Author Topic: Are these the best calves in BB right now?  (Read 37066 times)

apply85

• Getbig IV
Re: Are these the best calves in BB right now?
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 02:02:17 PM »
That's because they probably don't work on their lines and they don't know how to present their physiques.

Most of them would look much better if they knew how to pose.

But the IFBB doesn't consider the ability to pose an important part of how a physique looks.

In anycase, in terms of aesthetics, if you have calves but no thighs, your legs lwill still ook good. If you have thighs but no calves, your legs will look stupid.

It's basic aesthetic knowledge but these days, the judges don't consider aesthetics much anymore.

No, beauty of something you have or don't have, those guys should ease back on calf raises, but they're going for mass and freakiness not beauty, so they won't. If you wan an exacmple of beauty, take a look at frank zane in that bb group pic 15 talks about, he's not the biggest but what little you can see of him if much more beautiful than anything else. He just has it

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 02:22:58 PM »
Those three guys in the pic for instance, they all look gross to me, big muscles but not beautiful muscles
Aren't you black? No wonder you're hating big calves. Though Vince Taylor had awesome calves...

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 02:29:35 PM »
No, beauty of something you have or don't have, those guys should ease back on calf raises, but they're going for mass and freakiness not beauty, so they won't. If you wan an exacmple of beauty, take a look at frank zane in that bb group pic 15 talks about, he's not the biggest but what little you can see of him if much more beautiful than anything else. He just has it

I think we are agreeing here though it sounds like we are at odds.

I think Zane is probably the greatest bodybuilder of them all.

Why? Because he worked towards aesthetics. Consistently. He never fell for the size trap.

A bodybuilder is not a bodybuilder but just a thug if he is unaware of the limtis of size for his own particular frame. Once you go beyond that limit - for your frame - you are no longer a bodybuilder.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 02:31:15 PM »
VINCE TAYLOR, AARON BAKER and PAUL DILLETTE. all had serious calves (atypical black man genetics) no homo

Pakulski's calves are probably best out there now.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 02:37:54 PM »
VINCE TAYLOR, AARON BAKER and PAUL DILLETTE. all had serious calves (atypical black man genetics) no homo

Pakulski's calves are probably best out there now.

yes dillett had the best black calves ever..

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 02:46:57 PM »

I think Zane is probably the greatest bodybuilder of them all.

Why? Because he worked towards aesthetics. Consistently. He never fell for the size trap.

I think Zane "worked for size" just as much as the next guy back then. Just genetically a "light" guy.

You can't train for aesthetics. You can avoid ruining whatever aesthetics you have by not overeating and overusing insulin. But that's today... Zane did what all the rest were doing back then.

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2011, 02:54:02 PM »
I think Zane "worked for size" just as much as the next guy back then. Just genetically a "light" guy.

You can't train for aesthetics. You can avoid ruining whatever aesthetics you have by not overeating and overusing insulin. But that's today... Zane did what all the rest were doing back then.

Not according to what Zane says.

Aesthetics is definitely something you can work towards.

You shouldn't buy into the notion that aesthetics is for 'lighter' guys. That's a misnomer spread by guys who are too proud to control how they look.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2011, 03:03:33 PM »
Aren't you black? No wonder you're hating big calves. Though Vince Taylor had awesome calves...

No I'm not black, and these are seo calves, you cal tell because they taper to such a sharp and small ankle, guys with huge calves have not only the two big main muscles but also oversized supporting muscles, making the whole region very thick and making the whole leg kind of bottom heavy, but these calves I like, remind me of ronnie's

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 03:07:20 PM »
Not according to what Zane says.

Aesthetics is definitely something you can work towards.

You shouldn't buy into the notion that aesthetics is for 'lighter' guys. That's a misnomer spread by guys who are too proud to control how they look.

Whatever was a guy's selling point is what they always supposedly worked for. It's just ridiculous of course. The big brutal guys worked for that. The lighter so-called aesthetic guys worked for this instead. Also notice how bodybuilders always site guys who look like themselves as their inspirations and how they worked to look like their idols? Fact of the matter is that genetics is what dictates if you're going to look aesthetic or blocky. It's not a training trick. Mike Katz could never look like Zane, he could do Zane's routine exactly and it wouldn't work. And Zane couldn't look like Katz. Could Platz have been proportionate and symmetrical? No, he tried and failed. Could Arnold have Platz's quads? No.
All a bb can do is add muscle to his frame. Proportions and skeletal structure is what determines aesthetic appeal and it's all genetic. Take ANY bodybuilder at the start of their competitive career and compare to the end, when they no doubt tried balancing out their bodyparts and you'll just see a bigger version of the starting point. Training has little to nothing to do with it.

No, aesthetics isn't just for lighter guys, that's absolutely right. But lighter guys are always called aesthetic by bodybuilding fans, magazines, etc. Being light isn't necessarily aesthetic.

