Author Topic: Tavis Smiley and Cornel West go on nationwide Obama-Bash Tour over his failures.  (Read 11970 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
if he does that then he'd have nothing to say ::)

I prefer the humbled and sane McWay that we saw for about 24 hours after the election

A few days later he doubled down on crazy and has been going full blast ever since

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I prefer the humbled and sane McWay that we saw for about 24 hours after the election

A few days later he doubled down on crazy and has been going full blast ever since

Lol so true :D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

you know..I was thinking the same thing......he WAS pretty interesting right after the election then he melted down as you said after a week or so and has kept it going....I'm starting to think McWay is actually a shared account like gh15 and there are different guys posting ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
LOL

Hey McWay - if you want to pretend that Obama's first term was a failure to make you feel better about the complete and abject failures of your own party then go right ahead.  

Back in reality we know that virtually everything (world wide credit market, US stock market, US employment, US Real Estate, etc... are all much better than the day he took office).    You can spare me the long winded delusional tirade.  Obama is POTUS for the next four years so your party has about 3 years to find that perfect, super conservative right wing dream candidate that you're sure the voters are just clamoring for and then your party will have a triumphant return where they will do doubt bring the country to the brink of destruction yet again only to be saved by the Dems yet another time

OH, you mean "tirades", like pointing out the fact that Obama DID NOT:

- Cut the deficit in half in his first term
- Keep unemployment under 8%
- Close Gitmo, a year after his exectuitive order was signed
- Keep his word aroud not raising taxes on the middle class
- Reform immigration his first year
- Keep healthcare premums low
- Ensure people could keep their healthcare plans, if they liked them.

Virtually everything is better under Obama...You mean like gas prices, food prices, unemployment rates, immigration, healthcare premiums, black and Latino unemployment, unemployment for women, youth, etc.?

Remind me what those rates were, when Obama took office vs. what they are NOW!!

And, that's just the short list.

The fact that you, Andre, and other libs were daft enough to vote for Obama again, despite those failures, is no fault of mine.

Based on your criticisms of Bush, the concept of a failed president getting a second term shouldn't be a big stretch to you.

I prospered well, during the Bush years, excluding the last one. And, since I'm neither rich nor white, you and Andre can spare me the usual lefty bilge about the GOP being just for wealthy Caucasians.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
you know..I was thinking the same thing......he WAS pretty interesting right after the election then he melted down as you said after a week or so and has kept it going....I'm starting to think McWay is actually a shared account like gh15 and there are different guys posting ;D

PLEASE!!

Contrary to what you and Straw may think, I'm the same guys I've always been. Nothing changed from the aftermath of the election until now.

As I said, I've seen this story before. It was but 8 years ago, only the GOP was on the other side of the equation. Conservatives thought, much as you and Straw do now, that they had Washington locked for years to come. But, just two years later, they lost Congress; then they lost the White House after that.

When Obama's failures truly manifest themselves, we coul see the same bloodletting in 2014 and 2016, that we saw in 2006 and 2008.

Then, what excuses are you and Straw going to make, when gas prices are still high, jobs are still scarce, healthcare premiums are skyrocketing, etc.?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
OH, you mean "tirades", like pointing out the fact that Obama DID NOT:

- Cut the deficit in half in his first term
- Keep unemployment under 8%
- Close Gitmo, a year after his exectuitive order was signed
- Keep his word aroud not raising taxes on the middle class
- Reform immigration his first year
- Keep healthcare premums low
- Ensure people could keep their healthcare plans, if they liked them.

And, that's just the short list.

The fact that you, Andre, and other libs were daft enough to vote for Obama again, despite those failures, is no fault of mine.

Based on your criticisms of Bush, the concept of a failed president getting a second term shouldn't be a big stretch to you.

UE was 7.8% just prior to his re-election
There was no tax increase on the middle class
Health Ins. premium have gone down (I cut mine by more then 50%)

As for the others I doubt "some" of the claims you've assigned to Obama but it doesn't really matter because you've become like other posters on this board and just live in a land of make believe

For example, regarding UE, we've talked about this many times before you and you know (though you choose to deny) that UE was below 8%

That's a undeniable fact yet you choose to pretend it didn't happen

what's the point of talking about anything when you live in a state of denial bordering on mental illness

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

As for the others I doubt "some" of the claims you've assigned to Obama but it doesn't really matter because you've become like other posters on this board and just live in a land of make believe

For example, regarding UE, we've talked about this many times before you and you know (though you choose to deny) that UE was below 8%

what's the point of talking about anything when you live in a state of denial bordering on mental illness

LMFAO!!!!! 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

It was never supposed to exceed 8% AT ALL, thanks to his stimulus. It was 8% or higher for NEARLY ALL OF HIS FIRST TERM (as predicted, it would dip under 8% just in time for the 2012 election).

