Author Topic: Jon Delarosa and Victor Martinez one week before the USAs - video  (Read 10915 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
Re: Jon Delarosa and Victor Martinez one week before the USAs - video
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2011, 04:12:30 PM »

one more thing, what is your opinion on how hard this individual works on a daily basis, dieting, working, training, surely you can recognize the commitment, discipline hardship that goes with it?

Good posts, as always, 1.

The way these videos portray bodybuilding, as if the only virtue in it comes from brutal sacrifice and endless self-torture -- the will to destroy yourself for something "higher" -- is FUCKING DISGUSTING.  Kids who watch these things are horribly misled.  There is nothing noble about what you are doing.  You are injecting needles in your ass and spending absurd amounts of mental and physical effort to "pick things up and put them down" so that, at the end of the day, you can live with a "perfect body" which is the envy of everyone else (or so you tell yourself).  Attempting to sanctify this process by ignoring what is actually being done (lifting weights, gorging your face, injecting hormones) and speaking only of "hard work," "discipline," and "self-sacrifice" isn't noble, IT'S PATHETIC.  And, just as it's said about jews, women, etc., a weightlifter by any other name is still just that -- a person who lifts weights so that they can look better than everyone else.

At least be honest with yourself, even if you are in the cult of lies, and can't bring yourself to be truthful with others.  To be so ashamed of your desires that you have to sublimate them like this... is sad.  Very sad.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2011, 04:18:36 PM »
Victor always has my support

looks awesome just sitting there

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2011, 04:31:24 PM »

I've read the same stories about Olympic athletes, football players, and just about any other industry you can think of...people overcoming obstacles in life...choosing a sport or interest to try and keep a focus on something other than getting in trouble, stealing, etc..

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2011, 04:38:36 PM »
I've read the same stories about Olympic athletes, football players, and just about any other industry you can think of...people overcoming obstacles in life...choosing a sport or interest to try and keep a focus on something other than getting in trouble, stealing, etc..

Exactly..going by his theory then we should just sit on our behinds and watch TV because everything out there is pointless. People just don't get it

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2011, 04:42:17 PM »
First, you don't need to be a hero and spend a fraction of your life trying to save the bodybuilding community from their "curse" It's non of your business that someone else has the desire to challenge themselves and take their body to the extreme because they like bodybuilding

All you told me there is that it is none of my business what anyone does.

second, your argument about money is dumb, no one gets into bodybuilding for money, and if you can't afford to do so then, once again it's non of your business, go tell the average person with an average income not to spend money an a corvette, or don't take a vacation cause they can't afford it, or don't pay for a hobby cause it is out of their income range.

All you told me there is that it is none of my business what anyone does.

I just don't understand your post without thinking that you have an agenda, a hatred towards bodybuilding while spending time on a bodybuilding site...what are you trying to accomplish... do you think people will think twice about bodybuilding based on your insight or are you rambling out of jealousy cause you try to look like some of these guys but couldn't cut it....fill me in on what motivates you to taking time off your successful life (as stated above in your post) to post how shameful a bodybuilders lifestyle is.

A hatred towards bodybuilding?  My dear friend, my husband and I have sponsored a large amount (20+) of NPC athletes during their bodybuilding careers.  Hatred?  I'd say I have a very dear place in my heart for the "sport" of bodybuilding.

Regarding your notion of probable jealousy (wanting to look like these guys), please understand that "these guys" are outcasts in society.  No one would hire these guys besides a: security company, law enforcement, construction companies, UPS, Fed Ex, Elevator shaft repair companies and a bunch of other manual labor-type industries.  

I don't want to look like any of them, I actually prefer the build of Ryan Reynolds or Brad Pitt, a build that looks non-intimidating and normal in everyday clothes.

