Author Topic: CNN poll confirms earlier Gallup poll. 62% want abortions made illegal  (Read 3197 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
WASHINGTON — A new CNN national poll of Americans finds results that are almost identical to a Gallup survey earlier this year, and it shows 62% of Americans want all or most abortions made illegal.

CNN asked the question, “Do you think abortion should be legal under any circumstances, legal under only certain circumstances, or illegal in all circumstances?” The survey found 25 percent of Americans want all abortions legal while 21 percent want all abortions illegal, and it had a large group of 53 percent of Americans saying abortions should be legal only under certain circumstances.

However, with a large percentage of Americans opposing abortions except in cases such as taking of the life of the mother, or cases of rape or incest — both of which, combined, constitute less than two percent of all abortions in the nation, according to the Guttmacher Institute — most Americans truly want 100% of 98 percent of the 1.2 million abortions a year made illegal.

A follow-up question CNN asked showed that to be the case.

When asked, “Do you think abortion should be legal under any circumstances, legal under only certain circumstances, legal in a few circumstances or illegal in all circumstances? ” CNN found the same 25 percent and 21 percent want either all abortions legal or all illegal. But, breaking down that 53 percent group further, CNN shows just 12 percent want abortions legal in most circumstances while 41 percent want most abortions to be made illegal.

In total, 62 percent of Americans want all or most abortions to be prohibited while only 37 percent of Americans want all or most abortions kept legal — the position of President Barack Obama and Planned Parenthood, the nation’s biggest abortion business.

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/09/15/cnn-poll-62-want-all-or-most-abortions-made-illegal/

Cue the regressives to claim that Americans don't know what's good for them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: CNN poll confirms earlier Gallup poll. 62% want abortions made illegal
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 04:42:32 PM »
60% or more americans wanted to pull out of iraq. 

I'm sure at one point,, 51% (seeing that the north was more densely populated) supported slavery.

Should we do whatever the majority wants, every time?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 04:51:23 PM »
60% or more americans wanted to pull out of iraq. 

I'm sure at one point,, 51% (seeing that the north was more densely populated) supported slavery.

Should we do whatever the majority wants, every time?

What an awful, awful straw man.

Neither of those points have anything to do with the issue of abortion.

Should we do what the minority wants every time?  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 04:52:12 PM »
like ive said its only a matter of time before the liberals lose this battle.

If the were able to admit that the rights of the parents are uneven and give males the right to walk away same as women I think the number would decline slightly.

But its still only a matter of time before its outlawed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 05:01:24 PM »
This has been a pretty consistent public opinion. Will be interesting to see how the "personhood" amendment turns out in Mississippi.  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=394884.0

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 05:02:59 PM »
Should we do what the minority wants every time?  ::)

No.  we shouldn't do what the majority wants every time - particularly when shit swings from "70% support the war" to "70% want us to leave the war immediately".

We should do what the wiser people running the country (no, not pelosi and cantor) deem best for long-term US viability.  Yes, abortion sucks from a moral sense, most agree there.  But from a financial sense, it makes sense.  It makes sense when a 10 year olf girl gets raped by her father.  It doesn't make sense when 30 year old idiots use it as birth control cause they don't like using rubbers.

there are no absolute answers.  You, me, dems, repubs - NONE of us has a perfect answer for abortion issue.  And using some poll to "prove a point" about it is silly.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 05:05:11 PM »
This has been a pretty consistent public opinion.

No, it hasn't.    For you it's been consistent since your 92 vote for Clinton.  For the rest of america, it was only 2 years ago that the "pro Life" belief finally took over.  Geez it's like you're giving the wrong answer on purpose here to get held back another year ???

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/more-americans-pro-life-than-pro-choice-first-time.aspx

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 05:05:56 PM »
like ive said its only a matter of time before the liberals lose this battle.

If the were able to admit that the rights of the parents are uneven and give males the right to walk away same as women I think the number would decline slightly.

But its still only a matter of time before its outlawed.

