Author Topic: Report: No jobs added in August, economy stagnant, double dip recession,  (Read 7373 times)

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
Re: Report: No jobs added in August, economy stagnant, double dip recession,
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 03:16:12 PM »
Its more of the American "Instant Microwave" mentality. Americans want things, quick, in a hurry. They want instant solutions. Like instant meals. We (Americans) are used to it, so when it takes awhile, it's very natural for people to complain.

Trust me, I am used to the military "hurry up to wait"... When this President says he has a plan that will put people back to work and he needs 787 Billions dollars to do and that plan falls flat on its ass, you bet people are going to a little pissed to see their tax money go up in smoke. The wars don't help but bailouts and all that other shit doesn't help either. If you don't have a plan, move out of the way and listen to some of the people that do and implement it, don't pull something out of your ass and hope for the best.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 03:16:43 PM »
Obama admitted himself that within 3 years it is his economy! That if he hasn't turned it around by that time he is a one-termer.  http://seeineye.free2explore.com/?p=11451

Yet people still make excuses for him? Get over it, he failed.

I bet Obama don't even want to be elected, yet his fanatic supporters will come back to bite him and have him back for another 4 years... poor guy.  ;D

he may have said that he wouldnt win reelection if the economy didnt turn around  but he didnt say that if it hadnt it would be his fault  ::) and that link is to nothing but some random guys blog with no proof of that assertion

Typical straw man response of someone who hasn't even an elementary understanding of what's going on.

Tell your eco profs they need to do a better job educating future Americans.
 ::) please... enlighten me..

The democrats were in power in the House and Senate since 2006. Obama in the White since 2008. Do the freaking math.
the problem didnt start in 2006, 2004, 2002 or even 2000 it goes back much further than that and while government policies did play a role in letting it happen and facilitating it to some degree a large part of the blame for the recession is to be laid on the backs of greedy individuals, both on wall street and the people who bought homes they couldnt afford betting that the markets would keep on inflating at the same pace.   and thats just the collapse, the reason we cant pull out of this mess is because we lost all of our manufacturing jobs over the past 50 years due to outsourcing and because our education system is entirely fucked up

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 03:17:18 PM »
And the republican that will beat Obama is...?  Oh, that's right, they have no one.

Rick Perry.

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 03:22:25 PM »
he may have said that he wouldnt win reelection if the economy didnt turn around  but he didnt say that if it hadnt it would be his fault  ::) and that link is to nothing but some random guys blog with no proof of that assertion

::) please... enlighten me..
 the problem didnt start in 2006, 2004, 2002 or even 2000 it goes back much further than that and while government policies did play a role in letting it happen and facilitating it to some degree a large part of the blame for the recession is to be laid on the backs of greedy individuals, both on wall street and the people who bought homes they couldnt afford betting that the markets would keep on inflating at the same pace.   and thats just the collapse, the reason we cant pull out of this mess is because we lost all of our manufacturing jobs over the past 50 years due to outsourcing and because our education system is entirely fucked up

I will agree on your last point.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 03:23:35 PM »
right.. if only we eliminated corporate tax, abolished the minimum wage, got rid of all environmental restrictions.. then we could have a nice economy! oh yea! lets suck the cock of big business and get them to start producing!  ::)

even in that case there still wouldnt be any demand for their products and theyd just keep all the new money for themself, not hire more people. they only do that when demand increases.
Typical straw man response of someone who hasn't even an elementary understanding of what's going on.

Tell your eco profs they need to do a better job educating future Americans.
this is the same moron that believes businesses dont stimulate aggregate demand...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2011, 03:24:24 PM »

I will agree on your last point.
yup and dizzle is a prime example of our education system

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2011, 03:30:55 PM »
The problem is demographics.

Ten hears ago the boomers were 55, had houses that were jumping in value and were buying second homes in Hawaii.

Now they are 65, their kids are still living at home and have college debt and they are worried about being fired.

Study japan the next boom is a long way off.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2011, 03:32:34 PM »
the problem with the way conservatives think about economics is that they view people as dependant on business as opposed to business being dependant on people.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2011, 03:36:24 PM »
the problem with the way conservatives think about economics is that they view people as dependant on business as opposed to business being dependant on people.
did your professor tell you that?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2011, 05:18:59 PM »
My daughter is in college studing pharmacy for her Doctor degree in NJ.  The starting pay in many areas is over 120K.  The college can't find any Americans that can keep up with the math and chemistry.  This american college in NJ is filled with foreigners from all over the world.  They want to come to America and they all have a great back ground in math and sciences.  Education should be a priority but Americans have gotten soft emphasizing sports and having a good time.