Like I said, the only thing you can do is avoid ruining your aesthetics with drugs and food and Synthol etc.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 03:08:58 PM »
No I'm not black, and these are seo calves, you cal tell because they taper to such a sharp and small ankle, guys with huge calves have not only the two big main muscles but also oversized supporting muscles, making the whole region very thick and making the whole leg kind of bottom heavy, but these calves I like, remind me of ronnie's

Come on, Vince's calves are fantastic whereas Ronnie's are a mess of scar tissue. Doesn't even compare.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 03:10:42 PM »
Pretty sure Vince, and his calves, was on the scene before oil got prevalent. 

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 03:15:08 PM »
Come on, Vince's calves are fantastic whereas Ronnie's are a mess of scar tissue. Doesn't even compare.

k nevermind then lol

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 03:16:26 PM »
k then maybe they arent synthol lol, I liek the way theyre nice and not fat like those on white guys with big calves, but vince's arent really all that big, they have a nice shape though, I would say shape > size when it comes to calves

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »
they must ride bicycles a lot

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2011, 03:20:56 PM »
k nevermind then lol
:D

Vince's calves look like diamonds. Ronnie's are uneven from left to right, there is no belly, the gastroc is flat.

k then maybe they arent synthol lol, I liek the way theyre nice and not fat like those on white guys with big calves, but vince's arent really all that big, they have a nice shape though, I would say shape > size when it comes to calves

There have been some accusations of implants in Vince's case and if this were true that's a fantastic job I have to say.  :D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2011, 03:22:36 PM »
Damn, was googling pics and saw this abomination. Flex Wheeler.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2011, 03:23:22 PM »
:D

Vince's calves look like diamonds. Ronnie's are uneven from left to right, there is no belly, the gastroc is flat.

Yuck, you're right why did he do that to himself

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2011, 03:23:40 PM »
Whatever was a guy's selling point is what they always supposedly worked for. It's just ridiculous of course. The big brutal guys worked for that. The lighter so-called aesthetic guys worked for this instead. Also notice how bodybuilders always site guys who look like themselves as their inspirations and how they worked to look like their idols? Fact of the matter is that genetics is what dictates if you're going to look aesthetic or blocky. It's not a training trick. Mike Katz could never look like Zane, he could do Zane's routine exactly and it wouldn't work. And Zane couldn't look like Katz. Could Platz have been proportionate and symmetrical? No, he tried and failed. Could Arnold have Platz's quads? No.
All a bb can do is add muscle to his frame. Proportions and skeletal structure is what determines aesthetic appeal and it's all genetic. Take ANY bodybuilder at the start of their competitive career and compare to the end, when they no doubt tried balancing out their bodyparts and you'll just see a bigger version of the starting point. Training has little to nothing to do with it.

No, aesthetics isn't just for lighter guys, that's absolutely right. But lighter guys are always called aesthetic by bodybuilding fans, magazines, etc. Being light isn't necessarily aesthetic.

Like I said, the only thing you can do is avoid ruining your aesthetics with drugs and food and Synthol etc.

Sure, to an extent but if take Arnold as an example, his physique looked totally different later in his career than earlier. He was much more balanced and aesthetic. Ronnie was the opposite. Lee Labrada, at the end of his career hard started to add size which slightly altered the quality of his aesthetics. Bannout changed comnpletely from being aesthetically perfect towards being just bigger. Zane wasn't always aesthetically pleasing. In his earlier days, he was way out of balance.

But you are right in suggesting it is easier to ruin what you have. These days, the judges seem to value that approach.

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »

Pakulsi's got quite possibly the best calves in bodybuilding history there - can't think of many who are better.

Matarazzo comes to mind.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2011, 03:30:22 PM »
Yuck, you're right why did he do that to himself

Ronnie's calves looked real bad just standing there. Adding some oil improved the front silhouette. Ronnie looked a bit strange with real small calves, especially with the slight cow legged shape to his legs (lower leg sort of bending outward).
It's rare that oil and site injections improve a bb in my opinion but calves are somewhat a special case. If the calves are real bad it can add some balance even if it's obvious what they did.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2011, 03:32:02 PM »
Ronnie's calves looked real bad just standing there. Adding some oil improved the front silhouette. Ronnie looked a bit strange with real small calves, especially with the slight cow legged shape to his legs (lower leg sort of bending outward).
It's rare that oil and site injections improve a bb in my opinion but calves are somewhat a special case. If the calves are real bad it can add some balance even if it's obvious what they did.

pic of his calves w/o synthol or nolotil?

Kulutues

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2011, 03:38:38 PM »
the best calves ever, half black guy

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2011, 03:55:09 PM »
 :o ;D

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2011, 04:11:37 PM »
Correct Vince's calves were real. Kai is another black guy with good calves.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
Damn, was googling pics and saw this abomination. Flex Wheeler.

haha

what's going on with those calves.