Author Topic: Why pro today have relative larger legs than old days ?  (Read 13943 times)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: Why pro today have relative larger legs than old days ?
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 05:33:08 PM »
drugs, more people in the 'sport' and more emphasis on legs (although a lot of pros leg training is totally lazy ass training)

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 05:35:38 PM »
reason is the massive gh and insulina doses,, they  grow everything ,, or should i say they blow up! blow up is the word..they blow up everything,, blow it up and make sure the bodyfat between skin and muscle is low....

back then in the 70s there was no usage of insulina ....and gh was vry experiemental not even remotly close to 20 iu a day lol ,, today fellas dont even train unless a good stack of hgh and insulina is in the blood,, im really talkin here 15+ iu gh and LOTS of insulina ,, i cant put here numbers becuase it can really harm an 18 year old who jus tstarted training 2 months ago,,it can harm anyone to be honest make many insulina dependent and add to kidney problems after prolonged usage

gh15 approved

ok gh15 i can tell ur american hahahah...... i love the broken english though...... i admire the effort you put in to write badly ........however its nothing really to do with the increase of drugs and how potent the drugs have become........its to do with the fine tuning of bodybuilding......guys have realised that more balance has to be achieved in order to get the nod from the judges......its that simple..........all muscle grows from drug use.......its up to the individual to stimulate each muscle equally and in proportion to the other muscle groups = simple!

monstercalves approved hahah!

ps....... stop writing in broken english .......its wasting you're time and your students.....just be real....

nobody knows nor can prove who you are !!!!!!

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 06:32:35 PM »
slin and gh

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 07:10:50 PM »

Like I say, his legs were never huge. He did achieve quite good wheels for a time, but they were never huge.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 07:12:18 PM »

Eight reps with 315 on front squat and he is on gas and Mr. Olympia?! What a flake. Plus, he looks small (for him) in this video.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 07:17:46 PM »
Like I say, his legs were never huge. He did achieve quite good wheels for a time, but they were never huge.
The only people that need bigger legs than Arnold is national level BB. Those big as legs are so non functional for most activities in life.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 07:21:04 PM »
The only people that need bigger legs than Arnold is national level BB. Those big as legs are so non functional for most activities in life.

How about the competitive powerlifter who builds them to immense proportions from all the heavy lifting? It's the reverse of bodybuilding training: the size is a by-product.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »
Legs should be proportionate, not disgustingly oversized.  For example, if your chest is 57", your thighs should each measure 28.5".  These fat ass, muscularly obese dung beetles of today are so overdone it is retarded.  Their ass is so huge they probably have schmoes wipe their butt for them after they take a dump. The reasons being,  one - for the money and two - because they can't reach around their fat butts and huge guts to do it themselves.

Ideally the neck, arms and calves should all measure the same and as I said, the sum of both thigh measurements should equal the chest measurement. As for the waist, todays piles of shit have wastes.

FTN.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 07:55:36 PM »
Legs should be proportionate, not disgustingly oversized.  For example, if your chest is 57", your thighs should each measure 28.5".  These fat ass, muscularly obese dung beetles of today are so overdone it is retarded.  Their ass is so huge they probably have schmoes wipe their butt for them after they take a dump. The reasons being,  one - for the money and two - because they can't reach around their fat butts and huge guts to do it themselves.

Ideally the neck, arms and calves should all measure the same and as I said, the sum of both thigh measurements should equal the chest measurement. As for the waist, todays piles of shit have wastes.

FTN.

lol you;re saying ronnie has nice thighs and chest, I agree...

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 08:01:59 PM »

Arnold's legs look AWESOME in these pics

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 08:03:20 PM »
Drugs. Guys are 40-60lbs heavier and leaner in contest shape now, all that weight has to go somewhere. Big bodybuilders were #200-210 in conestest shape back in the 70's. Very tall ones maybe 10-20 heavier than that.

^This^

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 08:05:30 PM »
reason is the massive gh and insulina doses,, they  grow everything ,, or should i say they blow up! blow up is the word..they blow up everything,, blow it up and make sure the bodyfat between skin and muscle is low....

back then in the 70s there was no usage of insulina ....and gh was vry experiemental not even remotly close to 20 iu a day lol ,, today fellas dont even train unless a good stack of hgh and insulina is in the blood,, im really talkin here 15+ iu gh and LOTS of insulina ,, i cant put here numbers becuase it can really harm an 18 year old who jus tstarted training 2 months ago,,it can harm anyone to be honest make many insulina dependent and add to kidney problems after prolonged usage

gh15 approved

Gh15, at what point someone would lose his natural test production due to aas? and is every nowday pro diabetic?

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 08:11:02 PM »
lol you;re saying ronnie has nice thighs and chest, I agree...

Coleslaw is a toxic waste dump. 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2011, 08:11:27 PM »
Smaller thongs make the legs look bigger.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2011, 08:16:55 PM »
Coleslaw is a toxic waste dump. 

yeah but you're throwing up ronnie numbers lol

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2011, 08:17:14 PM »
Smaller thongs make the legs look bigger.

ROFLMAO!!!!

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 04:22:19 AM »
Today the dwarfs rule....short legs appear bigger with some muscle.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2011, 04:26:44 AM »

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2011, 05:10:56 AM »
and why are you talking about legs only??.. all parts have become bigger because of moder drugs!!..

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2011, 05:35:21 AM »
Who the hell would want legs bigger than Arnold in those pics?

Being able to walk and run is a good thing. Upper body should always be a bit bigger than legs.
Trans Milkshake.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 07:01:44 AM »
ronnies physique has always been crap after 96-97. Bloated mess. He was better before he ever won his first mr o.

Platz looked like shit too.

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2011, 08:35:50 AM »

nice shape and conditioning, but despite the flattering lighting and shadows, let's be real here. his legs were tiny compared to ronnie coleman

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2011, 08:39:44 AM »
They didn't have such big legs back then cos they thought it looked stupid.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2011, 08:43:31 AM »
When I started lifting weights around 81-82 you almost never saw anyone training legs in the gym. There were lots of bbers walking around the gym with muscular upper bodies and lagging legs.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2011, 08:45:18 AM »
When I started lifting weights around 81-82 you almost never saw anyone training legs in the gym. There were lots of bbers walking around the gym with muscular upper bodies and lagging legs.

that's how it's supposed to be