Author Topic: Vince Basile thinks he can get back in shape like he did  (Read 18817 times)

che

• Getbig V
Re: Whats with this BAsile guy? Delusional? Pulling our chain?
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2011, 06:52:51 PM »
This is the commonly accepted story of the gradual decline over the years. Your eyesight will diminish as you approach 50, you lose hair,
you go grey, you lose melanin in your skin, you lose some strength, etc. However, what if is possible to keep your muscles
growing as you age? That is my point that few seem to understand. This is something new. Well, not to everyone but to
most people who exercise. Some older guys have obtained good results. Were they as good as in the past? Well, perhaps
not, although we don't know if they stimulated hypertrophy consistently or not. Most bodybuilders tend to evolve ways of
training and then seldom change their basic ideas. Few believe they might have been wrong about basic things.
It is my opinion that almost everyone is wrong about protein requirement and I think recovery re hypertrophy.
I don't have all the answers but it would be exciting if my ideas were tried out. I am talking about physiological processes.

Translation : I look like absolute shit .

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: Whats with this BAsile guy? Delusional? Pulling our chain?
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2011, 07:51:15 PM »
This is the commonly accepted story of the gradual decline over the years. Your eyesight will diminish as you approach 50, you lose hair,
you go grey, you lose melanin in your skin, you lose some strength, etc. However, what if is possible to keep your muscles
growing as you age? That is my point that few seem to understand. This is something new. Well, not to everyone but to
most people who exercise. Some older guys have obtained good results. Were they as good as in the past? Well, perhaps
not, although we don't know if they stimulated hypertrophy consistently or not. Most bodybuilders tend to evolve ways of
training and then seldom change their basic ideas. Few believe they might have been wrong about basic things.
It is my opinion that almost everyone is wrong about protein requirement and I think recovery re hypertrophy.
I don't have all the answers but it would be exciting if my ideas were tried out. I am talking about physiological processes.

Good post.

Reading Bill Pearl's books helps you to keep the faith too (and, of course, looking at the pics)

Bill Pearl absolutely does NOT believe in "creeping rigormortis" ~ he say's it's because people in this country are brainwashed into believing that everything goes downhill after 40.

It's all in your head.

"What the mind can conceive..."

(No Vince, this is not my alternate personality, I just like to mess with you from time to time.. blame on my refusal to grow up)