Author Topic: Mark Dugdale's update (2011-08-30 )  (Read 12461 times)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: Mark Dugdale's update (2011-08-30 )
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2011, 03:23:36 PM »
i refuse to believe god would be a weak, revengeful, unfair being. so therefore i reject the old testament.

Bud, don't do that.

I understand the New Testament stated "behold all things are new" but you've got to keep it in context. The Church of Christ eliminates  musical instruments from their worship for this very reason, because in the Old Testament there were so many references to praising the Lord with loud noises, clanging symbals, etc, etc... so they figured since "all things became new" that musical instruments should be eliminated from worship. Have you ever heard anything worse than people singing off-key?

The Bible doesn't say to "pray only in English" but I'm sure he loves that too...

Do you get my drift? The Old Testament is there for a reason.

I'm not gonna make this a big blown out argument. I can't believe that we are even being allowed to discuss religion here, but I just want to make sure that we are not making mistakes by "writing off" the Old Testament. There is much to learn there, especially in the prophesies that were fulfilled in the New Testament.

I'm not going to place myself as a martyr here, so I'll bow out gracefully and hope you give it a second thought.

http://www.gotquestions.org/old-testament.html

http://www.answerstom.com/2010/02/why-sould-we-read-old-testament.html

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2011, 03:27:33 PM »
Nutshell: God is unapproachable to sinful mankind. Ignoring the Old Testament, some fail to realize that it is not "God's Love" that enables man to now approach God in prayer. It was the horrible and bloody death of Christ alone. God's love "gave" Jesus to us. (John 3:16)

We depend upon the Old Testament to demonstrate to us much of God’s character and attributes. The New Testament tells us we are now holy, while the Old Testament presents to us what holiness is. This is so with many attributes of God. In the times of the Old Testament, God spoke to us through “the prophets.”

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2011, 03:36:14 PM »
because for one jesus didnt preach those things, his message was simple= love each other.

the entire bible was written by men and therefore it has no authority. the story of jesus, whether true or not, is the one religious story that stands the test of logic. thats why its so easy to believe.

You are such a typical fag.  Don't you have a dick waiting somewhere for  you to shit on it.  Oh wait... You call that your "anal orgasm".  Fuck your noise.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2011, 03:41:36 PM »
Nutshell: God is unapproachable to sinful mankind. Ignoring the Old Testament, some fail to realize that it is not "God's Love" that enables man to now approach God in prayer. It was the horrible and bloody death of Christ alone. God's love "gave" Jesus to us. (John 3:16)

We depend upon the Old Testament to demonstrate to us much of God’s character and attributes. The New Testament tells us we are now holy, while the Old Testament presents to us what holiness is. This is so with many attributes of God. In the times of the Old Testament, God spoke to us through “the prophets.”

there are basic scientific facts and logical ideas which refute the validity of the old testament. from the story of creation to a revenge seeking god who enforces arbitrary rules, the stories therein are nothing but tales written by ancient men.  there is some wisdom if you look for it, ancient man was not entirely incapable of understanding god, but they were strongly mistaken in some of their ideas and also for writing them down and passing them off as the word of God.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2011, 03:43:48 PM »
there are basic scientific facts and logical ideas which refute the validity of the old testament. from the story of creation to a revenge seeking god who enforces arbitrary rules, the stories therein are nothing but tales written by ancient men.  there is some wisdom if you look for it, ancient man was not entirely incapable of understanding god, but they were strongly mistaken in some of their ideas and also for writing them down and passing them off as the word of God.

Yup.  And getting assfucked by another man goes against nature too.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2011, 03:43:59 PM »
I judge the quality of my lifestyle based on whether or not I endeavor to do no harm and have no ill feelings toward others.

I just comment on Christianity and Christians. I don't know if you consider yourself a Christian, but it's interesting how little of the bible todays Christians embrace. That's why, in my opinion, Christianity is so weak and impotent today. Compare to Muslims. There is no moderate Islam like this, where parts of the Koran are ignored.

This is Christianity today:

Post-God Christianity In The Netherlands

At Protestant churches in Holland, the preachers admit to the the congregants that God does not exist, there is no afterlife, and Jesus was a mortal, if he existed at all. It’s Christianity for a post-belief world. The BBC writes:

“Make the most of life on earth, because it will probably be the only one you get”. The Rev Klaas Hendrikse can offer his congregation little hope of life after death, and he’s not the sort of man to sugar the pill. Mr Hendrikse presides over the Sunday service at the Exodus Church in Gorinchem, central Holland.