Second as Americans we make nothing.  A factory owner making can openers used to pay union wages, health care, pensions, vacations, sick time, heavy rent and property taxes. Then he finds out he can have them made with slave labor in China for pennies.  He gets rid of the workers and the factory.  Now he's rolling in money and China gets more powerful.

We have to stop getting loans from China. Raising the debt ceiling is a fancy term for a loan from China. They can drop an economic nuclear bomb by demanding payment. They won't.  As long as we keep buying their crap.  We also have to stop printing money with no backing.

The housing mortgage problem was done by the democratic lead congress during the Bush era lead by Barney Frank and Cuomo.  Frank said owning a house is a right.  They demanded adjustable rate mortgages for people who were big risks to repayment.  Then when the housing market inflated the same people borrowed against their home for cars and vacations.  Then the bottom fell.  

To get our house in order we as a government have to stop spending more than we bring in.  We also have to put taxes on any American buisness that manufactures out of the US.  We can't put tariffs on China because they would retaliate.

W

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 05:28:24 PM »
My daughter is in college studing pharmacy for her Doctor degree in NJ.  The starting pay in many areas is over 120K.  The college can't find any Americans that can keep up with the math and chemistry.  This american college in NJ is filled with foreigners from all over the world.  They want to come to America and they all have a great back ground in math and sciences.  Education should be a priority but Americans have gotten soft emphasizing sports and having a good time.

Second as Americans we make nothing.  A factory owner making can openers used to pay union wages, health care, pensions, vacations, sick time, heavy rent and property taxes. Then he finds out he can have them made with slave labor in China for pennies.  He gets rid of the workers and the factory.  Now he's rolling in money and China gets more powerful.

We have to stop getting loans from China. Raising the debt ceiling is a fancy term for a loan from China. The can drop an economic nuclear bomb by demanding payment. They won't.  As long as we keep buying their crap.  We also have to stop printing money with no backing.

The housing mortgage problem was done by the democratic lead congress during the Bush era lead by Barney Frank and Cuomo.  Frank said owning a house is a right.  They demanded adjustable rate mortgages for people who were big risks to repayment.  Then when the housing market inflated the same people borrowed against their home for cars and vacations.  Then the bottom fell. 

To get our house in order we as a government have to stop spending more than we bring in.  We also have to put taxes on any American buisness that manufactures out of the US.  We can't put tariffs on China because they would retaliate.

W
you have a decent understanding but some things are wrong. for example, theres no reason why we cantr keep borrowing for china. you say they will retaliate. no. they dont have the ability to do so, and besides.. their entire economy is dependant upon ours. attacking us or ceasing to loan us money wouldnt make any sense for them, they would be hurting themselves.  and increasing the debt ceiling is not a fancy term for borrowing more money, it means that we are not going to cut government programs or raise taxes to compensate for the recession.  and yes, we should do something about outsourcing to get jobs back here. you say we should tax american businesses who operate overseas, but then you say we shouldnt tariff... but thats basically what taxing americans overseas is.. except your letting the chinese companies off the hook. thats not very smart. you put a heavy tax on all goods coming from overseas, thats how you force business to start producing at home. we have been in a trade defecit for a long time so tariffs will only help us.  our education system does need revamping but we should not focus solely on math and science as only about 10% of people are really college material, we need to focus more on vocational training to get skilled workers.   

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2011, 05:53:50 PM »
our education system does need revamping but we should not focus solely on math and science as only about 10% of people are really college material, we need to focus more on vocational training to get skilled workers.   
I agree a few decades ago a guy could skip college go to California, suck dick and hang around a couple of gyms to get an on-the-job apprenticeship and 10 years later he would have a steady job like the one Bob Chick has

Now it is all this complicated maths 100 ius of this, 10 mg of that, and advanced biochemistry -learning androgenic receiver pathways etc- and in the end you have acquired no real world skills. I mean most of today's pros couldn't suck dick to save their lifes.

Listen to chick. The guy has been talking about coming up with these life-skills programs to equip pros for their retirement for ages but to no allay

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2011, 05:57:10 PM »
Tbomb I could never change your leftist thinking.  Just vote for Obama next election and I won't.