Why do I care so much?  I'll tell you.  I'm one of those men that your so-called "pros" have come to when in times of trouble.  When your big supplement companies drop these guys due to bad placing or "questionable activities" that lead to legal problems, they resort to folks like me to discuss "options".  When some of the more famous IFBB pros in the NYC area went sour on their many debts to society (IRS, Landlords etc..), they come to me to help them fix their shortcomings by way of proper IRS form manipulation and legal handling of their many subpoenas.

Put it to you this way, my dear friend....  You guys get rid of all the "GAY" affluent men, like myself, behind the scenes who support you guys and continue to pour money into the "sport" hand over fist and you can just kiss this sport goodbye.

one more thing, what is your opinion on how hard this individual works on a daily basis, dieting, working, training, surely you can recognize the commitment, discipline hardship that goes with it?

For that question, I will direct you to a very eloquent post made by cephissus, this is my sentiment exact:

The way these videos portray bodybuilding, as if the only virtue in it comes from brutal sacrifice and endless self-torture -- the will to destroy yourself for something "higher" -- is FUCKING DISGUSTING.  Kids who watch these things are horribly misled.  There is nothing noble about what you are doing.  You are injecting needles in your ass and spending absurd amounts of mental and physical effort to "pick things up and put them down" so that, at the end of the day, you can live with a "perfect body" which is the envy of everyone else (or so you tell yourself).  Attempting to sanctify this process by ignoring what is actually being done (lifting weights, gorging your face, injecting hormones) and speaking only of "hard work," "discipline," and "self-sacrifice" isn't noble, IT'S PATHETIC.  And, just as it's said about jews, women, etc., a weightlifter by any other name is still just that -- a person who lifts weights so that they can look better than everyone else.

At least be honest with yourself, even if you are in the cult of lies, and can't bring yourself to be truthful with others.  To be so ashamed of your desires that you have to sublimate them like this... is sad.  Very sad.

Again, nothing personal "OneTimeHard" (I do like your screen name by the way), but you were the one that decided to insult me by presuming that I was just another random poster with 16-inch arms and no abs to speak of..
"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2011, 04:48:58 PM »
P.S. Another reason why I care about these guys is because on occasion, they do take time off of their busy schedules and make their way up to our condo in the Tribeca area for a private posing session. A posing session, with no touching of any sort, that always allows them to walk away with prize money that is higher than any first place prize on any of the major IFBB shows (excluding the Olympia & Arnold).

"1"

Stavios

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2011, 04:51:55 PM »
 :o :o :o

some fucked up revelation made my onemorerep here

so in short, onemorerep is like a powerfull version of baygbm  8)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2011, 04:56:22 PM »
:o :o :o

some fucked up revelation made my onemorerep here

so in short, onemorerep is like a powerfull version of baygbm  8)

BayGBM is an extremely powerful and good looking gay man.  Our paths haven't crossed because my activities are restricted to the East Coast, whereas I think he is primarily based on the West Coast.

"1"

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2011, 05:05:32 PM »

And it's just as sad in those cases you mention.  Popular thought only considers laborers as "good folks."  Everyone else is a thief of some sort.

Why can't we just marvel at his physique?   Because it's vain?  Yes: it has to be made acceptable and can only be appreciated as a product of dedication to an ideal.  We are slaves to guiding spirits, to ideals.  To outside "guiding forces" which direct our "poor, wretched souls" to salvation.

The bodybuilder SHOULD be above such things.  He wants a great body, and he gets it!  That is his achievement.  Not gruelingly stuffing dry chicken and rice down his throat, not slavishly blasting his muscles, not picking up massive weights.  These are by-products.  And yet bodybuilders everywhere are forced to bow down to the stupidity of the people, and pretend they too are only good by virtue of their "hard work" -- which, as I've pointed out before, is usually not hard at all, because they love to do it.