It is part of the mainstream Protestant Church in the Netherlands (PKN), and the service is conventional enough, with hymns, readings from the Bible, and the Lord’s Prayer.

“Personally I have no talent for believing in life after death,” Mr Hendrikse says. “No, for me our life, our task, is before death.” Nor does Klaas Hendrikse believe that God exists at all as a supernatural thing. “When it happens, it happens down to earth, between you and me, between people, that’s where it can happen. God is not a being at all… it’s a word for experience, or human experience.”

His book Believing in a Non-Existent God led to calls from more traditionalist Christians for him to be removed. However, a special church meeting decided his views were too widely shared among church thinkers for him to be singled out. A study by the Free University of Amsterdam found that one-in-six clergy in the PKN and six other smaller denominations was either agnostic or atheist.

Dienie van Wijngaarden, who’s been going to Exodus Church for 20 years, is among lay people attracted to such free thinking. “I think it’s very liberating. [Klaas Hendrikse] is using the Bible in a metaphorical way so I can bring it to my own way of thinking, my own way of doing.”

Wim De Jong says, “Here you can believe what you want to think for yourself, what you really feel and believe is true.”

Churches in Amsterdam were hoping to attract such people with a recent open evening. At the Old Church “in the hottest part of the red light district”, the attractions included “speed-dating”.

Professor Hijme Stoffels of the VU University Amsterdam says it is in such concepts as love that people base their diffuse ideas of religion. “In our society it’s called ’somethingism’,” he says. “There must be ’something’ between heaven and earth, but to call it ‘God’, and even ‘a personal God’, for the majority of Dutch is a bridge too far.

“Christian churches are in a market situation. They can offer their ideas to a majority of the population which is interested in spirituality or some kind of religion.” To compete in this market of ideas, some Christian groups seem ready virtually to reinvent Christianity. They want the Netherlands to be a laboratory for Christianity, experimenting with radical new ways of understanding the faith.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2011, 03:46:21 PM »
I just comment on Christianity and Christians. I don't know if you consider yourself a Christian, but it's interesting how little of the bible todays Christians embrace. That's why, in my opinion, Christianity is so weak and impotent today. Compare to Muslims. There is no moderate Islam like this, where parts of the Koran are ignored.

theres about double the amount of christians in the world today as there are muslims and the most powerful country in the world is a predominately christian one, whereas most predominately muslim countries are third world. 

islam does appeal to fanatics however since it encourages violence against dissidents.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2011, 03:47:01 PM »

The only "moderate islime" is when those assclowns run out of ammunition.  FTN.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2011, 06:55:41 PM »
Because they are hypocrites. They choose to follow certain parts of the bible and disregard other parts (like most theists). According to the bible, your body is a temple of the holy spirit. I am sure 'God' wouldn't want someone destroying their bodies with tons of drugs. It wreaks of hypocrisy. Most christians are supposed to be moral people. I didn't know buying illegal drugs was moral?  :-X :-X

Oh gee, Branches love of God while he sticks needles in his ass and hunts innocent animals. What an idiot.  ::) ::)

Since when is a bodybuilder destroying his body? Do you not realize what you claim is an oxymoron?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2011, 06:58:27 PM »

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2011, 12:11:54 AM »
You are such a typical fag.  Don't you have a dick waiting somewhere for  you to shit on it.  Oh wait... You call that your "anal orgasm".  Fuck your noise.

Is your post an example of how a good Christian speaks to folks?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2011, 01:37:09 AM »
Many Jesus nuthuggers here, I wonder why they joined the thunder place, called getbig  ???

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2011, 08:12:35 AM »
Is you post an example of how a good Christian speaks to folks?

I'm an atheist, sport.  But you already knew that, didn't you, because if you've ever read nearly anything I post (and you undoubtedly have) and you knew how a true believer of the Christ behaves (and you undoubtedly do), then you would realize that no, I am not Christian . 

This was possibly just your lame attempt to belittle Christ by associating a fake christian with Jesus of Nazareth and saying, "Look at how christians behave!  Blah, blah, blah, ad infinitum."

