Author Topic: Disgusted - tell us about your training strategies  (Read 34443 times)

Alex23

Re: Disgusted - tell us about your training strategies
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2011, 08:47:58 PM »
i see kids who look good naked doing starting strength and shit like that...lifting too heavy and very limited routines in terms of exercise selection and volume. that's not bodybuilding that ego lifting or powerlifting. not the same thing.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2011, 10:31:05 PM »

Disgusted is one of my favorite posters on GETBIG.... I'd definitely like to get more information from him!

So here's a question,  what do you think is optimal protein intake for natural bodybuilders tryink to add mass?

I've always been a supporter of high high high protein consumption, like 2-2.5 g per pound of bodyweight!  I made my best results following that method.  But so many things I'm reading now is moving away from that idea. 

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2011, 04:02:45 AM »
Disgusted is one of my favorite posters on GETBIG.... I'd definitely like to get more information from him!

So here's a question,  what do you think is optimal protein intake for natural bodybuilders tryink to add mass?

I've always been a supporter of high high high protein consumption, like 2-2.5 g per pound of bodyweight!  I made my best results following that method.  But so many things I'm reading now is moving away from that idea. 

"I've always been a supporter of high high high protein consumption, like 2-2.5 g per pound of bodyweight!"...Not needed...overkill

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2011, 04:23:09 AM »
I like anywhere from 8 to 12 on average, but tend to stay around 12. I love to do high reps on legs on occasion 50 to 100 reps just for fun. I can get by with 10 sets for arms and 12 or slightly more for larger parts. I move pretty quick too. One thing you will notice is that if you rest just even 10 seconds more you are going to be a lot stronger the next set.
About volume, you seem to be somewhere in between low and high volume right?

Also I was wondering about what would be better.

For example for arms. 6 sets for bis and 6 for tris (with failure, forced reps etc)

OR

12 for bis and 12 for tris WITHOUT going to failure AT all. Just stop 2-3 reps away from "true failure".

What do you have to say, thanks.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2011, 04:24:28 AM »

Thats called Medium  :D

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2011, 04:26:34 AM »

For example for arms. 6 sets for bis and 6 for tris (with failure, forced reps etc)

OR

12 for bis and 12 for tris WITHOUT going to failure AT all. Just stop 2-3 reps away from "true failure".

Why not do both? Just switch it around, nothing is worse than doing the same shit all the time.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2011, 04:35:38 AM »
Subscribe.

Don't want to miss anything by Disgust.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2011, 04:40:43 AM »
Thats called Medium  :D
lol ;D rocket science.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2011, 08:37:51 AM »
All of his advice seems to be spot on to my knowledge.

I also know he is a big supporter of high Vit C intake for health reasons. He recommended a book to me a few years ago that really opened my eyes to the benefits of Vit C.

Here is one of the books.

"Why animals don't get heart attacks but people do"

http://www.amazon.com/Animals-Attacks-People-Fourth-Revised/dp/0967954681

8)

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2011, 08:48:15 AM »

I also know he is a big supporter of high Vit C intake for health reasons. He recommended a book to me a few years ago that really opened my eyes to the benefits of Vit C.

8)

So true, almost every animal makes Vitamin C except for humans primates and guinea pigs

Stavios

« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2011, 08:52:59 AM »

OR

for that shit just site inject them like a real man would !  >:(

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2011, 11:00:52 AM »
disgusted, what's your take on vitamin C?

I like to take 4 to 6 grams a day. You'll have to so your own research and make up your mind as to whether you think it is worth it.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2011, 11:03:10 AM »

8)

Yes its one of the main reason I believe my arteries are all clear.

http://store.ourhealthcoop.com/Heart_Plus_p/he.htm

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2011, 11:06:52 AM »
Ground Breaking Information here

::) ::) ::)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2011, 11:07:49 AM »

So here's a question,  what do you think is optimal protein intake for natural bodybuilders tryink to add mass?

I've always been a supporter of high high high protein consumption, like 2-2.5 g per pound of bodyweight!  I made my best results following that method.  But so many things I'm reading now is moving away from that idea.  

If you ask that questions to 10 different people you will get 10 different answers and be more confused than ever. General rule 1 gram per pound and I stress general. My people believe that a natural would need even more protein, but there is also the argument that a natural can not process protein as well as someone using anabolics. If you feel that you gains are better when your protein levels are higher than by all means stick to that! Bottom line is this. A natural is only going to get so big and forcing extra protein in WILL NOT FORCE GROWTH.

lesaucer

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2011, 11:19:02 AM »
Yes its one of the main reason I believe my arteries are all clear.

http://store.ourhealthcoop.com/Heart_Plus_p/he.htm

gold right there! damn why dont you share some more info like this?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »
i agree with most everything being said in this thread except  training frequency and rep range.

once per week isnt often enough. if your still sore 4 days after training you overtrained. twice a week is about right, but more like 6-7 times per  month .. (take a few days off every now and then).

reps 10-15 are good, reps above 20 are not. reps 5-10 are very good, just dont go to failure and dont do too many.  if you never do low reps you wont gain strength optimally and thus wont grow optimally. even just one set in the lower rep range is good. dont exclude heavy lifting just be smart about it. good form.