Do you think taking loans from China is a good business practice?  It's not as simple as it's the recession and you have to keep going with government entitlements. Entitlements start as a good thing then it gets abused.  How many thirty year olds are collecting social security for life because of a phony back or a psychological ailment? How many aren't looking for a job getting unemployment because Obama made it so easy to collect long term?   Getting back to China they can retaliate by saying no more loans and demanding payments on the trillions we borrowed. That can be said for the loans from Russia too.

I said tax Americans who manufacture overseas for import here.  If we tariff goods coming in from China I guarantee you China will retaliate with an economic nuclear bomb of wanting stiff payments to begin.  

It's to bad colleges are filled with left leaning professors.  It's bad enough the media is overwhelmingly biased backing the left.  

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2011, 06:15:13 PM »
Tbomb I could never change your leftist thinking.  Just vote for Obama next election and I won't.

Do you think taking loans from China is a good business practice?  It's not as simple as it's the recession and you have to keep going with government entitlements. Entitlements start as a good thing then it gets abused.  How many thirty year olds are collecting social security for life because of a phony back or a psychological ailment? How many aren't looking for a job getting unemployment because Obama made it so easy to collect long term?   Getting back to China they can retaliate by saying no more loans and demanding payments on the trillions we borrowed. That can be said for the loans from Russia too.

I said tax Americans who manufacture overseas for import here.  If we tariff goods coming in from China I guarantee you China will retaliate with an economic nuclear bomb of wanting stiff payments to begin.  

It's to bad colleges are filled with left leaning professors.  It's bad enough the media is overwhelmingly biased backing the left.  

"entitlements" are not the problem with the budget, its the wars overseas combined with the recession. entitlements existed in the late 90's when we had a surplus. 

china can not do anything to retaliate, they can ask for payment but they have no way to force it to happen, and there investors will always buy our loans/bonds because they know they are guaranteed. american bonds are the most secure on the planet.

yes most academics and educated people "lean to the left". that should be a hint.  :)

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 06:19:20 PM »
.  It's bad enough the media is overwhelmingly biased backing the left.  

This is one crazy muthatfucker right here

media is  overwhelmingly biased backing the left??

fuck me that is like saying the pope is protestant. You are the kind of idiot that is so far to right that  he is about to come around full swing to the left.

which media are u talking about? do you believe in a reality-based world or in a shit is what i think it is, world?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 07:19:04 PM »
did you ask your professor about businesses and aggregate demand dizzle?

did they set you straight?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2011, 07:26:23 PM »
Actually only a few people "predicted" it would last this long.  There's no question that it hasn't been compounded by this administrations policies, however.  We're much worse off than what we would have been if things were handled differently.

And can you suggest how things should have been handled?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2011, 07:28:12 PM »
When you move out of mommy's house and pay your own bills then you can contribute to threads such as these!

Why does this statement seem familiar to me. Hmm, think I may know where this is coming from.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »
My daughter is in college studing pharmacy for her Doctor degree in NJ.  The starting pay in many areas is over 120K.  The college can't find any Americans that can keep up with the math and chemistry.  This american college in NJ is filled with foreigners from all over the world.  They want to come to America and they all have a great back ground in math and sciences.  Education should be a priority but Americans have gotten soft emphasizing sports and having a good time.

hahha,,fella y0u even know what you are talking aboutr,,and who are these foreigners who come here you DONT KNOW ONE!!! I know many forigeners who come here with medical degress from indai, europe, etc,,,they cant even become medical doctors because they cant endure what is required to become a liscened physican,,you know what they do??? Ill tell you what they do...

they become nurses thats what they do,,YES medical doctors in different countries become nurses here after they find out they cant do what is required in the american U>S system,,they even tell me how challenging it is to become a nurse vs their medical school in another countrie,,,

you know why they come here,,,they say they want a better life than the countrie they are from,,,hahaha so fella what you hear is rumors,,,I know many forgieners who tell me this,,,

As for the math and chemistry,,,you are wrong again,,,I know my math and chemistry more than the physican and I havent practiced being a physican for many years  now,,,,moonlighting as a teacher and business owner here in ARIZONA!!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2011, 08:01:50 PM »
And can you suggest how things should have been handled?
sure, you provide businesses with as stable a platform as you can to enable them to plan revenues and expenses.