In the end, we honor not the physique, but the "work" behind it.  So kids grow up thinking that this work is what is important, and not actually the enjoyment of building a superior body (and whether a superior body is built at all even becomes inconsequential, in the worst case).  They endeavor to make the work as hard and miserable as possible so they might achieve the best physique possible, and perhaps even more importantly, the most honorable physique possible.  It's a sad state of affairs, considering the origin of bodybuilding: building a better body than the next guy, making yourself look better than him.  There's nothing "honorable" in the modern sense about this, and so it will never agree, despite the disgusting efforts of moralizers everywhere, with all the bogus speech about "hard work" and "dedication."

The bodybuilder is made ashamed of himself, and turned into a liar precisely by this process.  Why does anyone have trouble admitting drug use?  Because it shatters the illusion of superior character ("genetics") first, and detracts from one's "good, honest work" second.  Why does anyone lie about how much weight they can lift, or how much time they spend in the gym, or how much they eat?  None of this makes any difference to the physique, after all!  But if they don't eat 8 times a day, if they don't train once in the morning and once at night, if they don't have "real muscles" which can lift "heavy weights," then they are no longer enviable in the eyes of the common laborer, who is ubiquitous and understands only these virtues, and otherwise would give no honor to the bodybuilder whatsoever.  In fact he actively looks to degrade him at all times, being jealous of his body, and has almost completely succeeded with his newfound knowledge of steroids.  Now that the average man knows about steroids, the guise of the "hard working, virtuous athlete" has been almost entirely stripped from the bodybuilder, and he is widely seen as a drug addicted narcissist with severe mental problems.

It's too bad the bodybuilder can't accept himself.  He only makes his case worse by trying to trick everyone with his appeals to laborer/slave virtues... it's a thin disguise, and easily seen through at this point.  Instead of being a direct liar in addition to a shady fraud, he should make like Groink and appeal to his physical superiority, which eats constantly at the hearts of his detractors.

Stavios

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2011, 05:13:44 PM »
BayGBM is an extremely powerful and good looking gay man.  Our paths haven't crossed because my activities are restricted to the East Coast, whereas I think he is primarily based on the West Coast.

"1"

so Bay is kinda like Ed Connor, and you are kinda like Bruce Wayne

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2011, 05:21:12 PM »
Again, nothing personal "OneTimeHard" (I do like your screen name by the way), but you were the one that decided to insult me by presuming that I was just another random poster with 16-inch arms and no abs to speak of..

Ok then, I will give you the benefit of the daubt, but logically you can't deny that others come here and make fun of bodybuilders for reasons different then yours. most people who do make fun of bodybuilder are not big and usually out of shape.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2011, 05:26:56 PM »
Ok then, I will give you the benefit of the daubt, but logically you can't deny that others come here and make fun of bodybuilders for reasons different then yours. most people who do make fun of bodybuilder are not big and usually out of shape.

I'm glad we can make peace from this.  

Trust me, as Bobby made reference to in his post:

You're usually pretty spot on your posts...

....I usually am spot on with my quality posts regarding the sport and I'm in no way trying to defraud anyone in this "sport".

I just think I have a pretty good eye for talent and while this kid has the heart of a lion, we both know that it isn't enough at times.

Either way, I do wish him and all of the local & state competitors on this site the best of luck in their endeavours and will continue to help as best as I can by way of sponsorships..

"1"

Dogma2010

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2011, 05:29:28 PM »
Wait so does this mean you're like the gay version of Richard Gere in Pretty Woman. Do you take them on shopping trips to Prada and Gucci too :)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2011, 05:30:42 PM »
so Bay is kinda like Ed Connor, and you are kinda like Bruce Wayne

If you're insinuating that I might often times run around New York City in the middle of the night, wearing nothing but a spandex bodysuit and a long cape, then yes, you are correct in your assumptions.

I wouldn't categorize Bay that easily.  I am sure he has his own thoughts on things, but around these parts, I am but a helping hand to up and coming talent.

