Author Topic: what's the earliest you train  (Read 8321 times)

FlexGuns

• Getbig III
what's the earliest you train
« on: September 24, 2005, 04:04:40 AM »
sometimes i find myself at 4 in the morning still up thinking about the next couple hours before I get to train again. I usually sleep till at least 7 or 8 am but lateley i have been having trouble sleeping. I have tried sleep aids but it just still keeps me awake but groggy. I am thinking of waiting till 5 or 6 am to jump in the shower and go  do some cardio and a workout followed by a nice dry sauna. I am just curious,,what times do u people get up to train and do you ever experience having trouble sleeping. It's like i am tired but i cant fall asleep. thanks

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: what's the earliest you train
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »
the earliest i've ever trained was at 4am. bc i did an all nighter and just went. it was a great workout tho.  but at the normally in the afternoons. when i didnt fall sleep like a couple years i go. i would go train. when you cant sleep do something else then tost and turn. thas they true to full asleep. dont think about it and dont do coffee or exeriseing before bed time. i was going to sleep after my workouts to aid recovery but that not gonna work bc im too hypered up/pumed to fall asleep. you can have sex with you wife that what pro told my once. but sex doesnt go that to my. take a werm show. if you have a work like i do that doesnt mettetr when i get to work but have something done then you can go train but if your a 9-5 guy i would sleep.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 03:47:07 PM »
remeber that sooner or later your body will crash on u

runnerbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 04:55:14 PM »
Flex--
I've run 4 hours starting at 5 am in the summertime to avoid the heat when I was training for a marathon, and lifted as early as 6 am or 7.

I'm sure the experts here will jump in----, but if I have trouble sleeping that is not explained by illness, work stress, etc... that means I am overtraining and backing off a few days usually helps me refocus and relax enough to sleep.

Sweet dreams  ;D

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 05:17:44 PM »
I lift at 5:30am.  When I get to the gym there is a group of older guys (40+) that has already ran between 3.5 and 4 miles.  Theres a guy who runs to the gym from 4 miles away and then does his hour long weight training and then runs home.  He's like 45, I'm 25 and I cant imagine doing that.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 05:22:35 PM »
 i see the same thing. i see ppl runing on my block. at like 5am and im in my car. and there mostly women. im 23 and i could never run to the gym and back

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 05:14:38 PM »
I have a pretty flexible schedule but I can't really train too early.  Empty stomach cardio is about the most I can do, 30 min. max, but weight training is very hard for me. 

Food is fuel so the less fuel I have the harder it is for me to train.  Mid-afternoon and early evening are usually my favorite.  Then again, it's all mental anyways.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 12:03:46 AM »
the earliest i've ever trained was at 4am. bc i did an all nighter and just went. it was a great workout tho.  but at the normally in the afternoons. when i didnt fall sleep like a couple years i go. i would go train. when you cant sleep do something else then tost and turn. thas they true to full asleep. dont think about it and dont do coffee or exeriseing before bed time. i was going to sleep after my workouts to aid recovery but that not gonna work bc im too hypered up/pumed to fall asleep. you can have sex with you wife that what pro told my once. but sex doesnt go that to my. take a werm show. if you have a work like i do that doesnt mettetr when i get to work but have something done then you can go train but if your a 9-5 guy i would sleep.
This post is unreadable.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 12:52:17 AM »
I usually pik nid afternoon or about 4 ish, but as im starting university (studying law), my timetable is mixed, for exampl i have a lecture from 4 till 6 tommorow afternoon, so if i trained on a tue it wud hav to be in the morning.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 01:30:05 PM »
I get up at 4 am every morning, and am at the gym at 4:45.
W

runnerbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 08:07:19 AM »
I lift at 5:30am.  When I get to the gym there is a group of older guys (40+) that has already ran between 3.5 and 4 miles.  Theres a guy who runs to the gym from 4 miles away and then does his hour long weight training and then runs home. 

OLDER GUYS-----!  OVER 40 is NOT THAT OLD!!!!!!!!!
A friend of mine who is over 80 and is a national record holder in the marathon for that age group--- runs 15 mile training runs----then lifts.

[He's like 45, I'm 25 and I can't imagine doing that.]

Maybe with the price of gas, you will soon!  :o

big E

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 05:13:01 AM »
my goldsgym is open 24hrs. so if i go in between 12am and 3am does that really count as being early?
Thaiboxing,Bjj

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 06:44:06 PM »

OLDER GUYS-----!  OVER 40 is NOT THAT OLD!!!!!!!!!
A friend of mine who is over 80 and is a national record holder in the marathon for that age group--- runs 15 mile training runs----then lifts.

