Author Topic: Single Dietary Change  (Read 1246 times)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Single Dietary Change
« on: July 26, 2011, 04:51:04 PM »
I have determined, based in part on posts I have read here, based in part on conversations with folks already in great shape, that in order to better reach my fitness goals, I need to make some dietary changes.

I have also read that it is nearly impossible to make multiple, radical changes, and to stick with them.  So my question is, what would be the best single dietary change to make?  I'm guessing that once I make one, it will be sustainable to make another, and build success on success. 

Thank you in advance.
~

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Single Dietary Change
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 05:23:19 PM »
I have determined, based in part on posts I have read here, based in part on conversations with folks already in great shape, that in order to better reach my fitness goals, I need to make some dietary changes.

What, exactly, are your goals: are you looking to build muscle, lose fat, both, etc.?

You may wish to post this question on the nutrition board.
We have some very good, knowledgeable posters over there.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 05:27:41 PM »

What, exactly, are your goals: are you looking to build muscle, lose fat, both, etc.?

You may wish to post this question on the nutrition board.
We have some very good, knowledgeable posters over there.

I'm looking to lose weight and fat.  I should have thought about the nutrition board originally.  Thanks.
~

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 06:15:14 PM »

I have also read that it is nearly impossible to make multiple, radical changes, and to stick with them.  So my question is, what would be the best single dietary change to make?  I'm guessing that once I make one, it will be sustainable to make another, and build success on success. 

Thank you in advance.
I think one way to help the quality of your diet over time is to always tell yourself to make a better bad choice.

ok so you have to eat fast food for lunch one day, instead of going to mcdonalds go to chik fil a or get a grilled chicken sandwich at mcdonalds instead of a double quarter pounder with fries.

after a while you will notice yourself making better bad decisions more often. It also depends on how much progress you want to make and how much sacrifice youre willing to give.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 02:44:36 AM »
I think one way to help the quality of your diet over time is to always tell yourself to make a better bad choice.

ok so you have to eat fast food for lunch one day, instead of going to mcdonalds go to chik fil a or get a grilled chicken sandwich at mcdonalds instead of a double quarter pounder with fries.

after a while you will notice yourself making better bad decisions more often. It also depends on how much progress you want to make and how much sacrifice youre willing to give.

Excellent advice.  Thanks.
~