Author Topic: ***Breaking News**** Dow average plunges 513, worst drop since 2008  (Read 5152 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
http://news.yahoo.com/dow-average-plunges-513-worst-drop-since-2008-201031115.html

NEW YORK (AP) — The stock market is finishing its worst day since the financial crisis.

The Dow Jones industrial average plunged more than 500 points Thursday. Investors are concerned that the U.S. economy will enter another recession and that Europe's debt problems are not closed to being solved.

Major stock indexes fell more than 4 percent.

The Dow is closing with a loss of 513 points, or 4.3 percent, to 11,384. It was the worst day for the Dow since October 22, 2008.

The S&P 500 is down 60, or 4.8 percent, to 1,200. The Nasdaq is down 137, or 5.1 percent, to 2,556.

Twenty stocks fell for every one that rose on the New York Stock Exchange. Volume was very heavy at 7.5 billion shares.

Fuck it !!!!  Fuck it !!!!  Fuck it !!!!  Fuck it !!!! ITS MY 50th BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: ***Breaking News**** Dow average plunges 513, worst drop since 2008
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 02:06:18 PM »
Its Bushs fault. BTW, happy birthday!

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 02:07:53 PM »
Feeling kinda bored and down today? sick of all this political bs?

Stop by and laugh a little!

... www.letskillsometime.com

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 02:08:50 PM »
for those of you "bros in the know", i'm waiting for this guy to come out (and quickly i hope):

Deep Tissue Massage

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 05:14:22 PM »
Hope and Change at it's finest.... What a crock of shit.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 05:42:04 PM »
fucking nightmare,  this administration sucks

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 05:46:51 PM »
it feels like something isn't working properly

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 05:55:46 PM »
thank the republicans for standing up for the millionaires and billionaires, also the corporations on not letting the bush tax cuts run out so we can get more revenue.  We have a revenue problem, check Clinton years, we were fine, you can't cut revenue and except everything to by A OK.  Tea party and republicans ran this country to hell, vote these republican and tea party idiots out of office next election, it is time for the real grown ups to rule in Washington the democrats.  House senate and president, tax the rich, feed the poor, create jobs.

TEAM Nasser

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 06:13:19 PM »
are you serious??? this is not a revenue issue.. in the clinton years the spending was not near this high.. any economist worth a crap will tell the spending is out of control.. and by the way, it is not millionaires that they want to tax.. it is anyone over 250,000.. hardly millionaires.. to pay for obamacare the "millionaires: as you put it, are already being taxed higher.. so you want to nail them again? so they essentially stop spending and hiring? how does that help? that means unemployment goes even higher and revenues fall even further..
  as one economist said the other night " obama knows what he is doing wont work. the numbers arent there.. but he cant let go of his ideology.." i am no tea party person by any means.. but ya cant tax your way out of a spending problem.. ask greece...

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 06:16:01 PM »
the world will not recover, epic owning.

I guess we all will be living in African conditions soon, bodybuilders being the strongest and biggest will take over the world.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 06:18:37 PM »
thank the republicans for standing up for the millionaires and billionaires, also the corporations on not letting the bush tax cuts run out so we can get more revenue.  We have a revenue problem, check Clinton years, we were fine, you can't cut revenue and except everything to by A OK.  Tea party and republicans ran this country to hell, vote these republican and tea party idiots out of office next election, it is time for the real grown ups to rule in Washington the democrats.  House senate and president, tax the rich, feed the poor, create jobs.

If you don't understand that Clinton was experiencing the effects of Reagan's "Trickle Down Economics", then there is little hope for you.
It takes many years to effect economic change through policy.
However, if the government intervenes in areas where they do NOT belong (housing--Barney Frank, banking--still raking in salaries and lavish bonuses, automotive production--Bush/Obama) then you see quicker results.  But what did the stimulus not do at all?  Create jobs.  The banks that got bailed out are holding on to the money!!!!  
If they were too big to fail, then they must be too big to succeed.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 06:20:05 PM »
are you serious??? this is not a revenue issue.. in the clinton years the spending was not near this high.. any economist worth a crap will tell the spending is out of control.. and by the way, it is not millionaires that they want to tax.. it is anyone over 250,000.. hardly millionaires.. to pay for obamacare the "millionaires: as you put it, are already being taxed higher.. so you want to nail them again? so they essentially stop spending and hiring? how does that help? that means unemployment goes even higher and revenues fall even further..
  as one economist said the other night " obama knows what he is doing wont work. the numbers arent there.. but he cant let go of his ideology.." i am no tea party person by any means.. but ya cant tax your way out of a spending problem.. ask greece...

the people making 250,000 or millionaires already have special tax attorneys and thieves working 24/7 to make sure they pay the lowest possible rate and even illegal rates, they are terrible people.  just like twister, look at him, he doesn't pay the top income tax bracket, he has a tax attorney do his shit so he pays what someone making 50,000 a year would pay, pure crooks.  Spending would be covered if corporations paid tax and the rich were taxed and the loopholes were closed.  And why the way taxes being higher is not a job killer that is a myth that has been exposed, now try again.

Also lat's the millionaires are not creating jobs, or spending money, they don't care about America, they care about greed, they hoard, and do not hire, they hire under the table and pay any legit employee the least amount they can, greed has gotten the better of so called Christian American HAHAHAHAHAH what a joke.

