Author Topic: Luke Wood - Tribute to the Aussie Pro (Positive)  (Read 17603 times)

leanne F

• Getbig II
Re: Luke Wood - Tribute to the Aussie Pro (Positive)
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2011, 11:58:23 PM »
luke sure looked different when he was a surfer even his forehead grew out of control when doing bb.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2011, 12:34:32 AM »
"Hank Wood" was warning Luke about the dangers of associating with his mentor and fooling around with pharmaceuticals.

Luke, your health is all you have!

Your current program and history of flu and other mystery illness should be evidence enough. Put simply, you have failed as a Pro.

Some just don't make the grade Luke!

Understand, the 'pharmaceutical regime' required of this sport does not suit your genetic/endocrine profile.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2011, 12:41:51 AM »
I think those near the top of any sport or activity have a tough choice. Do they accept being also rans or do they go that extra mile and do whatever is needed to succeed?

Arnold did all that and we know how successful he was in so many ways. Luke was a giant in the gym. Few mortals carry that much beef and can look in the mirror and admire

what they have accomplished. Those who are near the top have a good reason to try to be the best. They owe it to themselves and those who believe in them. Goodness, but

people who saw Luke in person were amazed at how much muscle he was carrying. Everyone would have been telling Luke to have a go. So Luke had a dream and went to America

to live it. I guess he was successful to a point because he featured in some magazines, did posing exhibitions and was generally known in the industry. It is always a pity when

rising stars have setbacks and poor Luke had to abandon his great sport and try to regain his health. It is a shame he didn't catch the brass ring. He sure had a fair go at trying.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2011, 12:47:46 AM »
Sad news .. I hope he will move on to bigger and better things ..

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 01:07:29 AM »
Very sorry to hear this  :'( RIP LUKE

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Tribute to Aussie Pro Luke Wood.
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2011, 05:27:58 AM »
lets keep this post positive and in good spirits, like Vince suggested. If you want to post negative stuff then do it in another thread.

Luke will always be remembered as the smiling aussie no matter what was going on around him. He tought me to think of thirty plus reps on the leg press as normal and he taught me that it is ok to hug.

Cheers Luke Love you mate RIP.

Did Luke really pass away?  I thought this was just ugly internet rumor.  Link to an official source?  If true, this is truly upsetting. He always seemed like such a nice guy. Please tell me this isn't true.  ??? :'(

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2011, 07:45:48 AM »
Tony from Melbourne has confirmed it and others know about it. I wouldn't post a tribute otherwise.

Here is what a friend 'Sandman' posted on another forum about Luke.

Rest In Peace Luke

I know Luke has a lot of friends and fans of his who have followed him here on bolex for years so I know this is the place he would want me to write this up. This was his home and even though he didn't post here very often over the past 12 months it was only because he missed bodybuilding so much and it was hard for him to come back on here because he missed the ‘old days’.
I received a call from Luke's beautiful fiancé Nora at around 1230am this morning telling me that Luke had undergone emergency surgery to treat internal bleeding from his recent transplant, it was supposed to be fairly minor surgery but that he hadn't made it through it and his heart had stopped. Luke had passed away. Obviously Lorena and i were both devastated but our main concern was for Nora and Luke's family so we rushed straight to Westmead hospital.
When we arrived we went straight into see Nora and Luke's family and tried to make sense of what had happened. It was very sudden and unexpected but I have to say Nora, Luke's mum and Luke's brother Adam were all very strong and courageous people, they were truly in shock like we all were but handled it with a bravery that i didn't know existed.
I'm not too good in these situations so the best i could offer was to walk Nora in when we were finally allowed in to see Luke, hold her hand as she said goodbye to him and help her walk out of the building when the time came to finally leave. One of the hardest and most gut wrenching moments of my life.
Afterwards we went back to Nora's family’s home and just basically sat there for i don't know how long and just let it begin to sink in. Haven’t really slept at all since then to be honest I can only imagine what Luke’s family is feeling right now.
I have known Luke for a long time and what he has done for me as a mate and a mentor in bodybuilding will never be forgotten.
He would not want any of us to dwell on the negatives but to remember him for all his positives. All the good times with his mates training, eating, laughing and living his dream of being a Pro Bodybuilder freaking people out wherever he want. He truly was an Aussie Mass monster and did us all proud.
His family appreciate all the support and I am going to see Nora tonight again and she has asked to see this thread so if anyone has some photos of Luke they would like to dig up and post please do so as she would love to see them.
Rest In Peace brother and I’m sorry I’ve been so busy lately setting up the shop that we never had the dinner I promised the past few weeks, I'll do what i can to look after Nora to try and make it back up to you brother.

Nora has seen this thread and is overwhelmed by all the support and has said how happy Luke would be to know he touched so many peoples lives in the BB communtiy in Australia.
She is a very strong person but as you can imagine this is so hard for her and Luke's family but they are dealing with it as best they can.
Hopefully there will be details of Luke's funeral tomorrow so we can all come together and celebrate the life of Luke and say our final goodbyes.
Nora has said all are welcome to attend because that is how Luke would have wanted it, surrounded by all his mates.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2011, 10:12:52 AM »
I am very saddened to hear of this news.....From time to time....I would exchange emails with Luke....He was always very kind and pleasant and was willing to answer questions and just engage in training conversations.

I believe he was only in his mid 30s.....Way to soon to leave the world.

