Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 163512 times)

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #575 on: November 16, 2011, 06:55:20 AM »
Basile's head is always sore and sometimes grows an inch in a month. This is a known scientific fact. Those who dont agree are ignorant. When the head gets bigger the body also grows.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #576 on: November 16, 2011, 07:28:07 AM »
Basile's head is always sore and sometimes grows an inch in a month. This is a known scientific fact. Those who dont agree are ignorant. When the head gets bigger the body also grows.

Welcome to Getbig  ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #577 on: November 16, 2011, 07:48:57 AM »
Geez Vince, look I like the posters over at Ironage but I know if go over there and even slightly debate almost any science of case study I'll get kicked off. Exept for you doing this on your own you have no basis for a conclusion. Sorry Vince, but again. DOMS and hypertrophy have nothing to do with each other.

When I read a statement like this from you it makes me wonder about your experience. You haven't read the literature to make a statement like that. You obviously don't have the experience re this phenomenon, either.

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #578 on: November 16, 2011, 07:52:24 AM »
When I read a statement like this from you it makes me wonder about your experience. You haven't read the literature to make a statement like that. You obviously don't have the experience re this phenomenon, either.

WTF, it's like 3am in Australia  ???

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #579 on: November 16, 2011, 07:58:55 AM »
Geez Vince, look I like the posters over at Ironage but I know if go over there and even slightly debate almost any science of case study I'll get kicked off. Exept for you doing this on your own you have no basis for a conclusion. Sorry Vince, but again. DOMS and hypertrophy have nothing to do with each other.
if you say your opinion over there you would get kicked off...i have never know such a shower of idiots apart from a few people the most are just dicks. I mean Bob scalise was really out of order to Vince...he wrote "i don't think your stay here will be long". Scalise looks like a fat bald bastard who has never worked out. Don't blame Vince for breaking up his thread over there. Here you can say your opinion and you can look at a bit of bum and tit in the 18 section... :D

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
« Reply #580 on: November 16, 2011, 08:05:13 AM »
Donny, are you British?

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
« Reply #581 on: November 16, 2011, 08:07:17 AM »
Looks like old Basile has stopped posting at Ironage. He knows he not wanted there.

io856

« Reply #582 on: November 16, 2011, 08:18:53 AM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #583 on: November 16, 2011, 08:59:41 AM »

Actually I have. This is why I dispute this theory.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #584 on: November 16, 2011, 09:07:46 AM »
it seems to me thats obviously your intention, although its failing...

i couldn't give a shit

unlike you cup cake
T

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #585 on: November 16, 2011, 09:22:44 AM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #586 on: November 16, 2011, 09:25:41 AM »
if you say your opinion over there you would get kicked off...i have never know such a shower of idiots apart from a few people the most are just dicks. I mean Bob scalise was really out of order to Vince...he wrote "i don't think your stay here will be long". Scalise looks like a fat bald bastard who has never worked out. Don't blame Vince for breaking up his thread over there. Here you can say your opinion and you can look at a bit of bum and tit in the 18 section... :D

I don't get involved in debates over there and I rarely post over there. I do however like reading the stories of some of the greats that post on Ironage. This is the ONLY site where I post my BS ;D

Salvatore Martinez

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #587 on: November 16, 2011, 09:28:32 AM »
Vince telling Coach his theories dont work reminds me of the Musclehedz cartoon in Flex magazine where some 60 something skinny/fat guy in a headband is telling some huge ripped bodybuilder that hes doing curls all wrong and telling him he'll never build muscle that way, lol.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #588 on: November 16, 2011, 03:16:32 PM »
Looks like old Basile has stopped posting at Ironage. He knows he not wanted there.

I haven't stopped posting at Ironage. I don't find contributing to discussions about training at all rewarding there. Here at Getbig everyone is an expert. Well, over there most are old experts. Nuff said.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #589 on: November 16, 2011, 03:17:38 PM »
Actually I have. This is why I dispute this theory.

Dispute isn't sufficient, you have to refute my theory. That you cannot do.

