Author Topic: Serious threat: Are steroid usage really worth it  (Read 6795 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Serious threat: Are steroid usage really worth it
« on: September 01, 2011, 09:40:08 AM »
Listen, most of you dislike me being a little outspoken and biast in regards to steroids...

I would like to ask all the getbiggers that have used or still use, do you honest to god believe it is worth it?

I do understand the reasons for using it if you are in the pro bodybuilding business and make a living, i do agree there are way worth and more hazardous ways of making your money.
But 99.9% of getbiggers will never make it that far, yet a lot of you use steroids.

So, why? you all know it is only for the moment and if not it will possibly fuck your health.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Re: Serious threat: Are steroid usage really worth it
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 09:55:36 AM »
most people on the planet live for the moment.

also, in this vanity driven society we live in, there's big societal pressure to look your best.  i'm not talking about the 100 ifbb pros that are freaks of nature, i'm talking millions (yes, millions) who use anabolics/gh/hrt/trt for anti-aging / looks only.

it doesn't bother me.  it's not different to me than getting a boob job or buying trendy shirts.
Deep Tissue Massage

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 09:58:31 AM »

also, in this vanity driven society we live in, there's big societal pressure to look your best.  i'm not talking about the 100 ifbb pros that are freaks of nature, i'm talking millions (yes, millions) who use anabolics/gh/hrt/trt for anti-aging / looks only.

it doesn't bother me.  it's not different to me than getting a boob job or buying trendy shirts.

Don't get me wrong the aspect that people take steroids doesn't bother me (as in the individulal) what I hate and dispise is the hypocracy the lying and weasling and looking for convenient reasons to stay on drugs is what I realy fucking hate.

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 10:01:35 AM »

also, in this vanity driven society we live in, there's big societal pressure to look your best.  i'm not talking about the 100 ifbb pros that are freaks of nature, i'm talking millions (yes, millions) who use anabolics/gh/hrt/trt for anti-aging / looks only.it doesn't bother me.  it's not different to me than getting a boob job or buying trendy shirts.
Don't forget the other millions who use it for actual athletic purposes on top of vanity.

I would tend to agree with your last sentance as long as it is not with the intention of gathering an unfair athletic advantage.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 10:03:22 AM »
Listen, most of you dislike me being a little outspoken and biast in regards to steroids...

I would like to ask all the getbiggers that have used or still use, do you honest to god believe it is worth it?

I do understand the reasons for using it if you are in the pro bodybuilding business and make a living, i do agree there are way worth and more hazardous ways of making your money.
But 99.9% of getbiggers will never make it that far, yet a lot of you use steroids.

So, why? you all know it is only for the moment and if not it will possibly fuck your health.

You need to rephrase what you are asking. There is a difference between use and abuse.  Over the last couple of decades doctors have identified the important of testosterone in males and that there is a negative effect when you reach your mid 30's and the levels drop.  That USE of a small dose of 200 mg per week or 2 weeks can get you back to your previous natural levels and have no adverse affects.

Then you have the abusers who worship the shitfuck GH15.  They think 200 MG eod plus tren, plus eq, plus dbol, plus superdrol, plus GH, plus insulin will make them look "jacked".    That's the group your threat,  err thread should concentrate on

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 10:03:44 AM »

Really no different than fucking up your body with drugs, alchohol or tobacco. None of it is worth it to me, but I still abused everthing listed. Why, I wish I knew. I have smartened up enough to give up about everything except for steroids. But I have not done a cycle since I battled prostate cancer 2 years ago. I do have the goodies ready and going to start one right after my blood work in October. They did try and blame steroids for the cancer, who knows for sure. Doc does have me on a script for test cyp now but I no longer have a prostate to develope more cancer into.  :'(

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 10:03:58 AM »
There's use and abuse.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 10:04:04 AM »
Don't get me wrong the aspect that people take steroids doesn't bother me (as in the individulal) what I hate and dispise is the hypocracy the lying and weasling and looking for convenient reasons to stay on drugs is what I realy fucking hate.

it's pure economics and marketing.  since most supplements are bought by kids (with their parents money), they need to promote a product that builds muscle and is safe.  since such thing doesn't exist besides steroids, which are illegal, they have to resort to lying in order to make a buck.  can you see kai greene in the regular workforce? lulz.

since the congressional hearings etc, and this witch hunt on steroids, people just have to lie because government/media made steroid use equivalent to black tar heroin.

and in the end, most people who pursue physical development to that extreme are fucked up in the head to begin with; if you think about it, it's pure torture/inconvenience to desire that "body"; and once you get it, you can't even enjoy it because you're afraid you'll get fat again or you have a distorted body image, so you stay inside in a hoodie in the summer time.