Instead this administration has choosen to place their agenda ahead of the welfare of the citizens. Only an idiot would think that passing the health care bill would be a boost to the economy. Only a moron would think that toying with letting tax cuts expire for over a year would inspire consumer confidence. Only a jackass would believe that requiring banks to up their capital reserves would help in lending...

so the question, did they know they were going to harm the economy and not care or did are they really that inept?

your choice, either way he shouldnt be re-elected.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2011, 09:11:37 PM »
sure, you provide businesses with as stable a platform as you can to enable them to plan revenues and expenses.

Instead this administration has choosen to place their agenda ahead of the welfare of the citizens. Only an idiot would think that passing the health care bill would be a boost to the economy. Only a moron would think that toying with letting tax cuts expire for over a year would inspire consumer confidence. Only a jackass would believe that requiring banks to up their capital reserves would help in lending...

so the question, did they know they were going to harm the economy and not care or did are they really that inept?

your choice, either way he shouldnt be re-elected.

AND WHAT WAS GOING IN 2000 TO 2007 THEN??,,,,BUSH DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU DESCRIBED AND THATS WHAT GOT US INTO THIS EMSS,,,the business woners got greedy I got greetdy I was making 5 million,,,a year when bush was in office near end of his term,,,now I make 500k,,profit per year I still get to be lazy,,,and chill,,but I dont get to buy my ferraris and downgraded my home from 5k sq ft to 1700ft,,,and rent storage areas,,,you forget Bush did not put welfare or other hand outs during that period,,,and put business first,,,so you tell me,,,what works,,not bush nor obama,,they are so far left and right of each other,,,we need someone who is somewhat in between thewe two clowns,,

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2011, 09:29:55 PM »
AND WHAT WAS GOING IN 2000 TO 2007 THEN??,,,,BUSH DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU DESCRIBED AND THATS WHAT GOT US INTO THIS EMSS,,,the business woners got greedy I got greetdy I was making 5 million,,,a year when bush was in office near end of his term,,,now I make 500k,,profit per year I still get to be lazy,,,and chill,,but I dont get to buy my ferraris and downgraded my home from 5k sq ft to 1700ft,,,and rent storage areas,,,you forget Bush did not put welfare or other hand outs during that period,,,and put business first,,,so you tell me,,,what works,,not bush nor obama,,they are so far left and right of each other,,,we need someone who is somewhat in between thewe two clowns,,
Why would you have to down size to a small home if you make 500k. I like in a 5k sq foot house, and I don't make anything close to 500k.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2011, 09:51:49 PM »
Best Black prez America has ever had  :D

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2011, 10:46:35 PM »
Why would you have to down size to a small home if you make 500k. I like in a 5k sq foot house, and I don't make anything close to 500k.

I like living a certian lifestyle,,,I dont care about large homes,,,its not a neccsesity,,when bills start to take over,,your vacations,,freedome,,etc,,you downsaize,,,the large home was budget was gettinginto my FUN TIME MONEY,,,travel with my fellow bodybuilders,,,hang out at oxygen just no travel time,,,due to budget constraints,,,Im not dumb when it comes to money I will sell my HOMES,,,if I have to Im not typical americano where I will try to keep stretching my budget I know when to fold them and let it go,,,

would you rather take two jobs to keep a home,,or sell yoru home and get a smaller home and NOT WORK or twork two jobs,,to keep bigger home,,,I talke the lazy route cause IM not chasing a wheel like a rat in a cage,,, :)

Homes in arizona,,tanked and homes in san diego tanked,,,I have plenty in the real in estate market in both states during my peak of bodybuiling,,,

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2011, 11:02:50 PM »
"Most academics and educated people lean to the left, that should be a hint" this is the facts about that tbombz. Thats what they want you to think by coming as intellectual elitists when in FACT in recent times (say the last 40 or so years) they have been the ones that have been declining this country. Of course I wont put JFK into that catagory because IMO he was and could have made a great president, but during that time he would have been considered a republican. That being said Carter was a failure for his policies and proved to be a terrorist sympathizer and buddied up to communists, fast forward to 2008 and here we are again Carter x 3 with failed policies. I dont care how fucking educated you are, commonsense tells you the debt (borrowing, in case you didn't know) only causes more debt....it's a snowball effect.