Author Topic: Fedor Emelianenko Open Workout (faces Dan henderson this weekend)  (Read 14354 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Fedor Emelianenko Open Workout (faces Dan henderson this weekend)
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 04:06:35 AM »
big payday for these guys. If the info I read is correct;

Fedor gets 1.5 mio$

Dan gets 800,000$

What's Mr. O first place. 200,000$?

:P

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 04:14:05 AM »

thats alot for not having any skills at all  ;D

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 05:04:59 AM »
At some point during that video, I saw a man with a very impressive beard.

Having never met the man or even heard of him, I can safely say that he is possibly a very dangerous man.  Just being capable of growing such a divine beard takes a level of discipline that is lacked by even that of the most seasoned fighters.

Being that Fedor has this man by his side, it is possible that a win is in line.

Fedor would be wise in keeping this man by his side at all times,
"1"
You are more ignorant than what I thought... Trying to be classy  ::) you just look plain stupid...
S

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 05:27:58 AM »

I would shit my pants if he would stare at me. lol

How come hes that "fat" although he does so much cardio and training?

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 05:30:28 AM »
Fedor deserves a lot of respect, but Hendo is an olympic-standard athlete who's never been KO'd from the pride days to now and has faced the best of the best. They are both on the down-slope, but my guess is fedor's decline will be faster as being out of shape for so many years has taken its toll.

Hendo will be able to wear him down on the feet if he survives the initial fedor explosion in the first as Fedor will be cautious of the big right to go in swinging and open up once hendo is settled in. Hendo might exploit his top-game with ground and pound same as Bigfoot if fedor is gassing (which is likely in 2nd or 3rd). Most of Hendo's losses come from subs, so unless Fedor can grab his arm from the bottom, it probably won't be his night.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2011, 05:34:00 AM »
Should be an awesome fight - pretty even match-up IMO.

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 05:45:35 AM »
pretty sure they scrapped the entire catchweight thing, and that it actually was a lie all along, from dans own mouth since he didnt want fedor to move down because fedor will still be 230 the day of the fight if the catchweight is 220 anyway. Fedor might have decided to try an lighter weight himself though for a potential moving down in weight, that we dont know.

But as of now Hendo will be around 206 and fedor 230. But hendo is hendo. So its not a "lose lose situation" for fedor. Beating hendo means soemthing.

TBH I don't consider a 206lb man to be at a distinct disadvantage against a 230lb man.
206lbs is 'big' in everyday terms.  In boxing it's 200 pounds plus for heavyweights anyway

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2011, 05:49:22 AM »

Looks small, and with that type of shitty training he will never make it far in the IFBB.

I predict last place at the Mr Olympia this year.

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2011, 08:10:27 AM »
Fedor deserves a lot of respect, but Hendo is an olympic-standard athlete who's never been KO'd from the pride days to now and has faced the best of the best. They are both on the down-slope, but my guess is fedor's decline will be faster as being out of shape for so many years has taken its toll.

Hendo will be able to wear him down on the feet if he survives the initial fedor explosion in the first as Fedor will be cautious of the big right to go in swinging and open up once hendo is settled in. Hendo might exploit his top-game with ground and pound same as Bigfoot if fedor is gassing (which is likely in 2nd or 3rd). Most of Hendo's losses come from subs, so unless Fedor can grab his arm from the bottom, it probably won't be his night.
lol fedor has never been out of shape.... sure he had lesser fights.. but out of shape..
being chubby does not mean you are out of shape in MMA.
it is not bb... lol!
a guy can look like shit and be a great fighter....
hendo is great... at wrestling... fedor is a sambo master... hendo has a killer right....
other then that, no real striking skills.... fedor has been on training camp in the Netherlands, i hope they upped his striking skills!
hendo indeed very hard to ko..... will be a fight for sure! i can't wait!

Fedor 1round tko... (i hope) lol! ;D
Be Happy,
Optimus

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2011, 08:12:34 AM »
Looks small, and with that type of shitty training he will never make it far in the IFBB.

;D
S

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2011, 08:19:09 AM »
big payday for these guys. If the info I read is correct;

Fedor gets 1.5 mio$

Dan gets 800,000$

actually looks better then most ufc salaries.....
does it include bonusses and stuff????
Be Happy,
Optimus

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2011, 08:23:05 AM »
lol fedor has never been out of shape.... sure he had lesser fights.. but out of shape..
being chubby does not mean you are out of shape in MMA.
it is not bb... lol!
a guy can look like shit and be a great fighter....
hendo is great... at wrestling... fedor is a sambo master... hendo has a killer right....
other then that, no real striking skills.... fedor has been on training camp in the Netherlands, i hope they upped his striking skills!
hendo indeed very hard to ko..... will be a fight for sure! i can't wait!

