Author Topic: once you reach natural limits, should you cut back to 1-2 time a week training?  (Read 7894 times)

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
and call it a day?

because seems that continuing banging my head against the (genetic) wall with my hardest most unrelenting efforts i still dont make the magic gains and this just leads to frustration and bitterness

if i cut back training to "maintenance" will i regress or not really?

maybe i should just do this and stop frustrating myself into depression

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
and call it a day?

because seems that continuing banging my head against the (genetic) wall with my hardest most unrelenting efforts i still dont make the magic gains and this just leads to frustration and bitterness

Maintance means no regression by definition my man.
And the answer is: you could go back to 1-2 times a week, if you should is up to you. Maybe you like training that much...

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Maintance means no regression by definition my man.
And the answer is: you could go back to 1-2 times a week, if you should is up to you. Maybe you like training that much...

how can anyone seriously like training? that is if you are actually training with a lot of intensity it's torture and u would only do it for gains. but once the gains stop then well....u start wondering

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
how can anyone seriously like training? that is if you are actually training with a lot of intensity it's torture and u would only do it for gains. but once the gains stop then well....u start wonderi
If I truly reached natural limits (which doesn't happen to quickly I think) I would do the least amount required to maintain. I got better things to do then....

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Up the dose

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
Listen purenatural, you have to love to train. Sure, first thing in the morning i could piss on the gym. But you drink 6 eggs and some carbs, have a coffee get the energy level up and boom....you get excited to get the blood flowing. What could be better than feeling that blood burn through your shoulders or quads or whatever? Not to mention seeing some tits and asses in the mean time. If your not growing size anymore, maybe you wanna improve shape or conditioning and let that be your thing since your not on juice...

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
how can anyone seriously like training? that is if you are actually training with a lot of intensity it's torture and u would only do it for gains. but once the gains stop then well....u start wondering
Why do you go to the gym for ? shit I love it - it is my second home, just being there makes me feel good - its very rare to find someone that has reached there full genetic potential in fact Id say its imposiible to reach it - surely theres still another 5 pounds of lean tissue in you - you have actualy roadblocked your own progress with your mindset.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
fuck that, i haven't seen any progress in years, and i have better shit to do.

i work out 3 days a week, run 4 days a week.  stopped training legs completely as they haven't grown since about 2000, now i just run.  feel better, look better, with less effort.  chasing the dream's stupid.  work out hard enough so you're not fat and look better than most and enjoy life.
Deep Tissue Massage

tom joad

• Getbig V
i've reached my natural limit, but i still like to hit each bodypart once a week (and don't see how you can do it effectively in less than 3 days per week.)

Mon: back & shoulders
Wed: legs
Fri:  chest & arms

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
I followed Mentzer's routine to the letter for almost a year, meaning 4 workouts per month and didn't lose any muscle.

In fact, I was at my stongest during that point in time. Maybe I'll switch my routine around again and see how I fare.

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
I followed Mentzer's routine to the letter for almost a year, meaning 4 workouts per month and didn't lose any muscle.

that's crazy....

what is the workout?

*heavy squat
*heavy bench
*heavy row

?

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
Just quit training or take a long break. Seems like your looking for some magic routine that will allow you to train once a week because you natural. That s ridiculous. Mentzer training  ::) and now that you have wasted all these years with protein powder there is no hope  ;D

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
that's crazy....

what is the workout?

*heavy squat
*heavy bench
*heavy row

?

Pretty much. Plus some ancillary exercises.

It's been a few years but I was following the advanced workout in Heavy Duty 2.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
lol i actually go two times a week for quite a few weeks now, doesnt matter, i can go 5 times a week, like that would make me bigger, dont think so, i now have good recovery, i need to go more often to do cardio though  because i become fat. im more massive than ever muscle wise , dont take supps and dont eat like a bber, training goes much better now through experience and already had several people thinking im in a cycle. really. its crazy

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
lol i actually go two times a week for quite a few weeks now, doesnt matter, i can go 5 times a week, like that would make me bigger, dont think so, i now have good recovery, i need to go more often to do cardio though  because i become fat. im more massive than ever muscle wise , dont take supps and dont eat like a bber, training goes much better now through experience and already had several people thinking im in a cycle. really. its crazy

well that is not that crazy actually. these "hardcore" idiots often forget the following factors (natural training)

*cortisol levels too high from excessive training
*decreased test levels from excessive training
*increased glucocorticoid levels from excessive training
*cns burnout

maybe mike mentzer was right

i mean think about it

Stavios

I fuck your mom only 1-2 times a week

ob205

• Getbig III
If you truly have reached your genetic potential, then yes you can easily maintain your size on 2x a week.  I think the major benefit from training 3x a week is more caloric burn during and post exercise, therefore keeping you leaner.  I agree with other poster who stated to change goals to shape and condition as opposed to size.

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
If you truly have reached your genetic potential, then yes you can easily maintain your size on 2x a week.  I think the major benefit from training 3x a week is more caloric burn during and post exercise, therefore keeping you leaner.  I agree with other poster who stated to change goals to shape and condition as opposed to size.

for calorie burning you can do low intensity cardio which doesn't cause the body to release physique wrecking stress hormones

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
and call it a day?

You will be completely fine as long as you work hard the 1-2 days you are in there.  Full-Body each workout.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV

well that is not that crazy actually. these "hardcore" idiots often forget the following factors (natural training)

*cns burnout

i mean think about it

Avoiding going to failure will prevent cns burnout.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
for calorie burning you can do low intensity cardio which doesn't cause the body to release physique wrecking stress hormones

You also get the natural test and gh uplift from resistance training that follows the weider principles   :D

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
I haven't trained more than once a week in over 4 years.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast

*cns burnout

i mean think about it

You'd have to be unemployed to find enough time to overtrain like that or lift heavy daily with balls out intensity.  I do morning cardio and lift evenings 5 days, about 45 minutes, moderate intensity, and higher rep ranges for the sake of my candy ass joints.  Mentzer's way, as I understand it, is pretty much the opposite of what I need to do.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Umm, how are you going to cut back from 4-5 t a week to 2 t a week and maintain everything?

How do you even fit in the whole physique in two sessions? One excercise per part? Two hour workouts? :S

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
well i train delts only once in the two weeks because it already gets enough work to do with the other muscle groups combined for instance.

if i never train again i will remain probably almost as wide as im now, training often is overrated imo, training right is where its all about.