Deep Tissue Massage

Kulutues

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 10:04:37 AM »
depends on the person.  people like Kevin Levrone have the potential to turn on God mode with steroids, so yes it is worth it for him

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 10:04:58 AM »
Good question Stark.

I personally only started using once I made the decision to compete.  If I didn't compete, I wouldn't use (I'll let you know how that goes when the competition days are done  ;) lol).  However, step back for a second and think of guys who don't use it purely for their desire to compete but just recreationally.  Think of AAS like any other DRUG... Alcohol, Marijuana, Pain Killers, Coke, etc... Why do people invest in any of this?  Cigarettes?  Think of how many hundreds of dollars most Americans spend in a bar on any given weekend?  For what?  How much money they pay for cigarettes?  For what?  It's all the same question.

Now AAS is FAR LESS dangerous then some of the drugs I mentioned, but like any drug, when a user likes how it effects them, they keep using (it's called addiction).  

Go ask a lung cancer patient why he had been smoking all those years and if the money spent and suffering caused due to it was worth it - same question as your OP.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 10:08:43 AM »
Can't see how anything that helps to kill you can be worth it
Reckless... Rash decision I bet you flex and Tom prince regret ever using it
Mike matazarro has said candidly in an Interview he wished he had carried in driving his delivery van and never became a pro bber.
choice is an illusion

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 10:09:38 AM »
Good question Stark.

I personally only started using once I made the decision to compete.  If I didn't compete, I wouldn't use (I'll let you know how that goes when the competition days are done  ;) lol).  However, step back for a second and think of guys who don't use it purely for their desire to compete but just recreationally.  Think of AAS like any other DRUG... Alcohol, Marijuana, Pain Killers, Coke, etc... Why do people invest in any of this?  Cigarettes?  Think of how many hundreds of dollars most Americans spend in a bar on any given weekend?  For what?  How much money they pay for cigarettes?  For what?  It's all the same question.

Now AAS is FAR LESS dangerous then some of the drugs I mentioned, but like any drug, when a user likes how it effects them, they keep using (it's called addiction).  

Go ask a lung cancer patient why he had been smoking all those years and if the money spent and suffering caused due to it was worth it - same question as your OP.

So incorrect here.  AAS is not like any other drug.  The fact is your body naturally creates testosterone,the fact that you were born a boy and not a girl was the testosterone in your mom winning out.  It is a naturally occuring substance.  The fact you have hair on your balls and a deeper voice and are considered a man is because of it.

Alcohol, weed, coke is a manufactured substance meant to have a psychotropic effect on your brain and nervous system.  Don't mistaken what your body creates vs. what man creates in a lab.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 10:12:41 AM »
So incorrect here.  AAS is not like any other drug.  The fact is your body naturally creates testosterone,the fact that you were born a boy and not a girl was the testosterone in your mom winning out.  It is a naturally occuring substance.  The fact you have hair on your balls and a deeper voice and are considered a man is because of it.

Alcohol, weed, coke is a manufactured substance meant to have a psychotropic effect on your brain and nervous system.  Don't mistaken what your body creates vs. what man creates in a lab.

yeah, but tren, dbol, clen, t3, diuretics, etc. aren't.
Deep Tissue Massage

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 10:13:28 AM »
Really no different than fucking up your body with drugs, alchohol or tobacco. None of it is worth it to me, but I still abused everthing listed. Why, I wish I knew. I have smartened up enough to give up about everything except for steroids. But I have not done a cycle since I battled prostate cancer 2 years ago. I do have the goodies ready and going to start one right after my blood work in October. They did try and blame steroids for the cancer, who knows for sure. Doc does have me on a script for test cyp now but I no longer have a prostate to develope more cancer into.  :'(
Steroids do not cause prostate cancer, but it can promote cancerous cells that are allready there. Not kidding, I would advise you not to use steroids. There can be dormant cells anywhere in your body.
It's your own trip,of course....

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 10:14:21 AM »

IT'S NOT THE STEROIDS.
b

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 10:19:22 AM »
people in the past could only focus on earning money, working, family and were all religious, following the same principles, they were all the same and happy that way. Everything was a lot easier. They were social and existing for the whole group.

Nowadays they re lazy, have too much time on their hands, dont believe in anything but themselves, and constantly want to dominate each others. They re falling for all the sins, luxury, glutony, sloth, greed,jealousy...