Fedor 1round tko... (i hope) lol! ;D

I'm not expecting striated glutes in MMA. But if you plan to last 15 minutes full tilt, you don't need excess fat cells putting strain on your system. Sure fighters can be chubby and perform well (frank mir has for the last few years) but Fedor doesn't have the kind of power that justifies that extra bulk. He was dog tired against Silva and just doesn't seem to have the kind of stamina and resilience needed to hang in today's mma game. If he goes into slow-mo against hendo, it'll be a duck-shoot KO.

James

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2011, 08:23:24 AM »

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2011, 08:31:54 AM »
I'm not expecting striated glutes in MMA. But if you plan to last 15 minutes full tilt, you don't need excess fat cells putting strain on your system. Sure fighters can be chubby and perform well (frank mir has for the last few years) but Fedor doesn't have the kind of power that justifies that extra bulk. He was dog tired against Silva and just doesn't seem to have the kind of stamina and resilience needed to hang in today's mma game. If he goes into slow-mo against hendo, it'll be a duck-shoot KO.
lot of chubby dudes at my dojo.... and they have very very good cardio.
and fedor has always been fighting guys that outweigh him, sometimes by a good 30 pounds or more...
that WILL gas you out alot faster then a guy your own weight...
rolling with a guy that is much heavier is exhausting!
against bigfoot he was not doing so bad! ... really... he never gave up... always can ko somebody even if he is hurt.
sure he got a beating, but he was not hopeless.
and he is only 34 or something.... plenty of time still!
i do agree though that for him in today's mma arena, he would be better of getting down to 205.
because he will always be a "little" heavyweight.

Be Happy,
Optimus

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2011, 08:38:42 AM »
and fedor has always been fighting guys that outweigh him, sometimes by a good 30 pounds or more...
against bigfoot he was not doing so bad! ... really... he never gave up... always can ko somebody even if he is hurt.
i do agree though that for him in today's mma arena, he would be better of getting down to 205.

He's got balls the size of grapefruit and didn't want to lose to a b-league fighter. But it wasn't very competitive when silva took the top position. Not saying hefty guys can't compete: I'm saying carrying around fedor levels of fat at the highest competitive level will age you fast.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2011, 09:38:37 AM »

Fedor needs to juice big time just like the other fighters do...
S

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2011, 09:47:22 AM »

Thanks for the laugh.  ;D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2011, 09:50:27 AM »
It amazes me that folks still believe how one appears can indicate with any degree of certainty their overall conditioning. To a certain degree, sure. But that Fedor is slightly bulky does nothing to indicate he's NOT in immaculate condition, as that attribute pertains to his chosen sport.

Conditioning is specific to a chosen athletic pursuit.

Don't think for one second that Fedor isn't in fantastic shape for what it is he does.

Some just don't sport abs or sinewy muscle. Doesn't mean shit.

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2011, 02:54:29 PM »
It amazes me that folks still believe how one appears can indicate with any degree of certainty their overall conditioning. To a certain degree, sure. But that Fedor is slightly bulky does nothing to indicate he's NOT in immaculate condition, as that attribute pertains to his chosen sport.

Conditioning is specific to a chosen athletic pursuit.

Don't think for one second that Fedor isn't in fantastic shape for what it is he does.

Some just don't sport abs or sinewy muscle. Doesn't mean shit.

finally somebody that gets it...  ;D

fedor is in topshape..... always was....
and also just because he is chubby, does not mean he is not on roids... he is.. every top athlete is!
look at barnett, a known user... looks like crap!
but hell of a fighter!
Be Happy,
Optimus

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2011, 08:32:44 PM »

His HAND-SPEED and BALANCE are STILL exceptional and he looks Very very Focused...hope Dan's payed up on the Dental Insurance..

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2011, 08:36:09 PM »
thanks for the vids this is a tough fight to choose cause I like both but hopefully Emelianenko, Fedor can redeem himself !! :D

suckmymuscle

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2011, 08:39:32 PM »
  As much as it pain me to admit it, I think Fedor will lose again. He declined dramatically over the last 5 years, probably due to inactivity.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2011, 09:19:24 PM »
  As much as it pain me to admit it, I think Fedor will lose again. He declined dramatically over the last 5 years, probably due to inactivity.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Yes, that's what i said already, he will place dead last.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2011, 09:24:45 PM »
Yes, that's what i said already, he will place dead last.

He should have asked for a rematch with Werdum, beat him senseless to show everyone that his loss was more of a fluke caused by impatience rather than lack of skills compared to Werdum, and then retire. I have a gut feeling that he will lose every fight from now on. He should have retired.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2011, 09:31:51 PM »
  He should have asked for a rematch with Werdum, beat him senseless to show everyone that his loss was more of a fluke caused by impatience rather than lack of skills compared to Werdum, and then retire. I have a gut feeling that he will lose every fight from now on. He should have retired.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

His bis are not comparable to anyone, i think even Yamagishi will beat him easily in the back poses.