Fuck that noise. Get on the short school bus with dark windows if you think I'm either christian or Christian.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2011, 08:20:45 AM »
Many Jesus nuthuggers here, I wonder why they joined the thunder place, called getbig  ???

It's probably due to their having an interest in bodybuilding.  I'm relatively certain that's it, just as I'm certain that you knew that and yet posted your semi-rhetorical question to get a laugh or two form like minded individuals.  No harm, as we all do that from time to time.   ;D

Here to help. Later, kid.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2011, 12:50:59 PM »
I'm an atheist, sport.  But you already knew that, didn't you, because if you've ever read nearly anything I post (and you undoubtedly have) and you knew how a true believer of the Christ behaves (and you undoubtedly do), then you would realize that no, I am not Christian . 

This was possibly just your lame attempt to belittle Christ by associating a fake christian with Jesus of Nazareth and saying, "Look at how christians behave!  Blah, blah, blah, ad infinitum."

Fuck that noise. Get on the short school bus with dark windows if you think I'm either christian or Christian.

Well, my mistake! I guess that explains everything. Post as you will.

....Oh, next question; are you a juvenile? Because one could also ask if that is the way an adult speaks to others?

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2011, 11:24:28 AM »
Well, my mistake! I guess that explains everything. Post as you will.

....Oh, next question; are you a juvenile? Because one could also ask if that is the way an adult speaks to others?

Nope.  When I talk to children I use very small words with very few syllables.  Notice that I did not speak to you as a child.  Do not go there.  It's not as though I won't suffer a child misbehaving, but an adult acting as a child and think they are clever for doing so?  You are better than that having read more than a few of your postings here on the forums. 

What you posted deserved a rebuttal.  If you care not for the manner in which it was given, then give thought to what you say prior to typing it in.  I have no real or personal problem with you, just your suppostion regarding genuine Christians.

No one is perfect but not all who claim to follow the Christ do so.  The few I know are why I rebuked you.  They do not curse and they live their faith, not just talk it.

Thanks, from a fellow seasoned citizen.   ;D

newmom

« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2011, 11:44:59 AM »
Well, lets see, if Dugdale gets caught buying steroids, which is an illegal activity, then he might spend a few years in jail. Thus, his behavior would have a direct effect on his family who now have to fend for themselves. It wouldn't be too moralistic to leave your kids and wife without a father. It is rather selfish of somonee to put their own interests (body) in front of his family interest. And this might be considered pride, which is one of the seven deadly sins. Not very moralistic for a Christian man. And this goes for anyone, not just dugdale.

because MOST bodybuilders think they are untouchable to arrests and ALWAYS put themselves first

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2011, 11:59:28 AM »
It's probably due to their having an interest in bodybuilding.  I'm relatively certain that's it, just as I'm certain that you knew that and yet posted your semi-rhetorical question to get a laugh or two form like minded individuals.  No harm, as we all do that from time to time.   ;D

Here to help. Later, kid.

Don't call me "kid", you semi intellectual Milli Vanilli guy

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2011, 12:21:08 PM »
Nope.  When I talk to children I use very small words with very few syllables.

and you sir are a douchebag !!

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2011, 01:58:54 PM »
and you sir are a douchebag !!

Let me guess... Your birth certificate is printed on the back of an apology from the condom factory.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2011, 02:00:13 PM »

"Girl, you know it's true ... ooh, ooh, oooohhhh, I love youuuu ... "

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2011, 02:02:54 PM »

;D  Wow... That's it?  I've heard better insults when I was in the third grade, but still an admirable try. ;D

Here you go "Ace", oh, may I call you "Ace"?

Shut up, you'll never be the man your mother is.

Out of 100,000 sperm, you were the quickest?

Here to help, "Ace".   ;)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2011, 02:18:44 PM »
;D  Wow... That's it?  I've heard better insults when I was in the third grade, but still an admirable try. ;D

Here you go "Ace", oh, may I call you "Ace"?

Shut up, you'll never be the man your mother is.

Out of 100,000 sperm, you were the quickest?

Here to help, "Ace".   ;)

LMAO, you should play a cartoon character.
I'm not here to battle with bitches like you.
Hope this helps  :-*

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2011, 02:22:13 PM »
"Girl, you know it's true ... ooh, ooh, oooohhhh, I love youuuu ... "

I'll bet that Pilatus bitch sings this refrain each time he thinks he "owned" someone  ::)