[He's like 45, I'm 25 and I can't imagine doing that.]

Maybe with the price of gas, you will soon!  :o
Hey I can do my share of cardio, I'm just not to that stage of being able to run miles upon miles  before and after my lifting.  And I meant no offense by saying older, but everything is relative and 45 + years to a 25 year old is a good distance apart.   :)

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2005, 07:15:42 PM »
I get up at 3:30am to get to my gym by 4:30am.  I'm over 40 so I guess I count as one of those "old guys". :)

I don't like it though.  Unfortunately, it's this or nothing.  I have to be at work by 6:45am and don't get home until around 8pm.  Get my kids bathed and in bed, wrap things up with the Mrs. and I'm asleep by around 11pm.  I've functioned on 4hrs per night sleep for over 20 years.  Is what  it is...

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2005, 11:07:54 AM »
Earliest about 10 am
Latest is 8pm
best time is 5pm ;D

TimmyTBone

• Getbig II
  • Keep it natty
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2005, 03:53:23 PM »
Any time of the day or night is okay as long as you stretch and warm up with a bit of cardio.
Go to sleep foo

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 04:42:13 AM »
I usually train at about 4:00pm and think this is the best time.  Weekends I will train about 10:00am.  i guess it really depends on your work schedule when you can train, although I don't like before 9:00am or after 7:00pm

Bear726

• Getbig II
  • ....a flipn' 12 gauge what do you think.
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 06:46:15 AM »
Here is a good question for you?  Who in here with toddlers or newborns trains in the afternoon or evenings?  I think the answer you will get back is 1 to 0.  I bet the majority of fella's train in the morning or during lunch or not at all during these ages.  I know for myself it was impossible to train after work because I wouldn't end up getting home until 6:00 or 6:30 and the kids' go to bed around 8:00 so you get a whopping 1.5 hours with them.  NO, that isn't going to happen for this guy.  So to counter that I roll my tired ass out of bed at 5:00, wash my face, drink half a protein shake and then get in the car and drive to the gym and by 5:45 I am ready for war.  In hindsight, there is no better way to start your day than to throw some serious poundage around. 

Steeljunky

• Getbig II
  • D's...Nuts
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 06:47:22 AM »
Due to the fact i coach high school football and wrestling ( i'm supplemental, not a teacher) and work a regular job as well, i had to start training at 5am. I have seen great gains since doing this. I actually get more rest and nutrients. 4:30- protein shake and supps, 5- workout, 6:15 nap ( after simple sugar and crea ) 7:30- steak, eggs, oatmeal. By 8am i've had 100-140 grams of protein and the day has just begun. Of course i crash everynight by 9:30-10pm, even when i try to stay up and watch a game or something.
Call me BigPapa

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2005, 04:39:05 AM »
To answer bear726-- That's EXACTLY why I train so early (up at 3:30 am; in gym at 4:30am).  I work long hours as it is and want to spend every second with my kids until they are asleep.  That's usually around 10pm or so.  That leaves me some time with the Mrs. and hell the day is gone. At least I feel like I train at a time that doesn't take anything away from them.

Also, man, when they were infants, I was at an all time low, trained maybe 1x per week for a year or so.  Wife had post=partum depression, the whole works...

But...kids are older now (7 and 4), wife's alright and this man is back to 6 days a week and friggin JACKED!   

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2005, 07:42:17 AM »
Monday/Friday - 4 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday - 1 p.m.

I have it easy  ;D
:-)

*Dutch*

• Getbig III
  • "Hey, you got rusty fenders on your bicycle!"
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2005, 06:07:47 PM »
Hey I can do my share of cardio, I'm just not to that stage of being able to run miles upon miles  before and after my lifting.  And I meant no offense by saying older, but everything is relative and 45 + years to a 25 year old is a good distance apart.   :)

No offense Ledd. I'm 40, and when I was your age, I always referred to people over 35 as older. Reason being, we only live to be around 68-70 average, so when a person is 40, they definitely qualify as "older." They are certainly half way thru anyway. The way a persons body hurts at 40, definitely qualifies them as older as well. ;D

To answer the original question, I usually get up around 8AM, and hit the gym around 1 in the afternoon. That gets me back home in time to cook a dozen eggs, and not miss wildest police videos.

As for the question about sleep, I take a Flexeril muscle relaxer and I am out like Tommy Lee at his kids birthday pool party. :P
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.

egoatdoor

• Getbig III
  • A thinking man's bodybuilder
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 06:36:44 PM »
I moved to a town with a 24 Hour Fitness two months ago. I train at 4AM on weekdays and sometime between 6 and 7 on weekends.
Go hard or go home!