People are  not even happier the more technology  progresses, it's in fact the oposite. Ironic isnt it.  There are two trees in the original eden. The tree of knowledge and the tree of eternity, and god said "you ve eaten the apple of the tree of knowledge, do not eat the apple that comes of the tree of eternity !"

isnt this exactly what we re attempting to do with science ? We have not been designed to be gods. We have been created to be humans, working, resting the seventh day of the week, to be happy that way following the principles of those who created us and gave us our "how to -live-" guide. Are we becoming our own gods, will we become the greys in the future, leave earth, come back to it and engeneer human beings again? What is the meaning of all of this? Why have we been created? are we some kind of food, animals, genetically created by superior beings who feed themselves with our feelings?

The only reason why people use steroids is; Vanity. To be bigger, impress, dominate other people. They dont want to inspire them, they want to belittle them, crush them, that's what makes them feel better about themselves. Everything is a constant race for bigger weapons, psychologically and physically. There is no other reason why they do it but to make themselves feel better at the expense of other people they consider untermenschs...because they re not on steroids all life long like them.
 Human beings didnt need steroids to stay alive -and happy- for a loooong time before these sad times we re living in.

All these "tough" people who can inject roids but cant love women or kids, cant build a family, cant hunt, cant use a rifle, cant take fishes in the river, cant build a hut using wood, cant start a fire....

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 10:20:38 AM »

Actually I think you're a little off here... Testosterone Injections are synthetic and man made my friend.  Powder cooked into oil.  Hhhhhmmmmm kinda similar to other drugs that are powders and get cooked down and injected.

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 10:23:38 AM »
I also want to throw in that the only AAS even close to something your body naturally produces is TNE.  Your body doesn't naturally compound esthers to the hormones it releases either, nor does it naturally create a drug used for horses like EQ.  Nandrolone isn't produced in the body last I checked.  Neither in Stanzolol.  Don't know where you're body created Finaplex tablets to make into Trenbolone naturally, but maybe I'm missing something.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »
people in the past could only focus on earning money, working, family and were all religious, following the same principles, they were all the same and happy that way. Everything was a lot easier. They were social and existing for the whole group.

Nowadays they re lazy, have too much time on their hands, dont believe in anything but themselves, and constantly want to dominate each others. They re falling for all the sins, luxury, glutony, sloth, greed,...

People are  not even happier the more technology  progresses, it's in fact the oposite. Ironic isnt it.  There are two trees in the original eden. The tree of knowledge and the tree of eternity, and god said "you ve eaten the apple of the tree of knowledge, do not eat the apple that comes of the tree of eternity !"

isnt this exactly what we re attempting to do with science ? We have not been designed to be gods. We have been created to be humans, working, resting the seventh day, to be happy that way following the principles of those who created us.

well you seem to have it all figured out, so why don't you throw your computer out the window and go move into the woods, smart guy?
Deep Tissue Massage

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 10:24:36 AM »

If you're making Millions,then sure it's worth it.. But if you just want to be the biggest guy in the gym,no!  It is not worth it.

Xerxes

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 10:37:29 AM »
well you seem to have it all figured out, so why don't you throw your computer out the window and go move into the woods, smart guy?
LOL, I think he is closing in on a suicidal state. Deep existential angst and lack of faith in humanity/purpose.

You ok uberman?

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 10:54:53 AM »
Like others stated - no worse than destroying your liver with alcohol. Or smoking, rec drugs etc.  Id prefer the effects from 1 shot of cyp to drinking alcohol for a night.

dustin

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 11:17:57 AM »
If you want to start making stupid statements, please consider the fact that more people die each year by falling out of their bed at night than they do from steroid abuse.

I don't know about you, but I participate in routine bouts of sleeping every night. I am not going to forfeit my sleeping habit because there's a risk my dumb ass might fall out of bed and die. The dangers about steroids are there, just like everything else in life. But the dangers are grossly exaggerated.

In the medical community, particularly endocrinology and metabolism, you can have a civil discussion regarding exogenous hormones and their application in a medical context. Real facts are discussed and debated logically and intelligently. Change that context to someone who isn't hypogonadal (aka juicing) and all of the sudden they become bias against these vile, destructive anabolic steroids. HRT = good. Supraphysiological levels = FUCKING EVIL!!!! ::)

If you inject x amount of test and other steroids it's perfectly fine. Go over the acceptable levels and all of the sudden it'll bring death to your entire family and all of your close friends. Fucking ridiculous. If you're dumb enough to fall for that drivel then you should not procreate.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 11:18:20 AM »

IT'S NOT THE STEROIDS.
Finally, a scientist chimes in.

Thanks for all the research you do.
G

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 12:15:43 PM »
Finally, a scientist chimes in.

Thanks for all the research you do.

thank you for noticing my contributions.
b