"1"

Stavios

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2011, 05:31:42 PM »
Wait so does this mean you're like the gay version of Richard Gere in Pretty Woman. Do you take them on shopping trips to Prada and Gucci too :)

he is like the gay version of Bruce Wayne, but instead of behing Batman and fighting crime at night he gives "corrections" to bad bodybuilders  ;D

Stavios

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2011, 05:32:24 PM »
If you're insinuating that I might often times run around New York City in the middle of the night, wearing nothing but a spandex bodysuit and a long cape, then yes, you are correct in your assumptions.

I wouldn't categorize Bay that easily.  I am sure he has his own thoughts on things, but around these parts, I am but a helping hand to up and coming talent.

"1"

;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2011, 05:32:42 PM »

I didn't think there was anything but a GAY version of Richard Gere in that movie.  Maybe, I am mistaken?

No shopping spree here friend, usually the bodybuilder brings the goods that are for sale..
"1"

Dogma2010

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2011, 05:35:27 PM »
The bodybuilder brings the goods that are for sale....

:o   Oh the seedy underbelly of bodybuilding...

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2011, 05:36:27 PM »
I'm glad we can make peace from this.  

Trust me, as Bobby made reference to in his post:

....I usually am spot on with my quality posts regarding the sport and I'm in no way trying to defraud anyone in this "sport".

I just think I have a pretty good eye for talent and while this kid has the heart of a lion, we both know that it isn't enough at times.

Either way, I do wish him and all of the local & state competitors on this site the best of luck in their endeavours and will continue to help as best as I can by way of sponsorships..

"1"

Well, your post are pretty sincere, although you stirred up a few haters, sometime they get out of hand... 8)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2011, 05:39:51 PM »
Well, your post are pretty sincere, although you stirred up a few haters, sometime they get out of hand... 8)

Thank you. 

Hopefully one day we can meet at one of the local IFBB pro shows in NYC or on the eastern coast.

Best of luck!
"1"

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2011, 06:04:32 PM »

yes, through the years of looking at these bodybuilding boards, myself being a young delusionite (true adonis term) looking for "cutes", and one more rep apparently just scouting for "talent", we've talked often.

no, not about fisting or whatever gays talk about, more business related, finance, real estate, etc. stuff as we've now both been through real estate/ finance booms and busts that we're both somewhat involved in (1 more than myself, as mine's a little more than a hobby).

anyways, his thoughts are usually spot on, and i think i can translate for you bottom bitches on what he's saying:

1. the elevator repairman job - it's not some shit job it used to be; the unions have a monopoly on elevator work, as elevators are in high rises, which in big cities (and especially new york) are union maintained, which means excellent pay and benefits, for dudes with no college education.  so if this kid decides to pursue it, and with a little more effort than showing up on time, can make a 30 year career out of it, as elevator companies usually have maintenance contracts with buildings (because inspections have to be done annually).  meaning, if you're hired by an elevator company, it's most likely because they absolutely had to hire you and need the manpower, not just to satisfy a short term need (how many high rises are being built in nyc today?)

2. young bodybuilders are absolutely in it for the money and fame.  yes, we all know there's no money and fame at all, but they don't.  i'm sure he's seen victor or whoever his idol is around some "powerful" men (which are closer to a gay sponsor like '1' than bloomberg, but i digress), and thinks he'll get the same.  when asked why he'd be around a shadeball like victor, he'd say some spew victor told him, "all lies, etc".

3. bob saying that a select few ruin the bastion of purity that is bodybuilding is just a lie.  just type in "bodybuilding" into youtube.  the first 100 hits are dudes 17-25 posing in their underwear.  when i type "nfl" into youtube i don't get softcore porn.

4. also...*insert top nfl, nba, mlb player of choice name here* never fucked a grapefruit.

so yes, it's a niche sub-culture that is heavily supported by gay men (who "sponsor" the athletes drugs) and impressionable teens aged 13-16 who buy the supplements with their allowance.  the same can not be said for professional athlets, who command a very high premium by adults for sporting tickets that don't take place on a sunday night at the local high school.

