Author Topic: Perry dismisses Mitt's biz experience  (Read 905 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Perry dismisses Mitt's biz experience
« on: August 15, 2011, 10:55:54 AM »

Visiting the Iowa state fair Monday morning, Rick Perry shot back at Mitt Romney’s claim that only a candidate with a Romney-style business background is right to lead the GOP in 2012.

Continue Reading

Asked by Jonathan Martin to address Romney’s comment in New Hampshire today that the GOP nominee will need experience in the “real economy,” Perry “I’m thinkin’ Texas is the real economy.”

At the Iowa GOP booth, Perry urged reporters to compare his record in government with Romney’s.

“Running a state is different from running a business,” he said, according to Ben Smith. “Take a look at his record when he was governor, take a look at my record when I was governor.”

“Give him my love,” Perry said, blowing kisses at the camera.

It’s the political equivalent of pointing to the scoreboard, and Perry alluded to his job-creation record again in an AP interview, drawing an apparent contrast with Michele Bachmann in terms of executive experience.

“Understanding how that process works, but more importantly making that process work, of which we have done in Texas, is inarguably better than ... anyone who is aspiring to be the president,” he said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61402.html#ixzz1V7aiBqut

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Perry dismisses Mitt's biz experience
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 09:57:06 PM »
Visiting the Iowa state fair Monday morning, Rick Perry shot back at Mitt Romney’s claim that only a candidate with a Romney-style business background is right to lead the GOP in 2012.

Continue Reading

Asked by Jonathan Martin to address Romney’s comment in New Hampshire today that the GOP nominee will need experience in the “real economy,” Perry “I’m thinkin’ Texas is the real economy.”

At the Iowa GOP booth, Perry urged reporters to compare his record in government with Romney’s.

“Running a state is different from running a business,” he said, according to Ben Smith. “Take a look at his record when he was governor, take a look at my record when I was governor.”

“Give him my love,” Perry said, blowing kisses at the camera.

It’s the political equivalent of pointing to the scoreboard, and Perry alluded to his job-creation record again in an AP interview, drawing an apparent contrast with Michele Bachmann in terms of executive experience.

“Understanding how that process works, but more importantly making that process work, of which we have done in Texas, is inarguably better than ... anyone who is aspiring to be the president,” he said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61402.html#ixzz1V7aiBqut

Perry made some compelling points here.