Author Topic: Sting  (Read 16333 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Sting
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2011, 07:14:06 PM »
http://www.insideoutmovie.com/
The majority of his career was Shawn Michael's. A prime muscle bound HHH was very entertaining. But once he got hurt, lost his size, and became really ugly. The only thing that has kept him in the spotlight is because he's Mr. Stephanie McMahon. Oh no? Why is Shane out and HHH COO? How on Earth are they making movies starring HHH? The fans don't have a choice here. HHH has been jammed down our throats and will always continue to be unless he gets a divorce.

I respectfully disagree with the “majority” aspect.
Hunter gained leverage politically when he & Shawn maneuvered their way onto the booking committee around ‘96.
The sophomoric schtick of the “original” D-X got Hunter increased exposure as the Fed rapidly gained viewers during the Attitude Era.

But, D-X grew even bigger without Michaels, and Hunter’s biggest success came when he re-invented himself as “The Game.”
As a former student who‘s actually been in a wrestling ring, I can say that everything from HHH’s look to his mic. skills and ring work were TOP NOTCH from about ‘98 to ‘03.
And, this was well after Michaels took yet another sabbatical for his 14th supposed career-ending injury; or, maybe he just lost his smile again. ::)

As far as I’m concerned, even if Michaels did help propel HHH to superstardom, HHH deserves it for all the times he & Chyna carried Shawn back to his room because the little prick was shit-faced plastered on Somas in the bar.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2011, 10:04:45 AM »

I respectfully disagree with the “majority” aspect.
Hunter gained leverage politically when he & Shawn maneuvered their way onto the booking committee around ‘96.
The sophomoric schtick of the “original” D-X got Hunter increased exposure as the Fed rapidly gained viewers during the Attitude Era.

But, D-X grew even bigger without Michaels, and Hunter’s biggest success came when he re-invented himself as “The Game.”
As a former student who‘s actually been in a wrestling ring, I can say that everything from HHH’s look to his mic. skills and ring work were TOP NOTCH from about ‘98 to ‘03.
And, this was well after Michaels took yet another sabbatical for his 14th supposed career-ending injury; or, maybe he just lost his smile again. ::)

As far as I’m concerned, even if Michaels did help propel HHH to superstardom, HHH deserves it for all the times he & Chyna carried Shawn back to his room because the little prick was shit-faced plastered on Somas in the bar.

I think the world of Michaels as a wrestler, but I have to get HHH credit.  Sure, he got a bump when he was paired with Michaels and Chyna and I found them very entertaining, more so than later DX, but the thing HHH did was take advantage of the situation and run with it.  How many other guys have had an opportunity and sqaundered it? 

Really the only knock I have on him as a wrestler is that his mic schtick should have only been about 3-5 minutes as the longer the interview went, the worse he got....until most times it was unbearable after 10-15 minutes of it. 

I really can't comment on him over the last 4 or 5 yrs as i haven't watched enough wrestling on a regular basis to have an informed opinion.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2011, 05:34:07 PM »
The thing I’ve always found most interesting about Michaels is that he’s got the smallest, but most devoted fan-base.
There weren’t a lot of fans who loved HBK, but the few who did will defend him until death as the greatest “worker” that ever lived.
We know there weren’t a lot of HBK fans because the Fed experienced its worst financial years during Michaels’ reign as champion.

My favorite observation regarding Michaels came from a U.K. fan in a letter sent to The Wrestling Observer: “No adult male is going to support an obnoxious, blonde, ponytail wearing self-professed sexy boy. No matter how well he does in the ring.”

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2011, 03:20:38 AM »
One other disturbing thing I distinctly remember was from when Michaels was a face pre-attitude era.
They would actually bring little kids into the ring to do the stripper dance with Shawn.

Now, before the HBK marks jump in professing what a great worker their "hero" is, let me qualify my statement:
Yes, I don't deny that Shawn was a great worker in the ring; what I'm discussing here is GETTING LITTLE KIDS TO DANCE LIKE MALE STRIPPERS on TV.
WTF???