Stavios

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2011, 11:23:08 AM »
i agree with most everything being said in this thread except  training frequency and rep range.

once per week isnt often enough. if your still sore 4 days after training you overtrained. twice a week is about right, but more like 6-7 times per  month .. (take a few days off every now and then).
reps 10-15 are good, reps above 20 are not. reps 5-10 are very good, just dont go to failure and dont do too many.  if you never do low reps you wont gain strength optimally and thus wont grow optimally. even just one set in the lower rep range is good. dont exclude heavy lifting just be smart about it. good form.

x2

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2011, 11:27:13 AM »

once per week isnt often enough. if your still sore 4 days after training you overtrained. twice a week is about right, but more like 6-7 times per  month .. (take a few days off every now and then).

To each his own bro. I'm not a small guy and I've been training a body part once per week for over 20 years. As far as legs go, again they are not small and I rarley go below 15 reps on anything. Now, the two quotes by you below are just dead wrong.

"once per week isnt often enough"     "if you never do low reps you wont gain strength optimally and thus wont grow optimally"  (pure balogna)

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2011, 11:30:48 AM »
To each his own bro. I'm not a small guy and I've been training a body part once per week for over 20 years. As far as legs go, again they are not small and I rarley go below 15 reps on anything. Now, the two quotes by you below are just dead wrong.

"once per week isnt often enough"     "if you never do low reps you wont gain strength optimally and thus wont grow optimally"  (pure balogna)

tbombz u should know better than to say that

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2011, 11:31:44 AM »
I agree with everything Disgusted has said with the exception of training requency - 4-5 times a week is too much for a natural in my opinion and you'll burn out sooner rather than later.

Training for a natural should be pretty instinctive - if you are tired from the previous day's workout (assuming you're also working a full-time job as well), then don't go to the gym - only go back once your energy levels have returned, usually by the following day. I've been training one on, one off for the last year now and have had better results, am more rested, and have an improved quality of life as well to do other things because not all my time is spent in the gym like it used to be. Occasionally I'll do two workouts on consecutive days depending on what bodyparts I'm doing, but I will NEVER train three days in a row no matter how I feel.

But having said all that, everyone's different and you've got to find out for yourself what works best for you.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2011, 11:34:36 AM »
I agree with everything Disgusted has said with the exception of training requency - 4-5 times a week is too much for a natural in my opinion and you'll burn out sooner rather than later.

Training for a natural should be pretty instinctive - if you are tired from the previous day's workout (assuming you're also working a full-time job as well), then don't go to the gym - only go back once your energy levels have returned, usually by the following day. I've been training one on, one off for the last year now and have had better results, am more rested, and have an improved quality of life as well to do other things because not all my time is spent in the gym like it used to be. Occasionally I'll do two workouts on consecutive days depending on what bodyparts I'm doing, but I will NEVER train three days in a row no matter how I feel.

But having said all that, everyone's different and you've got to find out for yourself what works best for you.

Jason, let me clarify something. I am not saying that one should train a body part once per week. I'm saying that you can grow training a body part once per week. I'm really not a big fan of the term over training. I also think that training should be instinctive for everyone once they develop an understading of the basics.

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2011, 11:38:27 AM »

Spot on!

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2011, 11:58:33 AM »
If you ask that questions to 10 different people you will get 10 different answers and be more confused than ever. General rule 1 gram per pound and I stress general. My people believe that a natural would need even more protein, but there is also the argument that a natural can not process protein as well as someone using anabolics. If you feel that you gains are better when your protein levels are higher than by all means stick to that! Bottom line is this. A natural is only going to get so big and forcing extra protein in WILL NOT FORCE GROWTH.

Sometimes it baffles me to see guys 160-170lbs single digit BF, down 350 grams protein per day.
Personally i'm around 230g per day, 250g tops. Never been over 300g.
I think Cutler said he eats 300-500g protein per day depending on his carb intake. and he is what, 280lbs? single digit
tank u jesus

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2011, 01:59:48 PM »
Jason, let me clarify something. I am not saying that one should train a body part once per week. I'm saying that you can grow training a body part once per week. I'm really not a big fan of the term over training. I also think that training should be instinctive for everyone once they develop an understading of the basics.

Ah right - I'm with you - thanks for clarifying.  8)