Wrong again! Try ObamaCare, for starters. It was ruled as a tax and defended as such to save it, in court.

Not even close. Premiums have gone up by an average of over $2000. But don't take my word for it:

During Obama’s term, between 2009 to 2012, premiums have climbed $2,370 for the average family with an employer-provided plan – a rate faster than the during the previous four years under President George W. Bush, according to Kaiser.

Investor’s Business Daily’s John Merline was first to note the difference in premiums climbing faster under Obama than the previous four years under Bush.

Experts point to rising health care costs as the driver of increased individual spending and higher premiums.

During the 2008 campaign and health care reform debate in 2009, President Obama said repeatedly that his plan would bend the cost curve downward, ultimately saving the average family $2,500 per year.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/rising-health-costs-undermine-obama-pledge-to-curb-trend/

They're assigned to Obama, because his economic team MADE THE CLAIMS ON HIS BEHALF and he did nothing to dispute their findings. As usual, you're making excuses, because those claims didn't come to fruition and, like the cowardly president you support, you want Obama to take credit for policies when they work but run from them when they don't

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
It was never supposed to exceed 8% AT ALL, thanks to his stimulus. It was 8% or higher for NEARLY ALL OF HIS FIRST TERM (as predicted, it would dip under 8% just in time for the 2012 election).

Wrong again! Try ObamaCare, for starters. It was ruled as a tax and defended as such to save it, in court.

Not even close. Premiums have gone up by an average of over $2000. But don't take my word for it:

During Obama’s term, between 2009 to 2012, premiums have climbed $2,370 for the average family with an employer-provided plan – a rate faster than the during the previous four years under President George W. Bush, according to Kaiser.

Investor’s Business Daily’s John Merline was first to note the difference in premiums climbing faster under Obama than the previous four years under Bush.

Experts point to rising health care costs as the driver of increased individual spending and higher premiums.

During the 2008 campaign and health care reform debate in 2009, President Obama said repeatedly that his plan would bend the cost curve downward, ultimately saving the average family $2,500 per year.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/rising-health-costs-undermine-obama-pledge-to-curb-trend/

They're assigned to Obama, because his economic team MADE THE CLAIMS ON HIS BEHALF and he did nothing to dispute their findings. As usual, you're making excuses, because those claims didn't come to fruition and, like the cowardly president you support, you want Obama to take credit for policies when they work but run from them when they don't

my premium went down

there was no tax increase on the middle class (btw - I'm surprised you didn't trot out your willfully idiotic claim about payroll tax along with the idiotic claim about health insurance)

UE was 7.8% prior to re-election.

I always get a laugh when you say things like UE "was never supposed" to exceed 8% as if there is some rule or law that controls things like UE.
UE was over 8% within a few months of him taking office and BEFORE anything he did was put in place.  Idiots like you just choose to ignore reality.  This is why it's pointless to talk to people such as yourself. 
My time would be better spent teaching my dog a card trick

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
my premium went down

there was no tax increase on the middle class (btw - I'm surprised you didn't trot out your willfully idiotic claim about payroll tax along with the idiotic claim about health insurance)

I always get a laugh when you say things like UE "was never supposed" to exceed 8% as if there is some rule or law that controls things like UE.
UE was over 8% within a few months of him taking office and BEFORE anything he did was put in place.  Idiots like you just choose to ignore reality.  This is why it's pointless to talk to people such as yourself. 

According to O-TWINK - its supposed to be less than 6% by now. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LMFAO!!!!! 

yeah, crazy people laugh alot, especially at really inappropriate times

You seem to believe that a democratically elected POTUS is a "communist junta"

LOL.   How about you refute what I said - you can't.   W years were way better for most than under the current communist junta

So, the only conclusion a sane person can come to is that you're either profoundly ignorant or mentally ill

Seriously, just by a literal definition of that term those are the only conclusions..... or a combination of the two

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
According to O-TWINK - its supposed to be less than 6% by now. 

so you believe humans have the ability to have absolute control over things like the economy

I guess you think Obama must be some kind of god

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
so you believe humans have the ability to have absolute control over things like the economy

I guess you think Obama must be some kind of god

Obama had the ability to predict that if we implemented his plan, which we did UE would be at sub 6%.  Either he lied or he was incredibly wrong, mostly likely both. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Obama had the ability to predict that if we implemented his plan, which we did UE would be at sub 6%.  Either he lied or he was incredibly wrong, mostly likely both. 