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
« Reply #590 on: November 16, 2011, 03:52:32 PM »
I haven't stopped posting at Ironage. I don't find contributing to discussions about training at all rewarding there. Here at Getbig everyone is an expert. Well, over there most are old experts. Nuff said.

You know very little about training. You said in a recent post that you had done very little bodybuilding training since 1977. That is why you look so out of shape at 70, and as if you had never trained in you life.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #591 on: November 16, 2011, 04:20:49 PM »
You know very little about training. You said in a recent post that you had done very little bodybuilding training since 1977. That is why you look so out of shape at 70, and as if you had never trained in you life.

Wash your mouth out with black tar soap. I am a fine figure of a man. Just carry a tad extra safety fat in case I get sick. All will be revealed in due course. Can you imagine how good it feels

to walk around at 69 being much bigger than I was when I was in my prime? You see my contempories like Arnold and Sergio looking unimpressive. Zane and Scott aren't the big guys they used to be.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #592 on: November 16, 2011, 04:21:41 PM »

Scalise -- I remember that old douche very well. Always on my ass about something finally banning me. Another bald old fart that doesn't look like he ever lifted a weight in his life.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #593 on: November 16, 2011, 04:24:18 PM »
Wash your mouth out with black tar soap. I am a fine figure of a man. Just carry a tad extra safety fat in case I get sick. All will be revealed in due course. Can you imagine how good it feels

to walk around at 69 being much bigger than I was when I was in my prime? You see my contempories like Arnold and Sergio looking unimpressive. Zane and Scott aren't the big guys they used to be.

Vince, do you consider being big in and of itself better. Just because you weigh more than you did in the 1970s do you think you are better and more impressive now?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #594 on: November 16, 2011, 04:27:32 PM »
Vince, do you consider being big in and of itself better. Just because you weigh more than you did in the 1970s do you think you are better and more impressive now?
Good question bro.

Bigger is not better.......better is better!!

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #595 on: November 16, 2011, 04:33:04 PM »
the new way to train is right here, front page news on Yahoo
http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/how-to-exercise-your-biceps-without-using-weights.html

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #596 on: November 16, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »
Dispute isn't sufficient, you have to refute my theory. That you cannot do.

Well, with all due respect, Coach, while being well into his forties, attained a level of contest shape that exceeded yours while you were in your prime. Coach, while he was in his twenties, was vastly superior to your physique at any time in your career.

Other than you, I don't think anyone will dispute that.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #597 on: November 16, 2011, 05:32:03 PM »
When I came to Golds Gym in October 1968 I was hoping to stay in LA and train for contests.....to follow the bodybuilder's dream. I lasted a month then went back to Vancouver. LA is a scary place to survive in when you don't have a job there. I had a SS card number but I didn't want to get deported like the Mexicans did. There were no personal trainers in those days. Well, not as a common profession.

While training there I got to the biggest I had been as a natural. I was 210 pounds and had 17 1/2" cold arms and calves. Right now my calves are bigger than that and I don't train them. My arms are now bigger as well and that makes me feel good. The last time I competed my arms were 17 1/4" but I could pump them over 18" easily. Getting 18 inch cold arms in contest condition isn't at all easy. Not in those days, and not today....of course naturally. No way I am going the pill and injection route that the followers of gh15 take. That isn't bodybuilding. It is abuse of oneself physically, mentally, socially and even morally. How can anyone be proud of what he built via the chemist? You can't. It is all bullshit and fake.

Coach had a good build. No doubt about that. However, what is his knowledge of hypertrophy theory? I haven't read anything that would compel me to drop what I know and follow the coach. Next thing I would be training with ropes and tyres and wondered what the hell happened to my self-respect!

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #598 on: November 16, 2011, 05:43:45 PM »

I haven't read anything that would compel me to drop what I know and follow the coach. Next thing I would be training with ropes and tyres and wondered what the hell happened to my self-respect!

Reading is not required. Just have a look in a mirror....

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #599 on: November 16, 2011, 05:58:54 PM »
Looking in the mirror doesn't help. We all think we look better than we are. Photos tell the story. They will be taken and published when they have a good story to tell.