Author Topic: Leg Mass  (Read 6275 times)

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
Re: Leg Mass
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 08:03:16 PM »
leg extensions= like pushdowns for triceps, leg curl= like biceps curls  :P

its like saying if close grip bench press (Squats) is better than pushdowns (extensions) for developping triceps (quads).. same shit excepting that you can focus on one muscle

this is more like it....and how can you be locking out at the top of the leg extension???
T

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 11:35:21 AM »
Ok so now im doing this for my leg routine and so far it feels like its gonna get some decent results atleast.

Quad extensions - 6x10
One legged extensions - 6x10
Isolated leg curls - 10x10
Leg press calf raises - 6x10

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2011, 07:21:34 PM »
What about the hack squat machine? Should have good support for your back?

trapz101, leg extentions get a bad wrap because of the way the weight sits on the ankle and how that puts "sheer" pressure on the knee, personally I do them and heavy and I have yet to have any problems from them.
Hacks are a good alternative to squats but with a bad back I don't know how they work for the op. I am up to five plates a side for 10. I've done leg extensions for yeeeeeears and have never had any knee issues.
T

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2011, 11:31:14 AM »
Hacks are a good alternative to squats but with a bad back I don't know how they work for the op. I am up to five plates a side for 10. I've done leg extensions for yeeeeeears and have never had any knee issues.

When i try hacks they tend to PULL on my lumbar and start to hurt the area that the fusion is in so hacks are counted out as well.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2011, 02:34:25 PM »
As has been pointed out many times if you go through any kind of knee surgery rehab they make you do extentions so they can't be all that bad can they? I don't think I've ever heard of anyone tearing a quad or pulling a Jean Pierre Fux while doing extentions.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!