Author Topic: Vince Basile thinks he can get back in shape like he did  (Read 18728 times)

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Re: Whats with this BAsile guy? Delusional? Pulling our chain?
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 02:09:55 AM »
I am the epitome of sane and rational. Most of the dudes here can't be helped so think by putting down others they are some sort of internet heroes.

I behave the same whether it is online or in real life. I can't say that for the Flotsam.

of course not. that goes for 99% of the guys on here. do you think they go out in public and insult people like they do on here? come on.  everyone is tough behind the key board. anyway vince answer my questions about training  ;D
irongearco.com

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2011, 02:11:14 AM »
Yet you put down Melvince no problem ?  ???

in all fairness he really doesn't count does he? everybody on here does that
irongearco.com

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2011, 02:13:59 AM »
All this bullshit and you still didn't adress any of my arguments from past thread. Can you please stop mumbling about your haters, science and other shit and start some solid discussion based on science?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 02:16:27 AM »
in all fairness he really doesn't count does he? everybody on here does that
HAHA This is true - but it still show's how much of a hypocrite Basil is

io856

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2011, 02:16:53 AM »
vince basile is an expert

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2011, 03:31:24 AM »
When you say "multiple sets" how many sets are you talking about exactly? It sounds to me like your theroy is a HIT/Volume hybrid with a high frequency of training (every 72 hrs).

According to Mentzer/Jones volume is a negative while intensity is a postive (basically keep the intensity as high as possible while keeeping the volume to an absolute minimum).

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2011, 03:56:46 PM »
vince basile is an expert

I would dare say he has also has a few "issues..."

His response about the "big arms if I wanted to" still blows me away.

He condescends just as I do, but he states that he is "the same" in everyday life. That's kind of fucked up. Oh well, I wonder how many champions he has actually trained.

Many of us has achieved competition status, but I don't believe that we need to constantly pound that information in peoples faces to somehow justify our credibility on "theories" about bodybuilding and nutrition.

Oh well. Maybe I should change the color of my font?

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2011, 04:30:15 PM »
He doesn't even train anymore and never had much muscle anyway. Training gets boring over time but doesn't take long. Depends if you are committed to talking or acting.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
Vince is a man that should be respected. He posts as himself and hides from no one. The guy was a champion bodybuilder for fuck sakes. More than 99.9% of the pathetic fucks on this site. The man should be respected for his dedication, knowledge and longetivity.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2011, 04:34:15 PM »
Here come the ignorant Flotsam. I have better things to do than post for a bunch of assholes here.

But yet you still do.

What are these so called "better things" you must do?

Get back to your Mr Canada condition??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2011, 04:34:54 PM »
Vince is a man that should be respected. He posts as himself and hides from no one. The guy was a champion bodybuilder for fuck sakes. More than 99.9% of the pathetic fucks on this site. The man should be respected for his dedication, knowledge and longetivity.
haha, says the in the closet homosexual, who posts rejected rejected gay penthouse forums fantasies. Post your real name and picture and back up what you post.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2011, 04:37:41 PM »

I attended several universities...

Uncle Pervy, did you graduate from any of them?  ::)

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2011, 04:38:41 PM »
Uncle Pervy, did you graduate from any of them?  ::)

Yes...let's see your edumacation Vincey.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2011, 04:40:57 PM »
IRL I wouldn't respond to anyone calling themselves dyslexic. I am a known bb champion and should be treated with more respect than some of you assholes give me.

haha holy shit, that's pathetic. You re hitting a new low with that post. What a loser, an old tired, out of shape has been who never was whoring for attention on an internet messageboard. That's what you  actually are in the eyes of everyone browsing this board.

Look at yourself in the fucking mirror, you look like just any random 60 y/o guy who didnt lift a weight in his life.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2011, 04:42:39 PM »
I came 2nd at a local level show. You motherfuckers should treat me with respect too.

biff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2011, 04:53:59 PM »

The key to hypertrophy is doing multiple sets with your maximum resistance. To obtain a big pump you have to keep the reps up. This also is beneficial because you don't cheat as much. So I advocate doing 15 reps for arms because by the time you reach your 3rd maximum set you will be down to about 10 reps. You can keep the reps up if you rest longer between sets.

you really think this is some revolutionary idea?

this is your issue, at the core. you think you are special, you have old man arrogance thinking you were greater than you were, and smarter/wiser than you really are now.

because no one agrees with you, we all must be stupid, crazy, or just disrespectfull 'youngins'

there is no 'theory of hypertrophy'. just the delusional ramblings of a bitter old man.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2011, 04:57:18 PM »
you really think this is some revolutionary idea?
this is your issue, at the core. you think you are special, you have old man arrogance thinking you were greater than you were, and smarter/wiser than you really are now.
because no one agrees with you, we all must be stupid, crazy, or just disrespectfull 'youngins'
there is no 'theory of hypertrophy'. just the delusional ramblings of a bitter old man.

Probably has saggy, wrinkled, "old man" balls too.

Jus' sayin'.   ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2011, 05:10:51 PM »
Almost all training methods have been tried by someone long ago. That is probably true. However, there still is a lot of confusion re volume vs intensity when there should be no such thing. In addition, all the talk about 'it is all drugs' has stopped most serious hypertrophy training discussions.

There are physiological facts about hypertrophy and how a muscle grows. Every correct theory has to be consistent with these facts. There is probably only one correct theory so Mike Mentzer was right about this. It remains of interest how such a bright guy kept saying it was intensity that was the biggest factor in hypertrophy. Mike also believed recovery was paramount for success and claimed success with his students when he had them train less frequently. I believe Mike and many others are mistaken about needing more time. In fact you have to avoid recovery because then you encounter the repeated bout effect. The RBE is well documented in various studies using intense protocols.