apparently you're not familiar with the definition of the word "predict" or "projection" and also not familiar with the time of that "projection"

again, dude, no offense but you're either very very stupid or mentally ill

no point in trying to have a rationale conversation with you

Let's get real.   You may not be mentally ill (though I seriously think it's possible) but you're profoundly simple minded and not someone worthy of my time on a topic like this or likely most any topic.   Maybe we can have a discussion about which protein powder tasty or something like that but that's about the limits of your intelligence, and again it may not be your fault.  It could be an organic problem in your brain

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
apparently you're not familiar with the definition of the word "predict" or "projection" and also not familiar with the time of that "projection"

Let's get real.   You may not be mentally ill (though I seriously think it's possible) but you're profoundly simple minded and not someone worthy of my time on a topic like this or likely most any topic.   Maybe we can have a discussion about which protein powder tasty or something like that but that's about the limits of your intelligence, and again it may not be your fault.  It could be an organic problem in your brain

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
my premium went down

Mine went up!

I don't have to do so. The main ones complaining about it are your fellow Obama worshippers. Somehow, they got the impression that only those EEEEVVVVIIILLL rich people were going to get bilked. I wonder how that happened.  ::)

Yeah! ONE MONTH, prior to re-election (which Rush Limbaugh predicted would happen almost a year in advance).

UE was over 8% within a few months of him taking office and BEFORE anything he did was put in place.  Idiots like you just choose to ignore reality.  This is why it's pointless to talk to people such as yourself.  

And, numbskulls like you avoid the reality that, AFTER Obama put those things in place, unemplyment not only went over 8%, it stayed over 8% from that time until just ONE MONTH before the election. And, Obama's party had complete control of Washington the first two years of his first term.

It got so bad that even the media (in the tank for Obama, since day one) had to admit that the main reason for unemployment lowering was PEOPLE STOPPED LOOKING FOR WORK, not due to Obama's wonderful policies.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Let's get real.   You may not be mentally ill (though I seriously think it's possible) but you're profoundly simple minded and not someone worthy of my time on a topic like this or likely most any topic.   Maybe we can have a discussion about which protein powder tasty or something like that but that's about the limits of your intelligence, and again it may not be your fault.  It could be an organic problem in your brain

And what happens when projections don't go as advertised again?

Funny!! When certain political pundits' projections didn't go as they said they would, you had nothing but ridicule for them.

Yet, when Obama's economic team projections go belly up, you've got more excuses than a convict, heading back to jail.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
No, they weren't. In fact, the problems WORSENED when Dem officials were put in charge.

I wouldn't say fantastic, based on the last year or so.

What's Obama's excuse Or what's it going to be, when he fails in his second term, as he did in his first terms (with still high unemployment, enery prices, healthcare premiums, etc)?

What FRAUD? The votes were tallied and Bush WON.

Quite frankly, I was happy! As 333386 stated:

Lower gas prices (except for 2008, which was fixed quickly)
Lower food prices

lower health care prices
lower food prices
lower unemployment
lower inflation
lower weekly layoffs
lower people on food stamps and welfare

What's Obama's excuse?

And despite this he got reelected.

I wonder why..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
And despite this he got reelected.

I wonder why..

Guilt ridden whites
welfare cases
govt workers
parasites and locusts of society

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
LMFAO!!!!! 

Dont laugh at Mcway's mental illness. Its rude.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Guilt ridden whites
welfare cases
govt workers

Sure.

And the other 47% how would you describe them?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Guilt ridden whites
welfare cases
govt workers

Coupled with what Pat Caddell coined as the worst campaign he'd ever seen in his life, regarding Romney's bid for the presidency, due in part to:

- Not going for Obama's throat
- Countering all the bogus claims of Obama's acolytes
- Not pushing more on the social issues, alienating the social conservatives
- Clobbering Obama in the first debate but not finishing him off in the next two (especially the last one on foreign policy, in the wake of Benghazi).

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Coupled with what Pat Caddell coined as the worst campaign he'd ever seen in his life, regarding Romney's bid for the presidency, due in part to:

- Not going for Obama's throat
- Countering all the bogus claims of Obama's acolytes
- Not pushing more on the social issues, alienating the social conservatives
- Clobbering Obama in the first debate but not finishing him off in the next two (especially the last one on foreign policy, in the wake of Benghazi).

He went at Obamas throat and beyond plenty of lies from the campaign.

Are you high?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
He went at Obamas throat and beyond plenty of lies from the campaign.

Are you high?

Apparently, you missed the 3rd debate. Whatever you're smoking, lay off it. It's frying your memory.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
wrong again on almost everything but who gives a shit

certainly not you

Really. Then show us where gas prices were lower under Obama than they were under Bush (Good luck with that one, especially they were under a dollar per gallon in states like Florida and Georgia).

Or food prices were lower under Obama than under Bush.

Here are the other items 333386 listed:

lower health care prices
lower food prices
lower unemployment
lower inflation
lower weekly layoffs
lower people on food stamps and welfare