.

Is it murder? Who knows, everyones opinion will be different to fit their beliefs.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

newmom

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 02:10:34 AM »
but first can you tell me exactly what I said in my first post in this thread?  

I'm not a doctor... I'm not about to pretend to be a doctor, but I do know that situations are going to arise where the baby's chance at life is not going to happen.  I've watched this, to my saddness, first hand, and in a more absolute situation than you've given as example...

yes it's murder, only a few exceptions. All I did was pose a question
keep your laws out of my wallet then....

;D

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 06:11:55 AM »
End of story, if you have an abortion you are killing a person.  There are very few exceptions to that fact.
exceptions to having an abortion
or,exceptions to killing a person?
what are the exceptions..
w

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 08:04:18 AM »
If we are going to call abortion Murder, then we really need to change the definiton of murder legally. As it stands, at least in Texas if I recall correctly, you have to be born and alive to be considered a human being, and murder is the illegal killing of a person who is born and alive.

So then we get into the moral aspect of it... highly debatable issue. Personal beliefs are as varied and strongly vocalized as any religion. Personally, I don't encourage abortion, I don't think it is a birth control option, but I can't see forcing a woman to have a baby she doesnt want.

But then there is the other issue, what if the man wants the baby and the woman does not? Why does he have no say in the birth, but held financially responsible if she chooses to have it. About as fair as the current tax laws.. 

James

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 08:09:17 AM »
Wasn't Scot Peterson found guilty of Double Murder? (One for him killing his wife, and one for killing his unborn child)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 11:09:26 AM »
Wasn't Scot Peterson found guilty of Double Murder? (One for him killing his wife, and one for killing his unborn child)

It's possible. Some states have that law on the books. Relatively new, that if you kill a pregnant woman you can be charged with the murder. Not sure it made it to the supreme court yet. 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 12:40:01 PM »
End of story, if you have an abortion you are killing a person.  There are very few exceptions to that fact.
thankfully you are not in charge.
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2011, 12:45:55 PM »
They are not a person until they are about 10 weeks along.

Before then, do whatever you want.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 01:53:19 PM »
They are not a person until they are about 10 weeks along.

Before then, do whatever you want.

nobody has yet to define "person"

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 03:13:59 PM »
nobody has yet to define "person"

per·son/ˈpərsən/Noun
1. A human being regarded as an individual.

newmom

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2011, 03:32:20 PM »
It's possible. Some states have that law on the books. Relatively new, that if you kill a pregnant woman you can be charged with the murder. Not sure it made it to the supreme court yet. 

But that unborn child could of lived outside of her womb he was almost 36 weeks old. Some states define a unborn child that can live outside the womb without any assistance.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2011, 06:00:14 PM »
per·son/ˈpərsən/Noun
1. A human being regarded as an individual.

You know just as well as I do that is not a valid definition. When is a human being regarded as an individual? When does personhood begin? What are the traits of a person that matter? If everything that is human and alive has a right to life, then by definition it would be immoral to kill cancer cells which are human and alive. Etc etc.

Even if the fetus is a "person", is it still immoral to kill it in all circumstances? What about the right to self defense if the baby poses a risk to the mothers health? Some argue that even if the fetus is a person then there are times when killing would be permissible (see article I posted the link to earlier in this thread).

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2011, 06:39:53 PM »
You know just as well as I do that is not a valid definition. When is a human being regarded as an individual? When does personhood begin? What are the traits of a person that matter? If everything that is human and alive has a right to life, then by definition it would be immoral to kill cancer cells which are human and alive. Etc etc.

Even if the fetus is a "person", is it still immoral to kill it in all circumstances? What about the right to self defense if the baby poses a risk to the mothers health? Some argue that even if the fetus is a person then there are times when killing would be permissible (see article I posted the link to earlier in this thread).

Who am I to argue against Webster.

Also, I don't think a fetus is a person at early stages.  If it was a person, it wouldn't be a fetus, it would be a "person".