Dr Jose Antonio had astonishing results in his experiments with fowl. 300% growth in one month! He obtained the best results and guess what the frequency was for adding resistance? Every 3rd day. That is also what I concluded from my training on the pinch grip. If I trained more frequently or less frequently I didn't improve. So I adopted that frequency to my hypertrophy training and grew 1/10 of an inch per training day over 1 month. I believe it might be possible to grow more rapidly than this but it might require longer training sessions. It would still be interesting to do this experiment. Someone with 2 free months where they could do nothing but train would be the ideal subjects for this experiment.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2011, 05:33:08 PM »
Almost all training methods have been tried by someone long ago. That is probably true. However, there still is a lot of confusion re volume vs intensity when there should be no such thing. In addition, all the talk about 'it is all drugs' has stopped most serious hypertrophy training discussions.

There are physiological facts about hypertrophy and how a muscle grows. Every correct theory has to be consistent with these facts. There is probably only one correct theory so Mike Mentzer was right about this. It remains of interest how such a bright guy kept saying it was intensity that was the biggest factor in hypertrophy. Mike also believed recovery was paramount for success and claimed success with his students when he had them train less frequently. I believe Mike and many others are mistaken about needing more time. In fact you have to avoid recovery because then you encounter the repeated bout effect. The RBE is well documented in various studies using intense protocols.

Dr Jose Antonio had astonishing results in his experiments with fowl. 300% growth in one month! He obtained the best results and guess what the frequency was for adding resistance? Every 3rd day. That is also what I concluded from my training on the pinch grip. If I trained more frequently or less frequently I didn't improve. So I adopted that frequency to my hypertrophy training and grew 1/10 of an inch per training day over 1 month. I believe it might be possible to grow more rapidly than this but it might require longer training sessions. It would still be interesting to do this experiment. Someone with 2 free months where they could do nothing but train would be the ideal subjects for this experiment.

Are you agreeing with Mentzer ? Remember he was a guy loaded on so many drugs and not just AAS  :-\

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2011, 05:47:45 PM »
I see Basile as a very clever, extremely passive aggressive sociopath who only dates and fucks fat chicks because of some unresolved childhood insecurities about his own body. He once had a decent physique but didn't have the discipline to stay on any type of real diet. So instead of buckling down and getting himself in shape, he just hangs around severely overweight women who make him feel good about the "bodybuilder" he once was. :-\

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2011, 05:58:23 PM »
The ideal situation would be to include what Mike found into the Field Theory of Hypertrophy. People have been asking if Ray and Mike trained briefly or did they do more volume. I didn't actually train

with Ray but he had a good routine where he trained body parts twice per week. Once directly and once indirectly. He was already huge when he stayed at our place so I guess his brief workouts were sufficient

to keep that size. Intensity is an interesting subject and hasn't been understood by everyone. Basically if refers to the % of a 1 rep maximum that can lifted. Anyone who has competed in power lifting contests

knows that extreme soreness can result from those maximum lifts. So intensity is an important factor. What is missing is the volume. Why? Well, look at how big Arnold's arms were. I measured them in 1968 at 21

1/2 inches. I also measured his height in 1969 and he was 6 1 1/2in at night at Mitz Gym in Honolulu. Well, could he throw the shot put really far with those huge arms? No, not really. So what the heck are those

huge arms good for? Answer: intense muscular endurance. Not the kind of endurance for marathons but the kind where you move a reasonably heavy resistance many times. Thus training should be exactly like

this. The key is doing multiple sets with the maximum resistance. I advocate at least 5 maximum sets and perhaps more. How do you know if you have done enough? You must be sore the days following training.

That is essential for rapid growth.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2011, 06:02:15 PM »
I see Basile as a very clever, extremely passive aggressive sociopath who only dates and fucks fat chicks because of some unresolved childhood insecurities about his own body. He once had a decent physique but didn't have the discipline to stay on any type of real diet. So instead of buckling down and getting himself in shape, he just hangs around severely overweight women who make him feel good about the "bodybuilder" he once was. :-\

LOL. I like the part of being a sociopath. Even people who know me don't understand my lifestyle. Your theory isn't right but nice try.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2011, 06:06:14 PM »
LOL. I like the part of being a sociopath. Even people who know me don't understand my lifestyle. Your theory isn't right but nice try.

Just playing Basile. You know that... ;)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2011, 06:09:46 PM »
To the students of hypertrophy out there. Here is a simple experiment you can do to test my theory. If you don't grow rapidly....and are eating sufficient food....then my theory is false and must be

discarded. Okay, here is what you do. Select whatever exercise you want for biceps. Train in any fashion you want using reasonably heavy resistance but you must generate severe soreness in your biceps that

lasts several days. Retrain on the 3rd day even if still sore. After a few sets things will be fine. Keep the muscle sore. That is the key to rapid hypertrophy. Once you get to your maximum resistance then stay

there for many sets. If you can't generate soreness then choose another exercise or do more maximum sets or both. If you cannot generate soreness you will NOT grow rapidly.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2011, 06:10:15 PM »
Ok I quit, you are an idiot. You just WILL NOT debate about testosterone and its influence on muscle and then about testosterone decrease with age. Please just stop thinking you're intelligent. You are not. All you can do is write your meaningless bunk.

You would not solve any math problem or any real problem at all. Keep writing and fooling yourself you're smartass here.