May God rest his soul.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2011, 04:43:24 PM »
Luke had a fair go at being a top bodybuilder.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2011, 05:04:07 PM »
Luke had a fair go at being a top bodybuilder.
He looks massive here. It is weird. In some shots he looks huge. And then some angles his arms shrink down. Almost like his arms would be big for a few days but would ultimately deflate - as if they knew they were never meant to be this huge.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2011, 05:11:58 PM »
Bodybuilding has a dangerous side. At the highest level they are 'required' to have shredded glutes. Thus dangerously low levels of bodyfat are required to achieve his look. In the process many top guys lose too much size and come in flat. I think that obviously happens to Luke. He is huge a couple of months out from contests. That is why his mates see him as a giant because he truly was that in the off season. A real pity bodybuilding has 'evolved' to needing conditioning to win. Finally the judges can find something objective to base their placings on. The toll on many guys is nasty and a few have died preparing for contests.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2011, 05:16:35 PM »
Hey Luke im not that much into bodybuilding anymore (i used to be, but i prefer other things now). However I still check the boards from time to time. What I want to say hasn't got anything to do with physique or whatsoever. I just wanted to point out that looking at the pics combined with ur posts here u seem to be a very nice guy with a great personality. I'm sure I'm not the only one who notices it, but in this 'outer-appearance' culture and especially subculture like bodybuilding it doesn't harm to pay some extra attention to these aspects of life. Keep going strong. Greets,

Thankyou so much!! that post is very kind of you and really means alot to me! My personality will carry me and anyone alot further than a physique will any day!! As bodybuilders we will come and go but our personailty stays with us for life!! If i can retire being know as a good bodybuilder (not a great bodybuilder, because im not, just good is good enough) and a very nice humble person, than im very happy!!

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2011, 05:34:30 PM »
Tony from Melbourne has confirmed it and others know about it. I wouldn't post a tribute otherwise.
His family appreciate all the support and I am going to see Nora tonight again and she has asked to see this thread so if anyone has some photos of Luke they would like to dig up and post please do so as she would love to see them.[/i]

Nora has seen this thread and is overwhelmed by all the support and has said how happy Luke would be to know he touched so many peoples lives in the BB communtiy in Australia.
She is a very strong person but as you can imagine this is so hard for her and Luke's family but they are dealing with it as best they can.

Nora can look on Milos' site for posts from Luke, he had 3700+ posts there. 99% being text, he didn't post much pictures.
He had his own section there which I'm sure she and his friends will like.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Re: Tribute to Aussie Pro Luke Wood.
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2011, 07:08:49 PM »
Did Luke really pass away?  I thought this was just ugly internet rumor.  Link to an official source?  If true, this is truly upsetting. He always seemed like such a nice guy. Please tell me this isn't true.  ??? :'(
Yes - unfortunatly it is true  :'(

He was having issues with rejection to a kidney transplant over the last few weeks - the anti rejection drugs were just not helping - He made a post thanking everyone for there kind thoughts to this issue at the start of this past week and the next day he passed away - Tony/MusscleMessiah has confirmed it is true on a couple of other boards so if he has confirmed it then it is no BS.

RIP Luke - tragic to be taken with still so much life left in years..  :( - Thoughts go out to his family, friends and Fiance

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2011, 07:12:58 PM »
Vince would make a better athletes' rep than Chick.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2011, 08:10:38 PM »
One of his favorite moments

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2011, 07:19:29 AM »
Luke Wood funeral details:

Date: Thursday, September 8th, 2011
Time: 11.00am
Location: St Christopher Parish, 235 Tower Street, Panania NSW.

for more funeral details,please check here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hardcore-Aussie-Muscle/266528736697901?v=wall

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2011, 06:05:02 PM »
Come on getbig, honor one of us here instead of all those negative posts. Luke was a good man.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2011, 11:13:14 PM »
THE bodybuilding community is mourning the loss of another of its muscled champions - six-time Australian Bodybuilding Champion Luke Wood.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/bodybuilder-luke-wood-dies-after-kidney-transplant/story-e6freuy9-1226129243854

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2011, 09:53:45 PM »
The moderators should be ashamed of themselves for not making this positive thread a sticky.

Luke posted here and was a Pro. I will keep posting more photos of him here.

Luke's funeral was this morning.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2011, 11:05:04 PM »
Luke, pull your head 'out' of your ass and look in the mirror!  Staring back is an aesthetic-nightmare!

This drug guru of yours, has been in your ear for way too long!

He is trouble.  Look at 'his' history with previous clients; if you need evidence of that!

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2011, 12:55:17 AM »
What a damn shame, I only found out on this very thread that he had passed.  RIP, Luke. Condolences to his family and friends.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2011, 01:06:27 AM »
Come on getbig, honor one of us here instead of all those negative posts. Luke was a good man.

the best way you yourself can honor luke is by SHUTTING UP!,, your balonie about hormones,, and your misguded information ,, and your over all misleading...its a shame!,, you want to respect him? say nothing! he was a good kid ruined by milos ,,THE END

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2011, 01:30:35 AM »
Yes, substances such as hormones are dangerous if taken in large doses and for long periods of time. The collective professional musclehead sub-culture is partly responsible for Luke's early demise. Anyone advocating these powerful substances must share some of the blame. In the end, each of us has to accept responsibility for the choices we made. Sometimes we make mistakes re dosages and this can compound an already unhealthy state.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2011, 01:35:04 AM »
what are you dumb? dont you see he is full of diuretic in most picturs? cant you tell diuretic look? i dont get it what are you bringing chemicals into this,, its not aas,, its diuretics! its insulina and its narcotics,, nothing to do with aas

gh15 approved
fallen angel