I don't think this will ever be a settled issue, unless there is a "human life" or "personhood" amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 05:08:02 PM »
It's only been the last 2 years that the majority of Americans have been pro-life.

Even if some getbiggers disagree.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 05:13:29 PM »
damn shit got quiet in here

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 05:14:52 PM »

No, it hasn't.    For you it's been consistent since your 92 vote for Clinton.  For the rest of america, it was only 2 years ago that the "pro Life" belief finally took over.  Geez it's like you're giving the wrong answer on purpose here to get held back another year ???

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/more-americans-pro-life-than-pro-choice-first-time.aspx

Yes, I voted for Bill Clinton.  Twice.  And you voted for George Bush Sr.

I'm a republican - or a "moderate" republican if you must divide them into moderates and neoconservatives. 

I stand for strong defense, but not at the expense of our budgetary future or

i stand for personal liberties and minimal govt involvement.

I stand for soft isolationism - you export when needed but you tariff them too.

I am tough on crime, I don't support welfare growth, and I think people should be held accountable for actions. 

I've voted for Bush, Dole, Bush, Bush in my life, even when guys like Beach Bum and Mr I were admittedly voting for Bill Clinton. 

I am a *real* republican, not one of these soft-ass newbies who see Bush as the daddy to keep them safe becuase they decided they didn't like clinton anymore once FOX news turned on him in 98.

Or did you?

I was too young to vote for Bush Sr, I was only in high school.  But I certainly did support him.

Being a 2-time liberal voter like you are, your opinion on republican standpoints is very skewed.  You support neocon agenda now - you don't really understand Reagan conservatism.

You're a lib in wolf's clothing, BB.

Tsk, tsk.  Repeated violations of Skip's Rule No. 1:

1.  Make Shit Up

Don't know what the fuck you're talking about?  Can't quite keep up with the conversation?  Or maybe you're just completely lost but want to contribute to the board anyway?

Don't worry, just make some shit up. 

It really looks impressive if you throw out some statistics too.  Do you know what the Vice President of Engineering for Cisco makes each year and pays in taxes?  Nope.  But it doesn't matter.  Just claim all rich people only pay 8% in taxes and that everybody else is getting screwed over.  It always looks good when you make shit up while portraying yourself as the underdog.

Do you really know how many people actually need food?  Have you been actively keeping up with abortion statistics in the United States?  Do you really follow oil futures?  Who cares?  Just make a claim and use a high enough percentage to be plausible, but low enough that nobody will probably question. 9 times out of 10, nobody's going to bother checking your bullshit.  If they do, just move to Rules #2-4.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 05:15:27 PM »
damn shit got quiet in here

Says the lying liar.  lol   :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »
WASHINGTON — A new CNN national poll of Americans finds results that are almost identical to a Gallup survey earlier this year, and it shows 62% of Americans want all or most abortions made illegal.

CNN asked the question, “Do you think abortion should be legal under any circumstances, legal under only certain circumstances, or illegal in all circumstances?” The survey found 25 percent of Americans want all abortions legal while 21 percent want all abortions illegal, and it had a large group of 53 percent of Americans saying abortions should be legal only under certain circumstances.

However, with a large percentage of Americans opposing abortions except in cases such as taking of the life of the mother, or cases of rape or incest — both of which, combined, constitute less than two percent of all abortions in the nation, according to the Guttmacher Institute — most Americans truly want 100% of 98 percent of the 1.2 million abortions a year made illegal.

A follow-up question CNN asked showed that to be the case.

When asked, “Do you think abortion should be legal under any circumstances, legal under only certain circumstances, legal in a few circumstances or illegal in all circumstances? ” CNN found the same 25 percent and 21 percent want either all abortions legal or all illegal. But, breaking down that 53 percent group further, CNN shows just 12 percent want abortions legal in most circumstances while 41 percent want most abortions to be made illegal.

In total, 62 percent of Americans want all or most abortions to be prohibited while only 37 percent of Americans want all or most abortions kept legal — the position of President Barack Obama and Planned Parenthood, the nation’s biggest abortion business.

