Author Topic: Bachmann ties God to quake, hurricane  (Read 9515 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Bachmann ties God to quake, hurricane
« on: August 29, 2011, 09:14:58 AM »
“I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians,” Bachmann said to supporters. “We've had an earthquake; we’ve had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here? Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending.' ”

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-bachmann-hurricane-god-20110829,0,6553701.story

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Bachmann ties God to quake, hurricane
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 09:16:22 AM »
What bullshit from a batshit crazy hypocrite.

God said are you going to listen to me?  Then in the next breath said listen to the American people?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 09:19:21 AM »
but she was just joking lolololol.... uh huh...

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 09:19:42 AM »
“I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians,” Bachmann said to supporters. “We've had an earthquake; we’ve had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here? Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending.' ”

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-bachmann-hurricane-god-20110829,0,6553701.story

she's using the death of innocents as a platform to promote her own political agenda?

:-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 09:23:46 AM »
she's using the death of innocents as a platform to promote her own political agenda?

:-\

Geez, bachmann... PLEASE stop sucking up to the batshit crazy republican base.

Yes, you want their money.  Yes, you NEED to win Iowa.  Yes, the batshits love Perry too.

But I truly do not believe that you believe this shit you say, MB.  You can't.  You're using religion to get votes, I understand that.  You're politicizing the deaths of those from Irene (10 at last count?) for political gain, that sucks too.

Please, Ms. Bachmann.  Obama sucks and should lose.  But you're making it so easy for him to rub your face in these bonehead statements later!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 09:25:34 AM »
Geez, bachmann... PLEASE stop sucking up to the batshit crazy republican base.

Yes, you want their money.  Yes, you NEED to win Iowa.  Yes, the batshits love Perry too.

But I truly do not believe that you believe this shit you say, MB.  You can't.  You're using religion to get votes, I understand that.  You're politicizing the deaths of those from Irene (10 at last count?) for political gain, that sucks too.

Please, Ms. Bachmann.  Obama sucks and should lose.  But you're making it so easy for him to rub your face in these bonehead statements later!

she is the batshit crazy repub base

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 09:31:38 AM »
she is the batshit crazy repub base

I can't believe that.  I think she is highly good at finding a slot to hide in, and being reallly consistent there.  She nailed down the tax breaks from the farm, the state $ from the foster kids, and steady congressional income from appealing to a loony  base.

She's a smart person.  She knows she lives in batshit crazy repub country, and she knows how to milk that.  I admit that.

I don't think she'll let that interfere with her style of governing - has it, so far?  PERRY on the other hand - has shown what I believe to be outright corrupt governing.  He required girls to get HPV shots, and his chief-of-staff was the Merek Rep... and got fricking rich from this.

SOOOOOOOOO While I think she's either a little nutty or just acting nutty to keep her job in her district- I don't know of any examples of her letting zealoutry or corruptive nature influence her voting style. So I'm okay with it.  Perry, on the other hand - his team got directly paid from 11 year old girls getting forced immunizations.  That's bad.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 09:34:27 AM »
Doesn't matter what this nutbag or Perry does.  They are not winning the nomination anyway.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 09:39:31 AM »
Doesn't matter what this nutbag or Perry does.  They are not winning the nomination anyway.

They might.  Reagan won in 80.  Rubio beat Crist.  It happens.  How in the world did ODonnell win in NJ  LMAO... batshit crazy base voters sometime rule the primaries. 

Probably, it'll be like 08... Huck (the far right guy) wins Iowa... perry or bachmann will do that.

From there, it'll be 2 moderates (like Mitt and whoever) fighting for the rest of the states.  But the far-right (while weaker than 2010) is stronger in 2012 than they were in 2008.  So perry or bachmann could win a few states in teh south.

Looking at Perry Vs bachmann... I don't see bachmann having a history of batshit crazy VOTING - the thing which affects us.  She's careful with money and doesn't force people to inject poison.  Perry?  Tripled TX debt, took all the stim money, and the vaccinations... would he implement that on a national level?  He defended it for 4 years... the dude believes in it.  Scary. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 09:41:18 AM »

Geez.... ::)
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 10:05:45 AM »
What a scummy whore. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 10:14:05 AM »
What a scummy whore. 

Do you have any evidence of her using her so-called religious beliefs to influence batshit crazy voting?  We have this with Perry... but Bachmann, despite her crazy words to get money from dummies, doesn't seem to have a history of voting like an idiot, as Perry does.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 10:16:54 AM »
Do you have any evidence of her using her so-called religious beliefs to influence batshit crazy voting?  We have this with Perry... but Bachmann, despite her crazy words to get money from dummies, doesn't seem to have a history of voting like an idiot, as Perry does.

190 billion of extra bail out not bat shit crazy considering who she is and what she supposedly stands for?

If Michelle was in Hollywood she would get her roles from the work she does on the director's couch.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 10:21:44 AM »
It was God's Will that Obama won in 2008.  Who the fuck is this woman with the nelly husband to complain and challenge something God willed?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 10:25:09 AM »
It was God's Will that Obama won in 2008.  Who the fuck is this woman with the nelly husband to complain and challenge something God willed?

that's because Obama is Satan.

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977478811

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 10:28:28 AM »
And people still say that Ron Paul is the nutjob.  Bachmann is a total sham, stimulus and patriot act supporting IRS agent.
Live free or die

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 10:32:58 AM »
Any appraisal of Michelle Bachmann would not be complete without the word "whore".

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 10:44:42 AM »

Now she's a backpedaling whore.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/bachmann-campaign-irene-wakeup-call-quote-in-jest.php?ref=fpb

Bachmann Campaign: Bachmann Spoke ‘In Jest’ When She Said God Was Communicating Via Earthquakes And Hurricanes
Evan McMorris-Santoro | August 29, 2011, 9:44AM

Rep. Michele Bachmann's (R-MN) presidential campaign says critics are making much ado about nothing when it comes to her viral quote stating last week's East Coast earthquake and hurricane was a message from God to overspending DC politicians.
TPM SLIDESHOW: Meet the 2012 GOPers: Michelle Bachmann

"Obviously she was saying it in jest,"
campaign spokesperson Alice Stewart told TPM in a statement.

The quote, made by Bachmann at a Florida campaign rally over the weekend, is making headlines across the Internet and TV.

Here's what she said, as reported by the St. Petersburg Times:

"I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending."

Here's video of the moment from CNN this morning, which played it as a joke. But the St. Petersburg Times did not report it as a joke, and it made the rounds this morning as a straight quote.

Her campaign insists it was all in good fun.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 11:01:08 AM »

Her campaign insists it was all in good fun.

are you saying that invoking the name of the Lord while politicizing the deaths of 23 Americans isn't funny to you?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 11:02:55 AM »
3333 where are youuuuuuuuuuuuu..

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 11:04:14 AM »
are you saying that invoking the name of the Lord while politicizing the deaths of 23 Americans isn't funny to you?

If i was a tool I'd be ROTFLMAO.

Michelle is on a mission from God

She can do no wrong

Obama is golfing and getting circumcised by Gibson guitars.  Don't ya know?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 11:05:10 AM »
I guess her mission to bring down the IRS failed.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 11:07:16 AM »
3333 where are youuuuuuuuuuuuu..

Stupid statement, not helpful, makes for media fodder.  

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »
I guess her mission to bring down the IRS failed.

Lmao.. was she a mole?