*waiting for chick to say football is as gay as bodybuilding because they wear spandex on the field*
Deep Tissue Massage

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2011, 07:42:46 PM »
yes, through the years of looking at these bodybuilding boards, myself being a young delusionite (true adonis term) looking for "cutes", and one more rep apparently just scouting for "talent", we've talked often.

no, not about fisting or whatever gays talk about, more business related, finance, real estate, etc. stuff as we've now both been through real estate/ finance booms and busts that we're both somewhat involved in (1 more than myself, as mine's a little more than a hobby).

anyways, his thoughts are usually spot on, and i think i can translate for you bottom bitches on what he's saying:

1. the elevator repairman job - it's not some shit job it used to be; the unions have a monopoly on elevator work, as elevators are in high rises, which in big cities (and especially new york) are union maintained, which means excellent pay and benefits, for dudes with no college education.  so if this kid decides to pursue it, and with a little more effort than showing up on time, can make a 30 year career out of it, as elevator companies usually have maintenance contracts with buildings (because inspections have to be done annually).  meaning, if you're hired by an elevator company, it's most likely because they absolutely had to hire you and need the manpower, not just to satisfy a short term need (how many high rises are being built in nyc today?)

no question the elevator repair business has it's ups and downs... ;D

2. young bodybuilders are absolutely in it for the money and fame.  yes, we all know there's no money and fame at all, but they don't.  i'm sure he's seen victor or whoever his idol is around some "powerful" men (which are closer to a gay sponsor like '1' than bloomberg, but i digress), and thinks he'll get the same.  when asked why he'd be around a shadeball like victor, he'd say some spew victor told him, "all lies, etc".

LOl...bullshit. The kids today have access to info we didn't years ago via the Internet...they are  MUCH more educated as to the realities of life, etc...

3. bob saying that a select few ruin the bastion of purity that is bodybuilding is just a lie.  just type in "bodybuilding" into youtube.  the first 100 hits are dudes 17-25 posing in their underwear.  when i type "nfl" into youtube i don't get softcore porn.

"bodybuilding" is a pretty general term...of course a bunch of shit is going to come up...NFL is specific.  type in IFBB see if you get the same....type in SEX...see what comes up

4. also...*insert top nfl, nba, mlb player of choice name here* never fucked a grapefruit.

nope...just raped, killed, dog fighting, cocaine, etc, etc.....I'm thinking violating produce is pretty low on that list....to most people.

so yes, it's a niche sub-culture that is heavily supported by gay men (who "sponsor" the athletes drugs) and impressionable teens aged 13-16 who buy the supplements with their allowance.  the same can not be said for professional athlets, who command a very high premium by adults for sporting tickets that don't take place on a sunday night at the local high school.

no question some of that exists..as I already stated....point being, that MOST pros don't. it's clearly the exception, not the rule...but you believe whatever you want...

*waiting for chick to say football is as gay as bodybuilding because they wear spandex on the field*

Neither are gay, but I'm sure that there is an equal amount of gays in both....besides, with names like " tight end" and " wide receiver" and a quarterback receiving the ol pigskin as he's palming another mans balls...

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2011, 01:54:46 AM »
Neither are gay, but I'm sure that there is an equal amount of gays in both....besides, with names like " tight end" and " wide receiver" and a quarterback receiving the ol pigskin as he's palming another mans balls...

Resorting to irony in hopes of dismissing a good post. I'd say you're witty. But not witty enough to adress the fact that Pro Bbing seems sponsored either by crooks selling bogus supplements or schmoes. BTW, how do you make a living, Chick? That will "spell" it as you asked earlier.

newmom

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2011, 03:35:44 AM »
looks awesome just sitting there

yup...always was my top 3 favs

newmom

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2011, 03:36:25 AM »
Thank you. 

Hopefully one day we can meet at one of the local IFBB pro shows in NYC or on the eastern coast.

Best of luck!
"1"

:-\ ;D