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/09/15/cnn-poll-62-want-all-or-most-abortions-made-illegal/

Cue the regressives to claim that Americans don't know what's good for them.

The ones who support banning abortion should pay higher taxes in order to support the Welfare Children that would be created.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 05:33:29 PM »
The ones who support banning abortion should pay higher taxes in order to support the Welfare Children that would be created.
those that do probably already do pay more taxes than the ppl creating the welfare babies...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 05:34:11 PM »
LOL!!   BB does his research on 240's voting pattern, but forgets to answer this point  ;)

This has been a pretty consistent public opinion.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 05:38:12 PM »
I don't think this will ever be a settled issue, unless there is a "human life" or "personhood" amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Probably right, people seem to be pretty staunch in whichever side they support.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 05:39:57 PM »
LOL!!   BB does his research on 240's voting pattern, but forgets to answer this point  ;)

"I swear, I am telling the Truth!!!"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 05:40:54 PM »

Probably right, people seem to be pretty staunch in whichever side they support.

That's why I don't think it will ever be a settled issue without an amendment.  And even then it would be contentious. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 05:42:42 PM »

No.  we shouldn't do what the majority wants every time - particularly when shit swings from "70% support the war" to "70% want us to leave the war immediately".

We should do what the wiser people running the country (no, not pelosi and cantor) deem best for long-term US viability.  Yes, abortion sucks from a moral sense, most agree there.  But from a financial sense, it makes sense.  It makes sense when a 10 year olf girl gets raped by her father.  It doesn't make sense when 30 year old idiots use it as birth control cause they don't like using rubbers.

there are no absolute answers.  You, me, dems, repubs - NONE of us has a perfect answer for abortion issue.  And using some poll to "prove a point" about it is silly.

It's amazing how fucking hypocritical you are. You're the same scumbag that trots out a poll anytime you feel like proving a point yet you also throw a temper tantrum anytime someone else does. You're a broken record and it's fucking old.

And for the record, I've supported abortion longer than I can remember. But there's no denying this country's ideological shift away from it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 05:43:02 PM »
Beach bum,

Americans have been pro choice for decades.

It's only since 2009 that the pro-life view has taken foothold.

I hope the heps. [sic]

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 05:43:43 PM »
It's amazing how fucking hypocritical you are. You're the same scumbag that trots out a poll anytime you feel like proving a point yet you also throw a temper tantrum anytime someone else does. You're a broken record and it's fucking old.

And for the record, I've supported abortion longer than I can remember. But there's no denying this country's ideological shift away from it.

i'm wrong a lot, but i admit it.  BB has been on my shit for years.  so when he plain makes up something so obviously false because a bible told him so, then attacks me for it....

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 05:45:45 PM »
I have actually recently changed my mind to a certain extent on abortion.
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2011, 06:16:06 PM »
I have actually recently changed my mind to a certain extent on abortion.
Thats because you are a Paultard.  You will probably start believing in Jesus soon.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 06:22:13 PM »
Thats because you are a Paultard.  You will probably start believing in Jesus soon.

No, nothing to do with that; the law is illogical.

If you kill a pregnant woman in a car accident you will be charged will double homicide in some states but when a woman chooses to do so there is no crime. This is a philosophical inconsistency that cannot be supported for reasons of logic. If however, the laws regarding double homicide were repealed it would be more consistent and no I am not going to believe in Jesus ever.
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 06:25:07 PM »
No, nothing to do with that; the law is illogical.

If you kill a pregnant woman in a car accident you will be charged will double homicide in some states but when a woman chooses to do so there is no crime. This is a philosophical inconsistency that cannot be supported for reasons of logic. If however, the laws regarding double homicide were repealed it would be more consistent and no I am not going to believe in Jesus ever.
Uh,
Abortion is a choice made by the mother whereas getting in a car accident and dying is not a Choice made by the mother.  Also, they would be charged with Vehicular Manslaughter which does not carry too stiff a penalty in most states.