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2011, 09:36:47 AM »
I agree on Michaels.  I wasn't really into the WWF during his earlier run, but he was probably as important as anyone with introducing the attitude era.  He simply became on air what he was off of it.  And then others followed. 

But the leather chaps, strip tease and SF gay-biker little leather hat was just too much during the earlier run.  He did a subtle tweaking once the DX and attitude era came around....thankfully.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2011, 01:53:14 PM »
...the leather chaps, strip tease and SF gay-biker little leather hat was just too much during the earlier run.

That undeniably gay ensemble always made me think of of Eugene Levy in that one scene from Armed and Dangerous:

Of all of the possibilities of ring gear to chose from, why would you intentionally chose the one that makes you look the gayest?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2011, 01:53:49 PM »

That undeniably gay ensemble always made me think of of Eugene Levy in that one scene from Armed and Dangerous:

Of all of the possibilities of ring gear to chose from, why would you intentionally chose the one that makes you look the gayest?

Bitches love that shit.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2011, 07:25:25 PM »
I just read an interview with Scott Hall, and he says that he is the one that suggested that Sting watch "The Crow" after he started wearing his hair longer and was no longer dying it.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2011, 07:35:36 PM »
I just read an interview with Scott Hall, and he says that he is the one that suggested that Sting watch "The Crow" after he started wearing his hair longer and no was no longer dying it.

Do you remember: there was at least one Nitro on which they had Sting appear in the rafters with a great big turkey vulcher perched on his shoulder.
I laughed my ass off at the time!!

I also distinctly remember the TV commercial for one of the WCW PPV's; they had a young girl's voice deliver a monologue - something about putting the wrong things right - just like the original Crow movie began. In fact, the commercial looked like a trailer for the Brandon Lee film, complete with set design, lighting, and Sting's mannerisms.
This was ALL a DIRECT rip-off of The Crow.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2011, 07:53:35 PM »

Do you remember: there was at least one Nitro on which they had Sting appear in the rafters with a great big turkey vulcher perched on his shoulder.
I laughed my ass off at the time!!
lol is this it?

And here is the Hall interview:

Scott Hall: I gave Sting "The Crow" gimmick. We were standing next to each other in North Carolina and I'm slicking my hair back and he's sitting there in his neon sh--, but he's not dyeing his hair anymore. He's not bleaching it anymore. And he's letting his hair grow out. And I don't know Sting. He's always been a big deal. When I was in WCW before, I was a jabroni and he was a big star. I went to New York and I've only been (back in WCW) a week or two. So we're standing next to each other at the sinks in the locker room. I'm slickin' my sh-- back because I've gotta go do an interview or something. So Sting enters and I say, "You growin' your hair out, huh?" He goes, "Yeah." I said, "You still gonna wear the neon happy-guy stuff?" He goes, "Yeah, yeah." I said, "You ever see The Crow, man?" He went, "No, I didn't see it." I said, "You outta check it out, man. The guy kinda has his stuff drippin' down. I'm not telling you to trip off the Undertaker, but he kinda acts like Taker." I told him that. And I tell ya' what, he gives me props for it. I will say this. Dallas's book, Sting's quote, he gives me props. He did it on Home Shopping Network one time, he gave me props. To me, that's all I need to know. I just want Sting to know I gave him that gimmick. That's the only satisfaction I need. I don't need none of your royalties or that bullsh--.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2011, 03:49:52 AM »
I don't need none of your royalties or that bullsh--.

He'd just use it to buy more drugs.

And, yeah: that's the episode I remember, although I forgot about the buzzard being in the ring at the end.
LOL at the guys all standing there pointing at it.
Due props; Nash sold it the best when he cocked the belt back ready to swing it like a bat.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2011, 09:09:12 AM »
That video reminded me of how annoying Konnan was and how useless Scott Norton was.