BWHAHHAHAHAH trickle down economics, maybe you can sell that idea to an uneducated redneck, but sorry not buying your bullshit, it doesn't work, bush showed it, reagan lol your saying reagan is what helped clinton your really living in fantasy land now.  Reagan is what started a downfall, Clinton helped stop it, then bush jr came in and reversed all the good clinton did.  Dumbass rich people don't care about the truth, so they will lie through there teeth like you to any dimwit willing to listen.

TEAM Nasser

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 06:21:03 PM »

I guess we all will be living in African conditions soon, bodybuilders being the strongest and biggest will take over the world.

tito24-esque post reported

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 06:26:28 PM »
250k a year is not very much in the area of the country where I live.  The most expensive state, highest taxes, highest cost of education (with no kids in school, but you still pay).  Public worker unions are obsolete.  The workers are portected by statutes, OSHA, etc.

you already just outed yourself as out of touch with the average American claiming 250k is not very much, next.  Go have this conversation with people that agree with you at the country club.

TEAM Nasser

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 06:28:17 PM »

Give them your money and I'll be happy to keep mine.  "Feed the poor", fuck that noise.  Let the so-called poor earn their way as others do.  Don't even think about trying to "debait" (a play on words for those of you in Rio Linda, California, kiddo) because you will be politically, mentally, emotionally and hysterically disemboweled.

I loathe liberalism, communism and most other "isms".  Supercalifragelisticabsofuckinglutely©, fuck that noise.

I'm Reeves the Magic Mulatto ™ and I approve this message.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 06:30:16 PM »
once again.. absolutely no facts.. you are blinded by a silly version of class warfare.. "all rich people are evil".. please.. look, almost half the people in the united states pay no taxes at all.. who gets to make up the other half? all of us.. i do not make close to 250,000.. but still pay my share of taxes.. while many do not.. although very capable..  

so all those who have business that hire people are bad ? and trust me, those "millionaires" and those aweful rich folks making 250,000 a year spend alot of money in taxes and revenue in this country.. they even pay for those who choose not to work although capable.. so stop the class warfare b.s.  if people "wealthy" was easy then everyone would do it.. chances are you work for a "wealthy" person.. so all those who put food on your table and provide you with benefits are bad.. ? so tell me, what would you do without them ? i am mean beside not eat and pay your bills...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 06:31:35 PM »
Who gives a fuck, mexicans and blacks don't invest anyways, well they invest in Escalades and A&F, the Stock index will be dead in 10 years anyways.

Overrated white man's toy.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 06:32:57 PM »
once again.. absolutely no facts.. you are blinded by a silly version of class warfare.. "all rich people are evil".. please.. look, almost half the people in the united states pay no taxes at all.. who gets to make up the other half? all of us.. i do not make close to 250,000.. but still pay my share of taxes.. while many do not.. although very capable..  

so all those who have business that hire people are bad ? and trust me, those "millionaires" and those aweful rich folks making 250,000 a year spend alot of money in taxes and revenue in this country.. they even pay for those who choose not to work although capable.. so stop the class warfare b.s.  if people "wealthy" was easy then everyone would do it.. chances are you work for a "wealthy" person.. so all those who put food on your table and provide you with benefits are bad.. ? so tell me, what would you do without them ? i am mean beside not eat and pay your bills...

(serious now)

x2, epic idiocy hating on "rich" people.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 06:36:09 PM »
the people making 250,000 or millionaires already have special tax attorneys and thieves working 24/7 to make sure they pay the lowest possible rate and even illegal rates, they are terrible people.  just like twister, look at him, he doesn't pay the top income tax bracket, he has a tax attorney do his shit so he pays what someone making 50,000 a year would pay, pure crooks.  Spending would be covered if corporations paid tax and the rich were taxed and the loopholes were closed.  And why the way taxes being higher is not a job killer that is a myth that has been exposed, now try again.

Also lat's the millionaires are not creating jobs, or spending money, they don't care about America, they care about greed, they hoard, and do not hire, they hire under the table and pay any legit employee the least amount they can, greed has gotten the better of so called Christian American HAHAHAHAHAH what a joke.

BWHAHHAHAHAH trickle down economics, maybe you can sell that idea to an uneducated redneck, but sorry not buying your bullshit, it doesn't work, bush showed it, reagan lol your saying reagan is what helped clinton your really living in fantasy land now.  Reagan is what started a downfall, Clinton helped stop it, then bush jr came in and reversed all the good clinton did.  Dumbass rich people don't care about the truth, so they will lie through there teeth like you to any dimwit willing to listen.

This right here is what is wrong with this Country.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 06:38:41 PM »
250k a year is not very much in the area of the country where I live.  The most expensive state, highest taxes, highest cost of education (with no kids in school, but you still pay).  Public worker unions are obsolete.  The workers are portected by statutes, OSHA, etc.

No they are not,...every employee should have union representation...

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 06:44:42 PM »
No they are not,...every employee should have union representation...

x2

listen to how fast the balonie propaganda from the rich and wannba rich chime in here to protect there so called bullshit theories that are driving this country into the ground.  Just keep melting down, it's like you are paid lobbyists from DC protecting the corporations and the rich while the poor stay poor and the rich get richer.  I'm done here, I've schooled you with the truth and you will not stop hating because you do not want to let your money go, look at yourself, greed is your problem. 

TEAM Nasser

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 06:47:54 PM »
the world will not recover, epic owning.

hahahahahahahahaahhahahh aahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 06:53:58 PM »
hahahahahahahahaahhahahhaahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Finally a poster that understands world economics, not like all the other people here googling furiously for arguments.  ;D ;D ;D