Author Topic: Mark Dugdale's update (2011-08-30 )  (Read 12444 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Mark Dugdale's update (2011-08-30 )
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2011, 02:23:05 PM »
To be honest, it was not really meant as an attack. More along the lines of a moral dilemma. Akin to cops who buy illegal drugs and engage in criminal activity, yet are supposed to uphold the law. I find it interesting how Christians, as well as other theists, call themselves men of God, yet engage in illegal activity (purchasing of illegal drugs). Now I am obviously very far from perfect; however, I am not claiming to be a man of God either. Its interesting to know how Dugdale reconciles his belief in a God with engaging in illegal activity (purchasing of steroids). But it really wasn't meant to be an attack. Others framed it better than I should have.

1. How you do know he's done anything illegal or any other criminal activity?

2. IMO, it's MUCH worse when a liberal claims to be a Christian then votes for abortion and gay marriage. 50% of Catholics voted for Obama in the last election......again, that is MUCH worse than someone who does steroids.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2011, 03:06:31 PM »
2. IMO, it's MUCH worse when a liberal claims to be a Christian then votes for abortion and gay marriage. 50% of Catholics voted for Obama in the last election......again, that is MUCH worse than someone who does steroids.

Many Christians support abortion and gay marriage. Episcopalians are Christian and the Episcopal Church has gay ministers. In fact there are several Christian Churches which endorse gay marriages. To see which ones do, go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blessing_of_same-sex_unions_in_Christian_churches.

My wife is Catholic, and she supports women's rights. She also voted for Obama as did I. In our opinion, he was the best of two choices the voters were given in that election. Otherwise, one would have had to vote for Sarah Palin and that other fellow....John McCain (whatever happened to him anyway?). Liberals don't "claim to be Christian some are Christians. Just as some conservatives are gay. Some conservatives are non-Christian.

Personally, I think you might have a problem with stereotyping folks. Just when you think you know someone, you find out differently.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »
Well, lets see, if Dugdale gets caught buying steroids, which is an illegal activity, then he might spend a few years in jail. Thus, his behavior would have a direct effect on his family who now have to fend for themselves. It wouldn't be too moralistic to leave your kids and wife without a father. It is rather selfish of somonee to put their own interests (body) in front of his family interest. And this might be considered pride, which is one of the seven deadly sins. Not very moralistic for a Christian man. And this goes for anyone, not just dugdale.

If Dugdale is a hypocrite, he's got a lot of company. In fact, at one time or another, almost everyone has done something hypocritical. If it weren't for hypocrites, Catholic Priests could abandon the confessionals. Personally, I believe it is hypocritical to "cast stones" as if you have never sinned yourself.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2011, 03:28:41 PM »
Nope.  When I talk to children I use very small words with very few syllables.  Notice that I did not speak to you as a child.  Do not go there.  It's not as though I won't suffer a child misbehaving, but an adult acting as a child and think they are clever for doing so?  You are better than that having read more than a few of your postings here on the forums.  

What you posted deserved a rebuttal.  If you care not for the manner in which it was given, then give thought to what you say prior to typing it in.  I have no real or personal problem with you, just your suppostion regarding genuine Christians.

No one is perfect but not all who claim to follow the Christ do so.  The few I know are why I rebuked you.  They do not curse and they live their faith, not just talk it.

Thanks, from a fellow seasoned citizen.   ;D

OK, I give up. Originally, I called you out for posting a profane response to someone else and truthfully, how you choose to speak to others is your business. I didn't know you were an Atheist, so my comments about good Christians doesn't apply to you. However, you are seemingly an intelligent person. I think you could do better than the response I commented about. Just so you know, I have personally experienced people claiming to be good Christians who were hypocrites, judging from their behavior.

Sorry to disappoint you with my lack of thought in one reply. Like most people, I occasionally have a "knee jerk" reaction to what I read. Understandably, how a conversation might go in person could be very different than how it comes across on some blog.

Sometimes I do act like a child....according to my wife.

Incidentally, when talking to children, it has been my experience that it is better to speak to them as adults. This is how they learn. If one talks only "child talk" to children, that's all they'll ever know. I feel this way about "baby talk" too. My parents talked baby talk to my adopted sister. She's fifty-something today and she still sounds like a baby talking. I love her anyway.

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2011, 03:30:46 PM »
If Dugdale is a hypocrite, he's got a lot of company. In fact, at one time or another, almost everyone has done something hypocritical. If it weren't for hypocrites, Catholic Priests could abandon the confessionals. Personally, it believe it is hypocritical to "cast stones" as if you have never sinned yourself.

Yep.

newmom

« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2011, 03:58:07 PM »
Don't call me "kid", you semi intellectual Milli Vanilli guy

lmaooooooooooooooooooooo ooo

Let me guess... Your birth certificate is printed on the back of an apology from the condom factory.

LMAO

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2011, 04:13:39 PM »
Only on getbig could a video of a muscleman going down a water slide turn into a 5 page religious debate.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2011, 06:25:20 PM »
Only on getbig could a video of a muscleman going down a water slide turn into a 5 page religious debate.

I was thinking the same thing. Some of the young folks here must be really bored, since they seem to have so much time on their hands to debate/digress about someone they don't even know. Just so you know, my excuse is that I am retired and do have a lot of free time on my hands these days. Should I be looking for a better way to spend my time?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »
the hypocrisy comes in the "fact" that god created man in his own image, and drugdale is altering that image, thereby defying god.  capisce, tdongz?

hahahaah, does that mean you have to stay the way you were born all your life??

People get fat or lose weight, you know, is that against God as well??

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2011, 07:13:55 PM »
hahahaah, does that mean you have to stay the way you were born all your life??

People get fat or lose weight, you know, is that against God as well??

Yep.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2011, 07:34:41 PM »
Yep.

The problem with christianity is that man is a sinner and basically everything in daily life that is fun is against the will of god.  ::) ::)

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2011, 07:50:07 PM »
I was thinking the same thing. Some of the young folks here must be really bored, since they seem to have so much time on their hands to debate/digress about someone they don't even know. Just so you know, my excuse is that I am retired and do have a lot of free time on my hands these days. Should I be looking for a better way to spend my time?

Nope.  I would say that reading and posting here are just two of the many ways for you to keep your mind active.  You probably engage in a variety of activities as well that stimulate both mind and body.  For the most part, it's all good.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »
The problem with christianity is that man is a sinner and basically everything in daily life that is fun is against the will of god.  ::) ::)

Yep again.  

I'm sure posting here is a sin as well. ;D

christinafitness

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2011, 08:06:53 PM »
I am so sick of hearing that he is a "family man" and that he "found God."
Who gives a shit! Doesn't make him better than all the others that weren't born rich.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2011, 08:40:28 PM »
Who gives a shit! Doesn't make him better than all the others that weren't born rich.

When folks tell me they have found God, I am happy for them. I happen not to believe in God in the usual sense. So, to me finding God doesn't make them any better than another person, but it also doesn't make them any worse. As for being born rich, I don't get the reference here.

When people are proud of being a family person, I think that is good for them as well. I too happen to be a family man. I know great people who are not interested in having a family as well. The important thing is that whether it is being a family man or finding God, if being these things floats your boat, more power to you that you have found them. There are some poor suckers out there who never find themselves (in a happy place).

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2011, 08:41:51 PM »

Hi Mrs Drugdale!